Day 3: Ivory Coast vs. Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinky

Should be an interesting game this. Both defences are not very strong, whereas both sides have very good attacking players.

Last swansong for this generation of Ivory Coast players, so will be interesting whether they can do something now that they have an open group.

Looking forward to watching Japan, they play some lovely stuff.

Ivory Coast 2-3 Japan

Ruht

Can't wait for this one. Good thing is that it's at 9am my time, so I won't be half asleep whilst watching it.

Love watching the Japan team and can see lots of goals here. Reckon they'd win this 3:1.

Cantonarightboot

Yaya is an injury doubt for this isn't he?

If he does however play, it'll be like a remake of godzilla with him running through the Japanese players :lol:

Cal?

CR7 fan
Japan to win this comfortably to kill the myth that African teams are better than Asian sides. :angel:

ManUnitedLover

Agree with OP, can't wait to see Shinji rip this up.

Toure, Drogba, Kalou are very dangerous. So are Kagawa, Endo, Okazaki etc.

Ivory Coast 1-1 Japan is my prediction.

Mad Winger

Difficult to predict this one. The two teams really compliment each other. Ivory Coast have better CBs, CMs and CFs. Japan have better AMs, fullbacks and goalkeeper.

I give Japan the edge on this one, because they work really well as a team. They took a slow and careful approach in the friendlies, but won all the games fairly comfortably. They should be well-rested and confident before the game. 8-9 out of 11 players in the starting lineup have played together for 4 years soon. They know each other well, so the team chemistry could hardly be better.

Winrar

Rumors that Yaya Toure is struggling with hamstring injury and may not feature against Japan. If true, big blow for Ivory Coast and a huge boost for Japan.

Predicting 2-1 to Japan.

justboy68

Don't think I'll stay up for this as much as it does sound like a potentially exciting game. Hopefully be able to catch highlights tomorrow.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm probably in the best time zone possible for the World Cup this year, first game kick off at noon, second at 3pm, 3rd at 6pm and then this game being at 9pm. Just a full day of football, what could be better?

Hopefully kagawa shines today, he normally does for japan.

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
The match starts at 6 am in morning here, I mean WTH!!!

bosnian_red

How the feck are we expected to watch this one :houllier: ? The only downside to this WC is the ridiculous programming
With it being in brazil, there's no other option and it's always going to be shit for the people on the other side of the ocean. Though the game kicks off at midnight in brazil, which is a bit weird.

Walters_19_MuFc

I predict Shinners will run Ivory Coast ragged. Japan to win. Can't wait for the game. That said, if England lose, which I don't think they will (hope not anyway), I probably won't enjoy the game.

Bergin

With it being in brazil, there's no other option and it's always going to be shit for the people on the other side of the ocean. Though the game kicks off at midnight in brazil, which is a bit weird.
10 in Brazil.

This must be for the Japanese audience.

Razvan

I think they scheduled the game so that it would be favourable for the japanese. It starts at 10 AM in Japan.

bosnian_red

10 in Brazil.

This must be for the Japanese audience.
Thought there was 3 hours between eastern time and them for some reason. 1 hour makes a lot more sense.
10 isn't that bad but still pretty late.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
This is the only game in the whole tournament kicking off at this time.

Anyone know why?

LetMeRollIt

Japan can't let Drogba or Yaya play freely near the box or they will concede goals. At the same time they have to be careful not to commit fouls in the area because Drogba's FK is plain wicked. They have to make sure to always double team Drogba and Yaya whenever they have the ball in the attacking third.

Japan has to watch the space on their left side whenever Nagatomo runs up to join the attack. One good pass to Gervhino with half the pitch to sprint and no one can catch him. It'll be like Robben's goal against Spain.

Honda has been terrible lately. He has to show better condition or he will be a liability, a target for Ivory Coast to get the ball and issue a counter. This is a huge, perhaps even the decisive, factor.

Japan needs to win in possesssion and penetrate the IC defense line many times. If they can do that, they have a chance.

Hope Japan can show its attacking spirit even if it concedes first. Good luck.

LetMeRollIt

Starters for Japan

Kawashima​

Uchida - Morishige - Yoshida - Nagatomo

Hasebe - Yamaguchi​

Okazaki - Honda - Kagawa​

Osako​
Good choice IMO.

For IC, Yaya starts, Drogba is on the bench.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Starters for Japan

Kawashima​

Uchida - Morishige - Yoshida - Nagatomo

Hasebe - Yamaguchi​

Okazaki - Honda - Kagawa

Osako​
Good choice IMO.

For IC, Yaya starts, Drogba is on the bench.
Japan could do with someone playing on the left, three AM's all on the right/centre is risky.

Okocha119

I'll be staying up for this, this world cup just makes you so damn excited, I wouldn't miss a potential class match like this for the world, even though it starts at 3 am. Kagawa and Okazaki to score one each, I'm going for a japanese 2:1 win.

Reactions: Eboue
Status
Not open for further replies.