Day 4: Switzerland vs. Ecuador

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I can understand the vanishing spray for putting the wall right, but Ecuador is completely ignoring the half circle to put the ball in at free kicks. It's the second time Lichtsteiner made the ref aware of that and he just doesn't seem to care. Not a big deal, but if he doesn't care, why does he even still bother drawing it?
Yeah, that's annoying. I fail to understand the value of instituting a new rule yet not properly enforcing it. Shame because it could be a great tool for refs to institute some no nonsense decisions

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Yeah, that's annoying. I fail to understand the value of instituting a new rule yet not properly enforcing it. Shame because it could be a great tool for refs to institute some no nonsense decisions
But it didn't make any difference did it? On the two occasions I saw it happen, the ball was the same distance out, just about a foot to the side. I think the ref was making the same point to Lichtsteiner. Maybe.

So, Lichtsteiner was making a deal out of nothing.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
But it didn't make any difference did it? On the two occasions I saw it happen, the ball was the same distance out, just about a foot to the side. I think the ref was making the same point to Lichtsteiner. Maybe.

So, Lichtsteiner was making a deal out of nothing.
It did because Ecuador's goal came off a situation where they moved the ball outside of the sprayed area which Lichsteiner was complaining about. The very manner in which it is sprayed, indicates that the ball is to remain where it sits - to discourage a replacement and hence change of angle on the freekick.

I just think if you're going to bring a new rule in, enforce it...otherwise you simply create a new source of criticism to direct at referees

Status
Not open for further replies.