Day 6: Brazil vs. Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hausen

Have a feeling that if Mexico goes in with a strong mind-set can get a draw or possibly a win out of this. Mexico is one of the sides in the world that has beaten Brazil on multiple occasions and understands exactly how they play. This brazil team is very similar to their Olympic final team which Mexico defeated in 2012. Even Brazilian players (Dani alves) said Mexico is the team they're most nervous of playing in the group.

I expect a very close and intense match!

jimorrison

going to be one hell of a match. hopefully the turkish ref doesn't ruin the match or the weather.

Eila

Cuneyt Cakir is the ref. BLATTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!

RedRedWineOT

Brazil 2 - 1 Mexico. I expect Brazil to know their opponent much better than the first game. I just hope that too much diving and play acting from both teams don't ruin the game. Very talented players on both sides - should be a cracker. Both would want to avoid the Dutch in round 2.

Eila

Last 5 results:
Brazil 2-0 Mexico Confed cup 2013
Mexico 2-0 Brazil 2012 friendly
Mexico 1-2 Brazil 2011 friendly
Brazil 3-1 Mexico 2007 friendly
Mexico 2-0 Brazil Copa america 2007
Decided to not include the Olympic final since that's an u-23 + 3 competition, though most of the olympic team from Brazil will play this match. The 6th match was also won by Mexico 1-0 in the Confederations cup 2005. Sorry, feel like helping Mexico somehow.

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
Comfortable win for Brazil. I still expect the ref to make the headlines and Neymar to get away with some cnut shit.

Fenomeno9

Mexico always makes it tough for Brazil, but also historically our 2nd game of the World Cup are much better than the first.

Early reports state Hulk might miss out Ramires might replace him.

Fenomeno9

Like I said before Hulk has the same role that Park Ji Sung had during Manchester United 07/08 season.

Get In Scholesy

This game is making me nervous, Mexico usually do vey well against us. Accompanied with that first performance.. I don't want to think of the potential outcome of the match.

Mozart

I can see the first tie in this game. Mexico always makes it hard for Brasil, I wouldn't be surprised to see some dodgy decisions by the ref here.

Eila

Has the potential to be the best game yet, very excited for this one!

Mexico is the sort of team that can cause Brasil problems, I think.
Hopefully it's the case. Mexico's defense is weaker than usual, though. Neymar could be a nightmare.

Devil may care

It's strange that this 2nd round game is being played before the final first round game.

I expect Brazil to win, Neymar got off to a good start by getting two goals to ease the pressure and I can see him turning it on here.

doodle

very weird that brazil are already playing their 2nd game and russia and south korea have not even play a game yet

jesco

Chicharito hasn't scored for Mexico since June 22nd, 2013. I'm hoping he'll end his dry spell by coming off the bench to score the winner.

Stalin

I expect Brazil to win this one comfortably with another 3-1 scoreline.

Stocar

Brazil to take this comfortably. Ths is completley different game than one in the Olympics.

I expect Mexico too look nice and fluid in early stages, maybe nick a goal, but eventually fall apart. Brazil has too much raw power and quality for shaky Mexico defence.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Going with a 3-1 win for Brazil. I'm expecting Brazil to not be as cagey as they were in the first match and play with more freedom. Mexico are a decent side though and I reckon they'll crack Brazil's defense at some point in the game.

Spielmacher

I think it'll be the same as the last game, they'll start with Peralta. The manager has lost some faith in Chicca, lack of games at United has hurt him
Sadly, yeah. He just didn't show enough over the season, didn't get enough chances too of course.

Still hope he comes off the bench as against Cameroon, maybe a little earlier.

Zak Smith

The mexico defence looks very suspect, especially against set pieces and corners. I expect Neymar to at bag a goal and an assist from this game.

Drifter

American
Not going to be easy.Mexico always gives them a hard time. 2-1 Brazil.

Darkziro

I think it'll be the same as the last game, they'll start with Peralta. The manager has lost some faith in Chicca, lack of games at United has hurt him
:( feel sorry for the guy, he should be their star man not a super sub, to be fair I know nothing of Peralta maybe he is good but this is the little pea with one of the best goal ratios in the premier league! I hope he scores as a sub so at least he can start the last match. Being benched constantly will affect anyone's self believe.

I watched Mexico at the confed and they were awful to watch at times, seem to lack final ball like so many teams in this tournament. I found the game against Cameroon pretty dull too so not expecting much from this match. Perhaps a bit of huff and puff from Mexico before Neymar scores a double deflected 20 yarder and Brazil go on to walk a 3-0 win.

Cantonarightboot

:( feel sorry for the guy, he should be their star man not a super sub, to be fair I know nothing of Peralta maybe he is good but this is the little pea with one of the best goal ratios in the premier league! I hope he scores as a sub so at least he can start the last match. Being benched constantly will affect anyone's self believe.

I watched Mexico at the confed and they were awful to watch at times, seem to lack final ball like so many teams in this tournament. I found the game against Cameroon pretty dull too so not expecting much from this match. Perhaps a bit of huff and puff from Mexico before Neymar scores a double deflected 20 yarder and Brazil go on to walk a 3-0 win.

His confidence looks completely shot though! I'm torn on the guy tbh, while his goal ratio is fantastic, other aspects of his game are weak compared to other forwards. The argument / debate has been done million times on here from what I can see.

Peralta looked sharp in the first game, I've backed him to score again today!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.