Dayot Upamecano | Signs for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibbs

I think offering around 40/45 m plus Tuanzebe will do the trick for him. It will be a win win for both parties, we will get an instant first XI starter potentially world class defender and Leipzig will get a young English defender who they can sell for 50 million plus in future.

Get young talent

I think offering around 40/45 m plus Tuanzebe will do the trick for him. It will be a win win for both parties, we will get an instant first XI starter potentially world class defender and Leipzig will get a young English defender who they can sell for 50 million plus in future.
I thinks that offering Smalling + 25 millions will do the trick, now.
We need him alongside Maguire now.

SinNombre

Teams like Leipzig like young assets that they can make future profits on.

I agree with the sentiment that if we offer the old €52m release clause + Tuanzebe, they will consider it.

Zero chance they'll take Smalling or less money.

croadyman

Teams like Leipzig like young assets that they can make future profits on.

I agree with the sentiment that if we offer the old €52m release clause + Tuanzebe, they will consider it.

Zero chance they'll take Smalling or less money.
Yeah that kind of offer will be the best hope of getting him

E-mal

Let's just sign him and we can leave him on loan till next season if they insist.

Silverman

Why do people seem so open to the idea of letting Tuanzebe leave? I know there is an injury record there but surely too soon to be getting rid of him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Let's be honest, in a few years time he will sign for Bayern. Dreaming about Dayot is like dreaming about Ana de Armas: it ain't happening.

Foxbatt

He will sign for another club because United doesn't make a case for him to sign. First you need to convince the player. Only the manager can do that. Not Woodward as it will be a disaster.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Let's be honest, in a few years time he will sign for Bayern. Dreaming about Dayot is like dreaming about Ana de Armas: it ain't happening.
How’s that? A lot of top prospects in Germany don’t stay there when England or Spain come calling.

E-mal

How good is he? Gullit thinks United should buy him..
Gullit knows his footie.
It's apparent to everyone he had be perfect for us. Why are we dithering?
Sell Smalling and get him and stop this fetish with left footers.

Foxbatt

Of course Gullit knows football. He was one time the world's best player. Can play in any position and Cruijff's favorite nephew in law so obviously they did talk a lot on football.
But is this guy that good?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Any video available of his performance? Seems to have a lot of fans convinced.

Bondi77

Its sad to see we almost had him 3 years back but move only failed as we didnt want to spend extra 200K on his family accommodation
Why would we??
I can't imagine his mum and dad putting on a pair of boots and putting a shift in!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's faced harder matches in the German Bundesliga than the one against Atleti.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
Heard Andy Brassell say on the The Football Ramble that Upamecano might not even be the best CB at RB Leipzig with Ibrahima Konaté in the squad.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Which clubs are rumoured to be seriously interested in this window?
It did look as if he was Bayern bound but Bayern wouldn't pay the asking price and instead Bayern signed PSGs Kouassi on a free. It remains to be seen if they revisit this chase next season but that will probably depend on how Kouassi settles.

Arsenal were also linked.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Heard Andy Brassell say on the The Football Ramble that Upamecano might not even be the best CB at RB Leipzig with Ibrahima Konaté in the squad.
I've been watching Leipzig for the last two seasons and I completely agree with him.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It did look as if he was Bayern bound but Bayern wouldn't pay the asking price and instead Bayern signed PSGs Kouassi on a free. It remains to be seen if they revisit this chase next season but that will probably depend on how Kouassi settles.
Arsenal were also linked.
Thanks. So zero links with us. :(

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Thanks. So zero links with us. :(
I think our priorities lie elsewhere in this window. A significant upgrade for the RW is of much higher priority and will eat away at most of our budget so it suits us that Upamecano and Konate both stay at Leipzig for the new season.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I think our priorities lie elsewhere in this window. A significant upgrade for the RW is of much higher priority and will eat away at most of our budget so it suits us that Upamecano and Konate both stay at Leipzig for the new season.
Could Tuanzebe develop into our version of Upamecano, if he can stay fit and get 25 odd games next year?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Could Tuanzebe develop into our version of Upamecano, if he can stay fit and get 25 odd games next year?
Tuanzebe could develop into a very good player but unfortunately can't stay fit. He's a very good ball player but from what I've seen Upamecano is considerably ahead in his development.

Upamecano has also made a number of errors in the league too, so will require patience if we signed him. And if you had seen those errors then I believe he'd be going on your hipster CB list.

But having said that he's a very promising young CB that will be a asset for any team that signs him IMO.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Tuanzebe could develop into a very good player but unfortunately can't stay fit. He's a very good ball player but from what I've seen Upamecano is considerably ahead in his development.
Upamecano has also made a number of errors in the league too, so will require patience if we signed him. And if you had seen those errors then I believe he'd be going on your hipster CB list.
But having said that he's a very promising young CB that will be a asset for any team that signs him IMO.
I really seemed to have kicked a hornets nest with that thread :lol: :lol:
Generally speaking you and @Samid are on point about upcoming or less known players, so I'm always interested in reading your observations.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I really seemed to have kicked a hornets nest with that thread :lol: :lol:
Generally speaking you and @Samid are on point about upcoming or less known players, so I'm always interested in reading your observations.
That thread was a great read tbf..

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We almost signed him years ago. If he's developing into a top CB as everyone is suggesting, this seems to be a no brainer.

yo@Kirk

Dayot usually played left CB in a back 4 when I watched Leipzig before the virus. He'd be the perfect partner for Maguire in a 4 man backline, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.