De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
So glad about that Ronaldo goal. The White Virus won't buy him now.

Phil

V Italy in the Euros De Gea made a load of saves to keep them in it.

They didn't create one clear cut chance the whole game.

Fans have a really short memory.
feck them. The more criticism he gets in their daily tabloids the better for United.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I remember when Beckham got sent off against Argentina. Fergie phoned him same day, told him to get back to Manchester ASAP and we'd look after him. Same with Ronaldo after the Rooney thing. We'll do the same for Dave when he gets back.
Agreed, there will be no mention of it when he comes back.

El Pasillo

Agreed. IMO he's already our best and I watched all the Schmeichel and Van Der Sar years.

To say because he didn't win a CL for me is just being too picky. So is Zico not better than inferior Brazilian players who won the WC? Is Fat Ronaldo inferior to Benzema because he never won a CL?
Are you aware that Benzema is 4th joint highest UCL top scorer ever with a better ratio tha likes of Henry, Zlatan, Raúl and other legends.

A competition that's considered to be pinnacle of the game since the very best European teams are concentrated.

Benzema (as most forwards) is definitely a better player than a post ACL-injured R9 who never looked the same after that night vs Lazio.

Last edited:

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I can see why some of us here are happy about that error.

But I feel gutted for him, I really do. He is definitely in the top three in the world right now and I was hoping he could prove it on the international stage, too. He deserves some limelight outside England, he deserves the world to stand up and notice and value him, and he deserves to be higher on that Balon D'or list year after year. I hope he pulls off some of his usual blinders to atone for that mistake in the next few games.

CG1010

But I feel gutted for him, I really do. He is definitely in the top three in the world right now and I was hoping he could prove it on the international stage, too. He deserves some limelight outside England, he deserves the world to stand up and notice and value him, and he deserves to be higher on that Balon D'or list year after year. I hope he pulls off some of his usual blinders to atone for that mistake in the next few games.
This.

I hope he is saving all that for the knockouts. Maybe he has an Arsenal game like blinder in the final!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
That haircut invites bad luck in Spain, just look at Gareth Bale.
But They really are a stuck up bunch, a big chuck of Spain supporters are Madrid supporters. Now that you've learned your lesson, don't ever join Madrid, Dave. :drool:

cathari

So is anyone else reporting that he has signed a new deal yet?
No, but Luckhurst was days ahead of everyone on Fred as well, so some credibility has to given to him (even if his history the past few years does not grant him the status of some user on twitter..).

AKDevil

Are you aware that Benzema is 4th joint highest UCL top scorer ever with a better ratio tha likes of Henry, Zlatan, Raúl and other legends.

A competition that's considered to be pinnacle of the game since the very best European teams are concentrated.

Benzema (as most forwards) is definitely a better player than a post ACL-injured R9 who never looked the same after that night vs Lazio.
All opinions of course but doubt you’ll find many people who say Benzema is better than R9 regardless of stats.

El Pasillo

So you are saying Benzema (and most other forwards) is better than the R9 of 2000-2005? :nervous:
Yeah, how's that controversial at all lol?

All opinions of course but doubt you’ll find many people who say Benzema is better than R9 regardless of stats.
Because Benzema is very underrated...

But if you're talking about a comparision between Benz and prime R9, then the Brazilian is definitely a better player.

Trizy

Yeah, how's that controversial at all lol?

Because Benzema is very underrated...

But if you're talking about a comparision between Benz and prime R9, then the Brazilian is definitely a better player.
Hasn't Benzema been shit for the past 2 years though? Read comments from Madrid fans saying he must have some dark secrets on Zidane as he keeps starting him.

James_42

No, but Luckhurst was days ahead of everyone on Fred as well, so some credibility has to given to him (even if his history the past few years does not grant him the status of some user on twitter..).
Fair enough, I feel like with all this talk of the criticism he is getting from the Spanish press then the renewal should easily get done.

It must give him a glimpse of what might happen if he were to ever join Madrid and make a have a bad game.

El Pasillo

Hasn't Benzema been shit for the past 2 years though? Read comments from Madrid fans saying he must have some dark secrets on Zidane as he keeps starting him.
Not really. Benzema is still great and being a key player for Madrid's success during the period. Only his low goalscoring production in LaLiga this has been critizied, although Benzema also contributed 10 LaLiga assists and created most goals per 90 alongside with Messi & Dembele. Things that's overlooked. Zidane (as well as Mourinho, Ancelotti & Benitez have done in the past) starts with Benzema due to merit. Some Madridistas here are biased towards him, so I'd take their word with a grin of salt.

AgentP

This mistake pretty much makes sure that De Gea stays at United. He definitely feels more appreciated and loved at United and he knows that he won't get the same at Madrid.

AgentP

Unfortunately it will only postpone the situation. They'll sign this Allison bloke and in about 3 seasons time they'll come back in for Dave.
I don't think so. In 3 years, he will be 30. Though that's still young for a keeper, Madrid will surely move their attention to a new keeper who is much younger.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
He's fecking shit for us. We need to start Kepa, I'm not even kidding.
Tough one. He really looks nervous as feck for the national team and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets replaced.

On the other hand, go with him and he might get his confidence back and with that ability to win you matches in the knock-out stages when one or two moments can decide.

Tibs

Being honest, I'm glad he messed up for the goal...another mistake or two and it'll remove him from Madrid's sights for a couple of seasons

El Zoido

I firmly believe he doesn’t want to go to Madrid. The Spanish NT fans give him hell and he knows he’ll get the same at Real Madrid.

AndyJ1985

Being honest, I'm glad he messed up for the goal...another mistake or two and it'll remove him from Madrid's sights for a couple of seasons
They've wanted him for years and not been able to get him, so we don't need him to make mistakes just to put them off.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
1st world cup game, just watch how he performs from here on in. Some fans are so fickle. He'll start producing God like performances as per Dave.

Ventura

DDG could have been a Real Madrid player seasons ago if he really wanted to. I'm thinking the "support" environment in Spain and particularly RM is one of the main reasons he hasn't pushed for a move (or left for free like I'm pretty sure Real Madrid were angling for).

Dante

Average bang
The great thing about Madrid is that they often decide their transfer strategy based on World/European Cups. James and Drenthe are testament to that.

If De Gea keeps this up, he'll be United for life.

JK-27

I don't think one game will decide if Madrid do or don't buy him. I hope De God has signed a new contract but that doesn't remove any speculation about Madrid wanting him or not, all it means is we're in a much stronger position when it comes to setting the asking price should Madrid want to buy him.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers

exactly my feeling... but I him for him and Spain it is important he made the mistake in a non game like this than knock out stages. He will make up for it I am sure... Just feels weird cuz dave doesn't make mistakes at all. the most consistent goalie in the world. First howler in about 3 years, actually never saw him do a mistake like this but it happens, at least it wasn't in the champions league final but it will be tougher to win argument with anyone that he's the best keeper in the world now

Status
Not open for further replies.