Day 2: Wales vs Switzerland | Denmark vs Finland | Belgium vs Russia

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
All we can do is hope and pray. I'm really shocked

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
the cpr was quick, I think (hope, pray) it worked
Can only hope some of the applause was people sitting nearby seeing some movement in him but get the feeling they were just applauding him being taken off the pitch.

bosskeano

i'm really surprised they didn't have a mobile defibrillator machine on hand as the poor guy had to do manual chest compressions

Halftrack

Was looking at my phone, and looked up just in time to see them zoomed in as he received a jolt from the defibrillator. Harrowing, not at all something we needed to be shown.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hopefully he's going to be alright.
Horrible thing to happen to someone.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thankfully I didn't see as was watching tennis. Just saw the end bit where they had the covers up.

The most important thing is for him to be ok. So bloody sad
Was semi watching, and didn't see it clearly. Just presumed he'd been smashed by someone and it was a bad injury.
But on a watch, yeah shocker - just went down, noone anyone around.

miked99

That's the worst thing I've ever seen while watching football. God I hope so much he's ok.

What the feck were they playing at, zooming in while he was lying there?

Hester_manc

Jesus, glad I didn't see that, sounds horrific. Hopefully he makes a recovery :(
I will never forget it. To begin with, of course, the camera people did not perceive the seriousness. Therefore, they zoomed in. It was creepy pictures and he looked dead. Terrible pictures - I wish I had never seen it. I have prayed for him many times.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Feel physically sick after witnessing that.

I'm hoping and praying he's ok, it's a big big positive that he was attended too almost immediately.

Woodzy

Wonder if the Belgium game will be on or not. Obviously the game is irrelevant but just wondering. Lukaku's teammate.
There’s no way they can let that game go ahead at the moment, would be shocked and disgusted if it does.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I assume most people posting here are also adults, but the BBC and any other broadcaster, has a responsibility to shield those who are not from scenes like they continued to focus on. It's grossly incompetent what they've done; how many parents are now having to keep an eye on their kids or explain to them what they've just seen?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Praying for Eriksen and his family. Really hope he's alright :(

Anyone know if there are encouraging signs from what we've seen?

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
That was fecking horrific. You imagine they didn't know what the hell to do but the broadcasters need to cut to the studio as soon as they realise how serious the situation is. Lineker can inform the viewers of any developments, then they can cut the broadcast from there as they've now done.

I'm hoping with every inch of me Eriksen pulls through.

Okocha119

No chance the tournament though.
Probably, but is anyone really going to be excited to watch football after this? There was hardly any excitement on my end to begin with, but now it's gone straight into the shitter.

Sylar

So glad i turned it off. Disgraceful from the coverage to keep showing it and not cut away sooner.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Was semi watching, and didn't see it clearly. Just presumed he'd been smashed by someone and it was a bad injury.
But on a watch, yeah shocker - just went down, noone anyone around.
He probably has some undiagnosed heart condition. Hopefully he pulls through first and foremost and then get proper treatment.

crossy1686

career ending
I will never forget it. To begin with, of course, the camera people did not perceive the seriousness. Therefore, they zoomed in. It was creepy pictures and he looked dead. Terrible pictures - I wish I had never seen it. I have prayed for him many times.
I think he technically was dead at that point but no one was to know

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I honestly think he’s dead, hope I’m wrong! It didn’t look good. Why is there no mobile heart equipment considering after everything that’s happened in the past??
Don’t know how the tournament continues if he dies!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Pretty lame answer. Nobody knew what was happening then.
It was pretty clear from the players and referees reaction this was pretty fecking serious instantly.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
i'm really surprised they didn't have a mobile CPR machine on hand as the poor guy had to do manual chest compressions
Aren't manual compressions "better" than a machine when performed by a medical professional ? I thought i read that somewhere.
Horrible to see his wife... Being in Danemark a lot of family/friends may have been there. Good thing his kids are very young and would have been quickly shielded from watching this.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
He received medical attention pretty quickly so hopefully that helped and he's going to be okay. One can only hope and pray that he will be. Life is so fragile.

mav_9me

i'm really surprised they didn't have a mobile defibrillator machine on hand as the poor guy had to do manual chest compressions
Defibrillator does not have anything to do with compressions. You need to do compressions in between the shocks. The shocks are given based off the rhythm noted. I am 100% sure they have automatic defibrillators.

slored1

Probably, but is anyone really going to be excited to watch football after this? There was hardly any excitement on my end to begin with, but now it's gone straight into the shitter.
I was excited well enough but now it really became meaningless.

The Firestarter

I honestly think he’s dead, hope I’m wrong! It didn’t look good. Why is there no mobile heart equipment considering after everything that’s happened in the past??
Don’t know how the tournament continues if he dies!
What do you mean, they used a defibrillator? What other equipment do you refer to?

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
This has happened before with a City player in the world cup and I think that tournament continued.
Exactly, Foe at the FIFA Confederations Cup in 2003. Still have sad memories of that. It happened during the semifinals, Cameroon won the match but I remember none of the Cameroonian players wanted to play in the finals but FIFA insisted and they had to play the finals barely three days later as planned. Of course we lost to France.