Day 4: Morocco vs Croatia | Germany vs Japan | Spain vs Costa Rica | Belgium vs Canada

God damn it. Such a good half and Belgium steal it. Gotta keep it up and make those chances count in the second half!
Yes they were
Such a weird concept (ever heard any crowd chant 're-fe-ree!'?) but I guess it makes sense!

Game's far from over. Canada still have 40 minutes to turn this around.
the-wolf-of-wall-street-clap.gif

How was Belgium ranked number 1 in the world? They haven’t even won anything. They’ve had the same CBs for about 10 years :lol: . Where do they go from this squad when they eventually retire? Do they even have any young CB around?

All our fears have come true. The fecker clings to some old has beens while we have the legs and talent on the bench. No movement, no ideas, midfield non-existent. Painful to watch.

KDB can’t even hit one ball right after tearing up the league with City. The absolute fecker.

I never get this. Why people feel the need to say stuff like that?

I remember back in the Euros when England lost and all the laughing about it - on an English forum :rolleyes:
Yeah, no idea why anyone would like Canada to feck off in soccer. It's not like there's any history there!

How was Belgium ranked number 1 in the world? They haven’t even won anything. They’ve had the same CBs for about 10 years :lol: . Where do they go from this squad when they eventually retire? Do they even have any young CB around?

They're still number 2 which tells all you need to know about this Fifa ranking.

All our fears have come true. The fecker clings to some old has beens while we have the legs and talent on the bench. No movement, no ideas, midfield non-existent. Painful to watch.

KDB can’t even hit one ball right after tearing up the league with City. The absolute fecker.

He's been shite recently for City too tbf.

He is an absolute fecker though.

14 shots for Canada. Only 2 on target. Belgium had 2 on as well and scored one of them.

Canada just need to keep going, they will get more chances.

Canada has been the better team by far for me, Belgium look awful but Canada have been disciplined and their talents have shined so far. What matters is the final score though.

Seriously though, how did Canada not get either of those other 2 pens?? Blatant. feck this ref.

Canada will dominate again 2nd half and Belgium will win 2-0 with a counter.

Canada better team but Belgium have so much space in midfield and final 3rd. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s an unflattering score line in the end sadly.

Hope Canada get the win. Just keep doing what they're doing but get your shooting in order. Martinez is an absolute idiot if he doesn't bring Trossard on at half time. Should probably put de Ketelaare on too

Canada will dominate again 2nd half and Belgium will win 2-0 with a counter.

I think Belgium can control the game if they bring on some players with any fight, energy or physicality about them. They have quite a few on the bench.

Martinez might actually be a bigger chancer than Southgate.

Most undeserved lead in the World cup so far.

Canada have been brilliant. Completely exposed Belgium's formation, just lack of composure infront of goal as so many times they've worked the ball around the 3 man defence with ease.

Belgium are just doing what England used to, continually playing guys based on their name instead of their current form. How Hazard is starting ahead of Trossard is beyond me. Isn't the guy Leicester signed Belgian, amazed he isn't playing instead of their OAPs at the back.

Top team will score hatful against this Belgian unit unless Martinez rapidly changes things.

Seriously though, how did Canada not get either of those other 2 pens?? Blatant. feck this ref.
Feck VAR rather. The first one his assistant gave him the wrong offside call, the second one was probably hard to see from his angle. But both should have been very clear to VAR.

Canada better team but Belgium have so much space in midfield and final 3rd. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s an unflattering score line in the end sadly.

Could well be if Belgium get a 2nd on the counter early enough they could end up with an unfair 3 or 4 goal win for sure.

I slapped like £75 on Belgium at 1.63 pregame thinking they ludicriously overpriced..... I now know why they were priced like that, but they are ahead and surely the Canadians are gonna gas out, but so are old ass Belgium.... gotta cash that shit out while I can profit. feck this.

Belgium are appalling.

Feck VAR rather. The first one his assistant gave him the wrong offside call, the second one was probably hard to see from his angle. But both should have been very clear to VAR.
It is ref's responsibility to know who passed the ball, so the first one is on him

Most undeserved lead in the World cup so far.

Canada have been brilliant. Completely exposed Belgium's formation, just lack of composure infront of goal as so many times they've worked the ball around the 3 man defence with ease.

Belgium are just doing what England used to, continually playing guys based on their name instead of their current form. How Hazard is starting ahead of Trossard is beyond me. Isn't the guy Leicester signed Belgian, amazed he isn't playing instead of their OAPs at the back.

Top team will score hatful against this Belgian unit unless Martinez rapidly changes things.

Ya very weird that Faes doesn't start for Belgium. So many terrible selection decisions by Martinez

Getting flashbacks to 2014 when Bosnia were fecked by the ref vs Nigeria and then missed a hatful of chances in our first world cup and were knocked out... (that was a more even game but more in terms of feeling like an undeserved heartbreak from my 2 countries)