DDG new contract offer. Confirmed by Mourinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 5225

Mourinho: “Obviously we are going to try (renew De Gea contract). Mr Woodward is not on holiday. He barely has holidays. Of course he’s going to try to give him a contract that keeps him here for much longer than that option that of course we are going to execute.”

Mourinho: “I just trust the board and the work they do. I don’t negotiate players, I don’t discuss numbers and contracts. I just say what is obvious. Anyone of you would say the same - David [De Gea] is to keep.”

edit: story with quotes: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...dy-offer-david-11851008?service=responsive&5=

further edit:

Last edited by a moderator:

Raw

Sanchez arriving and De Gea signing a new contract on the same day, that'd be nice.

PeteManic

There is a reason he is in Manchester and not Madrid or Barcelona and it’s not the weather.

Only world class player we’ve had in the last 10 years.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Seems like his long-term future is at United now, with Pickford costing £25m + £5m add-ons and Ederson £35m recently, you have to imagine that the world's best GK with a deal til 2020 is at least £50m+ and I'm not sure Real are prepared to spend that money on a 'keeper when they obviously have more glaring issues to fix right now (such as an ageing, declining front 3).

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He deserves £300k if that's the rumoured amount. Best in the world in his position and it happens to be utilised for Man Utd. Chuffed if he signs.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
There is a reason he is in Manchester and not Madrid or Barcelona and it’s not the weather.

Only world class player we’ve had in the last 10 years.
Ronaldo? Rooney? Pogba? RvP? Di Maria (not that he necessarily counts)?

Revan

Assumptionman
Rumours that in region of £300,000 per week! :eek:
He is our best player, in my opinion. So, if Sanchez can get 400k/week, and Pogba can get 250-300k/week, it is hardly outrageous to give to De Gea 300k.

Also, it would most likely put Madrid out of the game for him forever.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Should be one of the top earners in world football. He’s utterly unbelievable. Best in the world and by some distance and only 27.

ParkLife

As exciting as the Sanchez signing would be, this would make me about ten times happier. The man is completely irreplaceable.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Need to get this done ASAP, especially as I read Real's deal to sign Kepa hs fallen through

ash_86

Keeping top players at the club is equal to a brand new signing. THe player performs better and becomes a part of a long term plan. DDG easily saves us 6-9 pts a season and deserves the raise.

PoTMS

Hand him a blank cheque. How much would this man be worth in the transfer window if we were to sell him? Easily £100m, I reckon.

fergosaurus

Another money grabber. He should take a pay cut and go to a financially moral club like City.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Good!! Absolutely vital we keep him & he deserves whatever salary we have to pay. Best in the world.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Rumours that in region of £300,000 per week! :eek:
Deserves every penny. He stayed with us during our difficult period and never created a buzz to leave.

Yes i remember the fax story but he could still have come back and said he needs to leave in January instead he signed a new contract.

0le

Our most important player post Fergie. Absolutely fantastic news if he signs.

SpyLuke10

At least 50 million pounds? More like at least 100 million pounds. If we lost De Gea for 50 million pounds that would be us getting shafted in the current market.

Status
Not open for further replies.