Day 3: England vs Croatia | Austria vs North Macedonia | Netherlands vs Ukraine

Scriblerus

Sterling. Couldn't even get a start for City towards the end of the season (admittedly they're a better side than England). Grealish, Rashford and Shaw will all be on after 60 minutes as we chase a 1-0 deficit.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Grealish and Rashford are obviously not 100% fit. Playing Trippier at left back is utter fecking madness though.

I really hope that the pundits slaughter Southgate if this doesn’t work today. He has had an easy ride from the media his entire time as England manager so far.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I didn't even realise the games are played on stadium to favour one side. Why are England playing on Wembley? Last night Russia played in Russia too, who made that decision? How exactly is that fair?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Sterling. Couldn't even get a start for City towards the end of the season (admittedly they're a better side than England). Grealish, Rashford and Shaw will all be on after 60 minutes as we chase a 1-0 deficit.
The Sterling decision I can kind of understand. Grealish has only just returned after being out of action for months and Rashford is not at all fit.

I can also understand Sterling over Sancho for the opening game as you want experience out there, but not having him on the bench? That is just plain ridiculous.

Anustart89

You lot need some fake sheikh voodoo done on Southgate before the next big international tournament.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
For right back on left I can think of only one example which came from genius of Jose who played azpi on left back to give protection for hazard to go all out attack from left side on his own though he had cole and Luis.

Holland worked for Jose while at chelsea and probably testing this to make pathway for grealish in coming games yet get protection from that side.

PoTMS

Southgate really has milked that WC semi final run. We beat Panama, Tunisia and Sweden FFS. When it came to playing any teams of note, we drew to Colombia and lost twice to Belgium and Croatia.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
This selection feels like a lose/lose situation. If we win he'll persist with it and we'll lose to the runner up of group F in the last 16. If we lose today then, well, we've lost. Ugh I fecking hate this selection.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
The Sterling decision is just bizarre. His form was largely poor last season. Pep still gave him chances but he was anonymous against Chelsea in both the FA Semi Final and Champions League final.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The Sterling decision is just bizarre. His form was largely poor last season. Pep still gave him chances but he was anonymous against Chelsea in both the FA Semi Final and Champions League final.
All the talk about their winger options yet he's easily the worst one in the squad (well ahead of Saka but he's young). Rashford you could say he's injured and make it understandable. But the rest? fecking hell.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Southgate really has milked that WC semi final run. We beat Panama, Tunisia and Sweden FFS. When it came to playing any teams of note, we drew to Colombia and lost twice to Belgium and Croatia.
Garbage manager.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Pretty insane that Sancho doesn’t even make the bench! He’s not injured, is he?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
England 1-1 Croatia
Austria 2-1 NM
Holland 1-2 Ukraine

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I didn't even realise the games are played on stadium to favour one side. Why are England playing on Wembley? Last night Russia played in Russia too, who made that decision? How exactly is that fair?
There's teams with homefield advantage in every tournament. At least it's not just one or two this time.