Day 3: England vs Croatia | Austria vs North Macedonia | Netherlands vs Ukraine

bsCallout

I don't care about the players not even being good (hence, what I said about the smaller teams). What I can't stand is when a team with better players do not even try to be entertaining. They got away with the absolute bare minimum today.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You've watched Gladiator too many times.

The didn't 'get away' with anything, they won their first game of the Euros with a professional, disciplined display.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Been watching England since 1982 World Cup.

Think this is potentially our best team in a very long time. Maybe not this tournament, but the world Cup next year perhaps.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
England won because Croatia were old, still managed to pass us off the pitch mind.

Balljy

fecking hell, it was a bit dull, but a win is better than expected. You'd think we'd lost and picked up 11 injuries by the tone in here.
It's just weird. We look like we can play international football now after 30 years of trying to play English football in international cups. It's going to be boring, but that's the way it is in these tournaments.

Everyone seems to think they are smarter than Southgate but the picks most people disagreed with (Trippier, Phillips, Mings, Sterling) were all among England's better performers.

Not saying it was perfect but it was a sound performance and a deserved win.
agree. We know the Caf really don’t know too much - was an absolute car crash on here after the team was announced.

never started the Euros with a win. Nothing to complain about today.

predator

Youth NITK
The England male football team may not win tournaments and it usually ends badly but when it comes to rattling non English fans, they're the best in the world.

It's funny.

Judas

Open to offers
picking fights… :lol:

Why can’t people actually be positive. People will criticise everything.

fans will be delighted with the result.

very good game. The manager and the players didn’t deserve the criticism before a ball was even kicked.
Your version of being positive has been to go at anyone who dares doubt Southgate though, so it's not been the best example, if anything it just creates more tension.

Redfrog

Yeah. I thought Croatia were favourites and they didn't have a sniff. Deserved praise today.
Are you kidding ? Have you seen this Croatian team ? Every good player is on his last leg. It’s been 3 years since the World Cup…

djembatheking

Think this is potentially our best team in a very long time. Maybe not this tournament, but the world Cup next year perhaps.
Agree attack wise through the midfield and strikers but we have had stronger defences and keepers in the past . We need to play on the front foot more like we did in the first 15 mins.

El Zoido

The England male football team may not win tournaments and it usually ends badly but when it comes to rattling non English fans, they're the best in the world.

It's funny.
The hate for England is absolutely bizarre. I haven’t even seen this supposed “arrogance” for decades by this point either. But whatever.

TheReligion

Abusive
Anyway thought Kane wasn't great today. Coming deep again to get the ball when he needs to keep himself further to the pitch.

Hulme91

Hilarious how miserable some of the posters are in here :lol:
I think a few are far more invested in hoping England lose rather than hoping the team they actually support win

diarm

It's funny.
Yes. It's the non-English fans that the world is laughing at when it comes to your national team.

Judas

Open to offers
Kane was poor, and I don't think the Trippier experiment worked at all. Obviously Kane will start against Scotland, but if Trippier starts at LB again it'll be very daft.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Oh my god, they surely watched a different game.

Is this full on Nationalistic-Brexit-delusion TV ?
It’s always like this, they never learn. There’s definitely some weird cultural explanation for it but I can’t quite land on what it is. As you say, it’s a broader national trait and transcends football.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Issue is goalie and CHs.

One isn't good enough and the other position is amazingly light. England used to have lots of decent CHs (and better).

Attacking wise, they're stacked

laughtersassassin

Southgate got his team wrong today. He can afford to do that in the group as you have a vastly superior team

In the latter stages it will come back to bite him if he doesn't change up imo

Your version of being positive has been to go at anyone who dares doubt Southgate though, so it's not been the best example, if anything it just creates more tension.
my take has been - let’s actually watch the team before we start bashing the manager.

he got an absolute slating for his team selection before a ball had even been kicked.

deserves the sack, can he be replaced mid way through a tournament etc. Beyond pathetic and deserves to be called out.

Halftrack

picking fights… :lol:

Why can’t people actually be positive. People will criticise everything.

fans will be delighted with the result.

very good game. The manager and the players didn’t deserve the criticism before a ball was even kicked.
I'm a neutral, the result means nothing to me. The football on display does, and it was fecking dull.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Are you kidding ? Have you seen this Croatian team ? Every good player is on his last leg. It’s been 3 years since the World Cup…
Yes, but factor in how we usually do against big teams in tournaments, us missing Maguire, and them still having Modric, I wasn't too confident myself

Withnail

It’s always like this, they never learn. There’s definitely some weird cultural explanation for it but I can’t quite land on what it is. As you say, it’s a broader national trait and transcends football.
It's the same everywhere. Your national team wins and everyone is happy and nobody wants to be a killjoy.

Judas

Open to offers
my take has been - let’s actually watch the team before we start bashing the manager.

he got an absolute slating for his team selection before a ball had even been kicked.

deserves the sack, can he be replaced mid way through a tournament etc. Beyond pathetic and deserves to be called out.
To be fair if you can't stomach other peoples opinions on a football forum, it's probably not the best place for you.