Day 6: Finland vs Russia | Turkey vs Wales | Italy vs Switzerland

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Turkey have been abysmal in this tournament. I expected a much better showing than this and actually had a small punt on them winning the whole thing out. Two shocking performances thus far.

Dobba

That Turkish "defending" for the corners, holy shit. The first time was bad enough, but to do it again seconds after Lord Farquaad lost his mind about the first wasn't even Sunday League standard.

Abraxas

Thought Wales were excellent. All the key players showed up and a decent shape to them. Created plenty of chances.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Finally! Great effort by the players.

A bit worried the players are going to be knackered, though, with barely any changes in two games.
Just take the L against Italy, you're virtually guaranteed to be through now.

MU655

Is he? Barely did feck all at Spurs. Having a great game once in a blue moon doesn't make a player world class.
Doesn't he have the lowest minutes per goal in the Premier League (I think it is 1 goal per 80 minutes)? 11 in 20 is a great record in the end.

If that isn't doing much, I guess it just shows how high the standards are for him based on his history.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Sometimes I wonder how good Bale could have been if he had cared enough throughout his career. I don't hold it against him in any way. But I can't help but wonder. Could have been like Robben.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Turkey are horrendous. I'm sure I seen somebody on here predict them to win the tournament. :lol:

Bole Top

dark horse :lol: they're closer to Israel or Greece. slow, spent, zero creativity, technical level similar to Southampton.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Robbie Savage is such a bellend.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Turkey have been abysmal in this tournament. I expected a much better showing than this and actually had a small punt on them winning the whole thing out. Two shocking performances thus far.
I had Yilmaz in my fantasy team and expected around 4 goals. You’re a much braver man than me.

TrustInOle

Go on Wales! Bale in the last couple of minutes was having absolutely none of it, sensational stuff from him and he whole team!

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Is he? Barely did feck all at Spurs. Having a great game once in a blue moon doesn't make a player world class.
He’s definitely well past his peak, but he has refined his passing game and he’s learning how to make an impact on the game without having to rely on his sadly long gone world class physicality.

I think Wales suits him because there are a lot of players who while not technically excellent or playing at the highest level, will run for 90 minutes and do all the dirty work required, it’s a really honest group. Add a couple players with quality like Ramsey and someone like James who suits the Welsh set up he can still contribute.

I think the time for him at the top in domestic football has come to an end, not just because of his physical decline and the struggle of playing a full season, but I think mentally he’s in a place where he doesn’t need it anymore. I think he’s going to enjoy the Euros, then go to a weaker league to end his career.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Savage at the end was hilarious. I predict he's already out of the stadium and is streaking through Baku.
The Welsh team could sacrifice a child in the center circle before the game and he’d be saying what incredible ambition the lads are showing.