Height: 188cm
Position: Goalkeeper
Foot: Right
Player Agent: ICM Stellar Sports
Contract expires: Jun 30, 2025
Contract Option: Option for a further year
Date of Last Contract Extension: Aug 25, 2020​

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Not for me

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Already is. Doesn't mean anything regarding his future though.
No course not. I was just interested. I’m assuming considering how highly we are reportedly prioritising a new keeper and Henderson past outspokenness on being on the bench we are at least trying to sell him and Ten Hag has zero intention of trying him as the number 1.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
It’s pretty much common knowledge down here that Henderson has bought a house in Notts. We’re just waiting for you lot to stop tittling around and get it done.

Ace of Spades

It’s pretty much common knowledge down here that Henderson has bought a house in Notts. We’re just waiting for you lot to stop tittling around and get it done.
Have you put in a bid, not sure we can do anything before that.

Schnappo

If this is true, it blows my mind that City can sell a goalkeeper that has never even got onto the bench for a single PL game for £19m.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

If this is true, it blows my mind that City can sell a goalkeeper that has never even got onto the bench for a single PL game for £19m.
Coming off the back of a long injury and after having quite publicly fallen out with his club, as well as being on high wages, I'd say £20m isn't too bad. But yes in hindsight we should have flogged him after that Sheffield loan move when Chelsea were reported to be willing to pay £30-40m.

Real Name

It's City, Burnley bought him whose manager is Kompany. Nothing dodgy about that deal whatsoever.

Dan_F

He had a really good 18 month loan, has just won the u21 Euros without conceding a goal, and is a modern style keeper. Also It’s £15 million plus add ons.

Henderson is a 26 year old who is clearly now never going to be top level, is paid like he is, and isn’t wanted by his parent club. Had we sold him after his Sheffield United loan we might have got £40 million.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

swissgenius

Yes a talented keeper who is considered one of the best at his age is worth more. You can't just add up the amount of PL games to value a player..

Also, people always forget about wages.
It's basically impossible to sell players for high fees if they get paid like royals here.
1. receiving club can't pay the same salary so the player is less interested.
2. receiving club has to go over his usual wage structure to get the player. Makes him worth less in fees.
3. selling club (united) wants to get rid of him because of the high annual costs, gives us a worse position in debating the fee.

Same goes for Telles and many others.

Bwuk

Happy enough with that fee.

He was never going to feature for us after his comments before.

We’ve managed to recoup half the Onana fee.

quadrant

£20M is basically fine, but its a lesson in how poor our decision making has been over the years, especially under Woodward. The rumourmill was suggesting figures far higher than £20M back after his strong loan spell with Sheffield United. Players often have a premium moment, and that was his.

Getting him to sign a big new contract then benching and loaning him for two seasons before selling him anyway has probably cost us £20M in the reduced transfer fee and salary payments. Never mind the hassle he's caused.

Happy that we seem a lot more decisive under ETH & co these days.

Schnappo

He had a really good 18 month loan, has just won the u21 Euros without conceding a goal, and is a modern style keeper. Also It’s £15 million plus add ons.

Henderson is a 26 year old who is clearly now never going to be top level, is paid like he is, and isn’t wanted by his parent club. Had we sold him after his Sheffield United loan we might have got £40 million.

Not everything is a conspiracy.
Never said or suggested there was a conspiracy.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If you want to get more for your players, you have to sell them at a high point in their market value and before you hand them very big contracts.

Having failed to do that in Henderson's case, £20m is fine.

GazTheLegend

It's City, Burnley bought him whose manager is Kompany. Nothing dodgy about that deal whatsoever.
Exactly right. it just screams "creative accounting" to me. It's incredible that people will STILL wax lyrical about how "well run" Man City are even after their leaked e-mails detailing various elements of their accounting practices. "WE NEED TO BE CLEANER THAN THIS JORGE".

Dan_F

I mean like.... Manchester City's directors and account managers do literally conspire to fake their figures you know...
Yes…but, not everything they do :lol:

I can quite easily see how a young English keeper is worth £15 million. It’s an absolute bargain if he turns out to even be an average PL keeper.

Adamsk7

£20m is alright. It means Onana has cost us about £23m overall (if it’s just like for like) and we’ve got two high earning keepers off our books

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
At this point I genuinely hope we just go elsewhere for a keeper.
He’s travelling with us to USA, meaning we are not close to agreeing a fee for him.
I genuinely hope we just go elsewhere for a keeper at this point. :rolleyes:

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
At this point I genuinely hope we just go elsewhere for a keeper.

I genuinely hope we just go elsewhere for a keeper at this point. :rolleyes:
You won't get one if your club is so intent on making derisory offers.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
You won't get one if your club is so intent on making derisory offers.
We seemed to do ok buying players last season - can’t have been too many derisory offers then.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
We seemed to do ok buying players last season - can’t have been too many derisory offers then.
What's last season got to do with it? As far as I'm aware, this transfer window your club has yet to make a signing and the offer for Henderson has been reported as a loan. Maybe your club shot their load last season.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
We want to sell player, yes.
Everyone doesn’t want a loan.
It’s a loan offer with obligation to by after 15 games. Considering he’s coming back of a bad injury. That sounds pretty sensible considering the silly money UTD seem to be asking.

IrishRedDevil

It’s a loan offer with obligation to by after 15 games. Considering he’s coming back of a bad injury. That sounds pretty sensible considering the silly money UTD seem to be asking.
£20m for a solid keeper with PL experience is far from silly.
Goodluck taking a cheaper punt on someone else.

AlexUTD

Sensible? He only had this long term injury in his career, does not make him injury prone suddenly.

And we need money for transfers in the summer not in january.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Sensible? He only had this long term injury in his career, does not make him injury prone suddenly.

And we need money for transfers in the summer not in january.
We need a fit keeper who is fully recovered and isn’t going to break down in Sept. Is he ready for the start of the season? - i’m guessing he doesn’t come with a 12 month warranty? Your lack of finances are your problem

Status
Not open for further replies.