Day 5: Switzerland vs Cameroon | Uruguay vs South Korea | Portugal vs Ghana | Brazil vs Serbia

massi83

Three things are guaranteed in life: Death, taxes and Switzerland being at every major tournament playing dog shit football.
Interesting comment during this match, since it is Cameroon who have scored 0 or 1 goal in their last 14 WC games, whereas as others already said Swiss have played well in several tournaments

Deery

Dreary
Feels like Cameroon have enough players to win this match but aren’t going to.

facchiano

It's shocking how lazy the Cameroon players are. The midfield is trotting up and down when breaks happen for or against them.
The midfield is treating this game as a kick about with your friends. The technicality is there but they've succumbed to laziness. Very frustrating to watch.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It’s another game where donkey touches, poor passing and poor decision making has thwarted both teams.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Why is that not a penalty? Genuine question.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I don’t understand the refs criteria most of the time. Genuine answer
They make it up as they go along. 0 consistency.
Thought it might’ve been something like “wasn’t a goal scoring opportunity” or the likes.

I HATE the handball calls like Canada got yesterday, but if you’re gonna give them at least be consistent with clear criteria.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Thought it might’ve been something like “wasn’t a goal scoring opportunity” or the likes.

I HATE the handball calls like Canada got yesterday, but if you’re gonna give them at least be consistent with clear criteria.
Same as in grabbing / hugging in the box. There's no criteria, depends on the teams playing I guess

massi83

Why is that not a penalty? Genuine question.
I guess it would be different if it was a shot at goal or something similar, now that it just comes up from the air it is maybe judged differently.

Whatever the reason anybody following football should celebrate that it wasn't.

facchiano

There's a big disconnect with Cameroonian midfield and defence. Onana is keeping the high line the correct way but there's absolutely no leader in defence and/or midfield to help him out with that.

Kaos

Quality of games since yesterday have been awful. Unless you count Spain's one sided abuse of Costa Rica an entertaining spectacle.

JuriM

What is wrong with this Cameroon side? Looks like they just came from week long bender or gym session with bodybuilders. So stiff and depleted.

massi83

Quality of games since yesterday have been awful. Unless you count Spain's one sided abuse of Costa Rica an entertaining spectacle.
What was wrong with Ger-Jap or even Bel-Can?

massi83

15 WC games in a row for Cameroon with 0 or 1 goals scored. Exciting and attacking African team