Day 4: Morocco vs Croatia | Germany vs Japan | Spain vs Costa Rica | Belgium vs Canada

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
You what? Tons of empty seats throughout the tournament.
The only previous one I noticed this bad was the Netherlands / Senegal game. The rest have been packed.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Why is Harry Kane (29, 2 years left at Tottenham) worth more than Leroy Sane (26, 3 years left at Bayern)? Because he's judged to be a better player. It's silly to say quality is not an indicator.

Sterling and Tchouameni have the same price now as in the summer, so I'm not sure I understand the point there.
Sterling current market value is superior to his transfer according to Transfermarkt while Tchouaméni market value of 80m is inferior to the value of the deal agreed by Real Madrid.

And I didn't say that it wasn't an indicator I said that it wasn't directly linked. Answer this simple question, is the most expensive player necessarily the better player? Or are two players that move for the same fee at the same level? The answer is no and you know it, everyone knows it.

RedDevilMachine

Both 2014 finalist lost against Asian teams. Germany 2nd consecutive lost by Asian teams in WC??

Where's the poster that says it's shameful that this WC have more Asian countries than South American countries?
I remember he was even mocking Asia for having 8 countries for the next World Cup. Karma is delicious.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Great goal. Costa Rica look.... Not good at all. Which isn't good for Germany as Japan look far stronger than them

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Glad they've scored early, will hopefully give CR some desire to actually win the game.

Bit of a boring game so far.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Think Spain will walk this.

Sylar

Lee Dixon :lol:

Just said lets give Pedri the MOTM, hes involve with everything.
Sees a replay and says 'sorry, thats gavi'

Boavista

Don't get the outrage over this. It looks silly, and maybe it is but don't think it's mockery or showboating. It just seems like a weird thing he does to run the ball out instead of shielding it

RedDevilMachine

Old Germany didn't need that many chances to score, they used to score from very few chances, even after they got outplayed...they got outplayed by France in 82 and 86, scored from nothing ,and ended up winning against a better team.

This Germany is the opposite, creates a lot but is very wasteful due to having mediocre strikers , and end up losing the match... same thing happened against South Korea in 2018 group stage.

You love to see it though :lol:
The old efficient German machine is well and truly a thing of the past. I think Russia 2018 has haunted them so badly that they will never recover from it. I actually had them to win this World Cup and even had a thousand euro bet on them. I look so stupid now. :lol:

RedDevilMachine

Exactly right, but Germany used to have world class strikers. Now there isn’t a single German striker that strikes fear. You know it’s bad when you miss Werner.
Klose was never world-class for his club. Germany never had world class strikers no? It was always about their team chemistry and system. Now they don't have that anymore.

Gordon S

Busquets ability to read the pitch and constantly make the right decisions is crazy

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The old efficient German machine is well and truly a thing of the past. I think Russia 2018 has haunted them so badly that they will never recover from it. I actually had them to win this World Cup and even had a thousand euro bet on them. I look so stupid now. :lol:
A thousand? Are you crazy?