De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
People are so weirdly happy to let our best players go. Reminds me of when people say we don’t need to buy because you don’t need a world class player in every position, as if we’re inundated with them. We’re knocking on the door of a fully midtable team here. Baffling.

billybee99

Its years of excellence though.
We've been trying to press out a bit more this year which means we're not really defending for 90 minutes in a low block which forces the opposition to shoot from further out that feeds right into Davids reflex saves.
Now they're working the ball closer to goal which means David has more decisions to make and I really think it confuses him. My abiding memory so far is of David not even attempting to save shots. Just standing there flat footed as the ball sails past him.
I'm not saying he could save any of them but David in the past made ridiculous saves by diving for shots that logic said were impossible to get to.
Where the hell did this myth originate that we are now a pressing team. Sorry Jose fans but I don't see it. Jose says it once in a presser (to deflect from his dinosaur methods) and now everyone quotes it like gospel. I must be watching a different game because what I see is the same setup as always under Jose but we keep conceding early goals and end up having to come out of our shell to try and equalize. Other than that, it is business as usual from the Portuguese Pulis.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I cannot fathom why he would stay unless we are offering a +25% premium in wages than anyone else.

cyberman

Where the hell did this myth originate that we are now a pressing team. Sorry Jose fans but I don't see it. Jose says it once in a presser (to deflect from his dinosaur methods) and now everyone quotes it like gospel. I must be watching a different game because what I see is the same setup as always under Jose but we keep conceding early goals and end up having to come out of our shell to try and equalize. Other than that, it is business as usual from the Portuguese Pulis.
We're pressing a bit more, we just are.
Doesn't mean we're good at it nor does it mean I'm a Jose fan so keep that shit out of it.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We've had players down the years that despite their godly performances for us have been at the club during baron spells and the side has gone on to do better once they've gone, you can't help whether some witchcraft is at work and we'll magically become BITW should we let De Gea leave....

Only joking sign him up at all costs

SirAF

Ageist
Sounds somewhat positive, I'll take that. He would be a massive, massive loss. We need to give him whatever he wants and then some
Yup. Sounds a lot more optimistic that the last quote on de Gea, so I’ll interpret that as there has been some progress.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I've just watched the quote and Jose goes as far as saying De Gea wants to stay

VJ1762

He is a real life Monkey D Luffy.

And some are suggesting to replace him with pickford. :lol::lol::lol:

arthurka

People are so weirdly happy to let our best players go. Reminds me of when people say we don’t need to buy because you don’t need a world class player in every position, as if we’re inundated with them. We’re knocking on the door of a fully midtable team here. Baffling.
Fully agree, its crazy.

Jericholyte2

That’s exactly what José was on about in the post match press conference, now “knowing” he wants to stay, that he’s the best in the world but that we need others who are the best in their position(s).

Decomposing In Paris

Encouraging... but you really get a sense that we need to match De Gea's ambition. I wouldn't be surprised if the club extended his contract by that further year, so he can see if we really want to compete before committing longer-term.

fellaini's barber

Id sell DDG tomorrow for Oblak.
Reflex keepers seem to regress overnight. Its really worrying that Davids super reflex saves are happening less and less often. Especially at his age.
Meh, it's fine margins. Last season was an anomaly. If we stop giving away so many clear cut chances, opposition will score less goals.
Its years of excellence though.
We've been trying to press out a bit more this year which means we're not really defending for 90 minutes in a low block which forces the opposition to shoot from further out that feeds right into Davids reflex saves.
Now they're working the ball closer to goal which means David has more decisions to make and I really think it confuses him. My abiding memory so far is of David not even attempting to save shots. Just standing there flat footed as the ball sails past him.
I'm not saying he could save any of them but David in the past made ridiculous saves by diving for shots that logic said were impossible to get to.
We're pressing a bit more, we just are.
Doesn't mean we're good at it nor does it mean I'm a Jose fan so keep that shit out of it.
Came into this thread for the first time and...what utter bollocks is all this? What's with you Jose guys with shitting on our players whenever it looks like they might want to leave or have issues with Jose? 'He's shit anyway,no great loss,Perisic/Oblak,Pickford will do just fine' etc. fecking weirdos you lot

fellaini's barber

Look closely, it's always the Jose in crowd. Whenever there's speculation that one of our better players might be leaving they come all out with character assasination of the player. All of a sudden he'll have his attitude questioned or in this case just claim he's not that good anyway. Happened with Pogba and Martial too

cyberman

Came into this thread for the first time and...what utter bollocks is all this? What's with you Jose guys with shitting on our players whenever it looks like they might want to leave or have issues with Jose? 'He's shit anyway,no great loss,Perisic/Oblak,Pickford will do just fine' etc. fecking weirdos you lot
Nice of you to wander into the thread after his wonder save last night.
I wonder why you never felt the need to browse this thread before then..
And Oblak is a better keeper!

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Poor, broken soul. Guy clearly doesn't know what's good for him :yawn:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Probably cause of the idiotic comments he mentioned above.

fellaini's barber

Nah,came into the thread because of the thread title about him wanting to stay, only to see you had already begun the usual crap you do whenever there's speculation a player wants to leave your master Jose. Everyone out there is better than everyone in here with you lot. If we signed Oblak and in a few years it looks like he was sick of playing for Jose you'd call him shit and say someone else is better too so carry on

Decomposing In Paris

I don't think Oblak is better, and to be honest, if DDG wants to be here, I don't care either. Dave's had a few human moments, but anyone having a go at him needs to check themselves. That's the thing with Superman, everyone talks about the kryptonite.

cyberman

Nah,came into the thread because of the thread title about him wanting to stay, only to see you had already begun the usual crap you do whenever there's speculation a player wants to leave your master Jose. Everyone out there is better than everyone in here with you lot. If we signed Oblak and in a few years it looks like he was sick of playing for Jose you'd call him shit and say someone else is better too so carry on
Keep your Jose obsession out of your replies to me in future. It kills discussion and is a cancer to this forum.
Thank you.
I even think David is staying at Utd so how does that play into your strawman rant?

Mainoldo

Of course he’s going to stay. Where else is there to go that’s a step up in club quality. We just need to start matching his ambitions. We’re lucky Real got Courtios.

Status
Not open for further replies.