g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Day 26: England vs Croatia Waist Coat Semi-Final

What is 'coming home'?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marktan

Good game from both sides, unfortunately we lack a bit of quality. Rather Croatia get beaten in the final than England anyway.

Also a big feck off to half the united fans in here posting anti-england rubbish. Here's an idea, support the team that has 3 united players actually playing it.

justboy68

Gutted but can't be too angry with the lads. They did good. Better than any of us expected.

If we are to go out I'm happy it's to Croatia, always had a soft spot for them since 1998, punching above their weight. Hope they can pull off the upset in the final although it will be hard after 3 consecutive extra times.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
We played decent. Am i wrong to blame Stones?

Can see why Guardiola dropped him for the second half of the season.

Anustart89

Who would've thought that only being able to score from set pieces wouldn't take you to a WC title.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I just hate anti English people. I'm patriotic like so many English, shouldn't we all be ?
Rooting against the England football team is not necessarily being anti-English. I root against Real Madrid all the time and I love Madrid (the city) and my madrilista friends.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Kane was totally ineffective tonight. His worst game in an England shirt and he saved it for the biggest game of his life.

El Zoido

At this point can we finally stop ITV having England games, for the good of the nation!

Patrick08

Taking out Henderson took out all creative passes for England. Wilshere was missed.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
From the warm ups, the three behind Kane have been the weak link and it continued to be. On a united front, I hope we improve upon the one from our team.

ti vu

Unlucky lads. You should be proud of the team. They did extremely well.
I agree they did better than many of previous tournament and England fans should be proud. I don't think it's luck. It's experience vs naivety. Southgate doesn't have plan B. It's not the first time in this tournament England tried to kill game but failed and opposition could get back into the game when England energy dropped in latter stage of the game. Croatia showed experience. They did damage control well to stay keep the score when England had all the momentum, and stroke back from second half.

bdspeedy

Men beating up on boys. Hopefully England grow up a little. Great job Croatia. Well deserved.
Now feck off Lovren and Man-dzuky. Can't stand the sight of either.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
No shots on target from open play in 120 minutes. All tournament long we haven't created enough, and today we couldn't get the ball into areas to win freekicks and corners because Croatia pegged us back by pushing our FBs back.

Southgate got done unfortunately and didn't have an answer.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Not going to be a popular opinion because Southgate is so well-loved but England have look poorly organised tonight.

Basically no midfield, so stretched between attack and defense, lacks cohesion. Bad tactics for me.
Croatia deserved to win. England are quite limited.
We did really well to get to the SF.

Spurs of international football? Kane did nothing against decent opposition.

Way better than I expected before the start for England.
Croatia to win it.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Not even that gutted. Proud of the team for making England fans enjoy tournament football again.

Southgate needs to learn from this though. Too negative at times.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Pissed off but also relieved in a way as it proves from a Utd perspective Lingard and Rashford will never be good enough and i hope Mourinho makes the necessary changes with these two.

Nick7

England deserved nothing from that. They've come up short in the two games against top competition. I wonder if the Colombia game would have been different with James.

Even still England has a bright future at international football with the current team and youth teams.

LeftyBlaster

I agree they did better than many of previous tournament and England fans should be proud. I don't think it's luck. It's experience vs naivety. Southgate doesn't have plan B. It's not the first time in this tournament England tried to kill game but failed and opposition could get back into the game when England energy dropped in latter stage of the game.
Agree. His subs show that he doesn’t know how to change up a game.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Well well... LOL. Football was almost home, then it turned right around and fecked off.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Came up against Three slightly difficult games at the WC and didn't win any.