De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
We definitely need to close this new contract with DDG and keep him with us.

He has become a fundamental part of our team and we just can't let him go.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
Worth it. That would be about £350k/week.

And we wouldn't have to spunk £50M+ on replacing him.

Good deal Woodie. Get it done.

davidmichael

Worth it. That would be about £350k/week.

And we wouldn't have to spunk £50M+ on replacing him.

Good deal Woodie. Get it done.
Look at what Liverpool and Chelsea has to pay to get a keeper that’s not as good as De Gea, we’d have to pay £100 million to sign Oblak who’s probably the next best after De Gea then wages of £150-£250K a week which is far more than paying De Gea (who’s also the best keeper in the world) £350K a week over the next 5-6 years so it’s a no brainer.

deadrevelz

Was getting worried at the lack of news coming out. It would be gutting if we finally get our club back on track and De Gea decided this was the time to leave. Don't care about the wages, he is our best experienced player and has been here for 8 years. His contract should reflect this.

Number4.

I think it's simple - contract T&C's etc all agreed. Top 4 finish he signs, if not he explores his options

KennyBurner

How can a goalie be on 350k per week when we need a rebuilding job? How do we always end up in these situations. I love de gea to death but there’s just something off about these figures especially considering he’s a goalkeeper.

Tiber

How can a goalie be on 350k per week when we need a rebuilding job? How do we always end up in these situations. I love de gea to death but there’s just something off about these figures especially considering he’s a goalkeeper.
Strange how many points he has single handedly won us despite being 'just a goalkeeper'

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Of all the ridiculous salaries and extensions we’ve handed out in recent years, this is not the one to take issue with.

SirAF

Ageist
He’s going down as a GOAT goalkeeper, signing him for his prime is priceless.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
De Gea is as valuable as a striker when it comes to winning points. He is a unique goalkeeper in that his freakish shot stopping wins that many points.

RedDevil@84

If we had a great team I wouldn’t have a problem.
You are assuming that the money we save by letting De Gea go will be better utilized elsewhere and it will drastically improve our team in a way that we would not need another De Gea to be our keeper.

Trizy

To be fair he is a match winner. That's how wages are usually calculated, the more goals you score the more money you get because goals win games. Saving an impossible shot also wins games.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If we had a great team I wouldn’t have a problem.
I don’t get why you have a problem now?

If the problem is that we don’t have enough great players, the solution to that is not to sell the only one you do have.

KennyBurner

You are assuming that the money we save by letting De Gea go will be better utilized elsewhere and it will drastically improve our team in a way that we would not need another De Gea to be our keeper.
We just need to get lukaku and Sanchez off because our wage bill is going to be so high if these deal goes through. Lukaku on 250 and Sanchez on 315 now dea gea on 350..wow.

KennyBurner

But this is what makes a great team, signing the great players to new contracts...
I didn’t say I want to let go of de gea, I’m just saying can’t we do it some other way we’re we pay a signing bonus and give him like 200k so that there is space for other future stars. The wage bill is going through the roof if this deal goes through.

Better yet we can do it the city way and pay him off the books.

Judas

Open to offers
Getting rid of one of our prize assets because you're worried about the wage bill is oddly backwards. De Gea may not be the best with the ball at his feet, but we're not getting anyone better for anything less than a stupid stupid fee for a goalkeeper. It's a no brainer to keep him at the club as long as humanly possible.

RedTiger

Half mast
He's been our best player for close to 5 years now. The best player regardless of position should be on the best wages. If anyone else wants to join us on better wages they need to demonstrate that their contribution to our success will be more than DDGs.

AndyJ1985

Because he's been our most important player for years and yet we're paying Sanchez significantly more. I know if my company hired someone who was worse than me but they were earning more I'd be pissed off

Toad

I didn’t say I want to let go of de gea, I’m just saying can’t we do it some other way we’re we pay a signing bonus and give him like 200k so that there is space for other future stars. The wage bill is going through the roof if this deal goes through.

Better yet we can do it the city way and pay him off the books.
£90 for 5 season is absolutely feck all for the amount of points he brings to the team. £150m over 5 years and I wouldn;t give a shit to be fair.

Kostov

Blasphemy! Somebody ban this guy!

Give De Gea whatever he wants, my heart can’t take losing him while we are in this fecking mess.

Anustart89

Considering that he's already on a reported £200k/w deal it's an additional outlay of £150k/w which is roughly £40m over five years. Buying an inferior goalkeeper, who would presumably be on similar wages to de Gea's current, would cost us a minimum of £75m considering what other keepers brought into the league have cost. In terms of on-pitch performance and financially, it's an absolute no-brainer.

Revan

Assumptionman
Considering that he's already on a reported £200k/w deal it's an additional outlay of £150k/w which is roughly £40m over five years. Buying an inferior goalkeeper, who would presumably be on similar wages to de Gea's current, would cost us a minimum of £75m considering what other keepers brought into the league have cost. In terms of on-pitch performance and financially, it's an absolute no-brainer.
Well, you have to subtract from the equation the money we would get from De Gea's sale, but in principle you are right. Do not see how any other solution bar extending his contract is the right one.

lysglimt

Scout
So in your mind - the start of a good rebuilding job is letting him go cheaply (because of his contract), get a much worse goalkeeper for almost twice the amount - and save … say .. £150.000 a week in wages?

Lets for sake of argument say we sell him for £30 million and buy a new goalkeeper for £50 million. We will get a worse goalkeeper and over a 5 year period we will save a total of £25 million because of his lower wages.

In what world is that good ?

Eric's Seagull

Personally I would pay him whatever he wants to stay at the club.
I think that if someone has been here for years and performs well then they deserve mega wages. I think he is well worth being our top paid player.

KennyBurner

So in your mind - the start of a good rebuilding job is letting him go cheaply (because of his contract), get a much worse goalkeeper for almost twice the amount - and save … say .. £150.000 a week in wages?

Lets for sake of argument say we sell him for £30 million and buy a new goalkeeper for £50 million. We will get a worse goalkeeper and over a 5 year period we will save a total of £25 million because of his lower wages.

In what world is that good ?
if you take a moment to read further down the thread you will realize I don't actually want him gone. How did you even come to that conclusion just because I said 350k for a goalie is insane which it actually is?

RedDevil@84

if you take a moment to read further down the thread you will realize I don't actually want him gone. How did you even come to that conclusion just because I said 350k for a goalie is insane which it actually is?
Because if we don't pay him whatever he wants (maybe 350k or maybe 300k), he will leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.