Day 2: Wales vs Switzerland | Denmark vs Finland | Belgium vs Russia

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Daniel James looks like he has a decent delivery on corners, why has he never took any for us when he’s started?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Akanji went and patted both players who went down there, what a nice man.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
I'm watching this in '4k' via the BBC iplayer app. I use quotes because it looks no better than 1080p, to me. And don't even start me on the 'HDR'. I don't know what difference that is supposed to make but it doesn't do shit.
You’re also probably so far behind the live feed that you’re only just about to see Immobile’s goal.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Ward's a good keeper, totally wasted as eternal Leicester sub.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ah yeah didn't see the location in your profile. Or Bosnian roots.

Always happy to give quick education:

Yeah much better that. Definitely makes a big difference with full stands. Hard to get a good atmosphere with whatever is in Baku now.

And don't take it personally! Bosnias national anthem is such a mess that they play one thing on the speakers and the fans/some players sing a different one that "the people" want to be the national anthem, so it ends up being very weird :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wales far weaker at the back than 5 years ago. Going to be punished for one of these errors before too long.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Dan James always plays well for Wales when I watch them.
We play a different way to United (mainly down to the players we have) and he tends to find some more space.

But, he does look better generally too. Maybe feels comfortable/confident with Wales (where he's basically a cert to play) and nervy with United (squad player)

marktan

Wales' tactic of not getting the Bale or Ramsey probably isn't helping them.

Also feel Brooks should've maybe played in midfield, no one seems to be able to do anything with the ball.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wales' tactic of not getting the Bale or Ramsey probably isn't helping them.

Also feel Brooks should've maybe played in midfield, no one seems to be able to do anything with the ball.
Both are shadows of what they were 5 years ago tbh. Basically all Wales key players from 5 years ago (Ben Davies, Ramsey, Joe Allen, Bale) just lacking fitness or match sharpness compared to 2016 when they all came into that tournament motivated and in really good form.

So lots to ask of young players when the seniors aren't close to 100%.

3-5-2 last time also hit many of their weaknesses. They're too easy to play through playing 4-2-3-1 from what I've seen so far.

marktan

The tactic of lumping it to Moore over and over again probably shows how limited Wales are with their temp coach.

One of Bale or Ramsey should really be dropping deeper, yeah you want them further ahead but they've not touched the ball in 25 minutes. Get them to drop deeper and string some plays together.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Watching this tournament online means I reckon I'm about 1 minute behind the live pictures. That's always fun.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Dan James going to be one of these random players of the tournament isn't he?

What a great run, exactly what Wales need to get up the pitch. Deserved booking for Schar.

Jaxa

Anyone else watching in HDR via iplayer? Can you see any difference?
I am, do you think the game looks a bit low on contrast, not much colour, a bit grey even ?

It's not my TV settings as everything else is fine, it was the same last night for the Italy game, weird.

marktan

Both are shadows of what they were 5 years ago tbh. Basically all Wales key players from 5 years ago (Ben Davies, Ramsey, Joe Allen, Bale) just lacking fitness or match sharpness compared to 2016 when they all came into that tournament motivated and in really good form.

So lots to ask of young players when the seniors aren't close to 100%.

3-5-2 last time also hit many of their weaknesses. They're too easy to play through playing 4-2-3-1 from what I've seen so far.
Very true, expectations are probably quote low for Wales. But they really should be trying to get one of Bale or Ramsey a little deeper and on the ball, they still have quality. Now all they're doing is lumping it forward or passing it between the back 4. James aside.

Blood Mage

I'd like to see this Dan James in a United shirt rather than the one we're used to seeing.