Dean Henderson | Ajax interested in loan deal

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Hopefully he will get regular playing time.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Give us ETH in return and I'll drive the guy to Amsterdam myself.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I call bullshit.

Henderson wouldnt swap the United bench for the Ajax bench... There is no way Ten Hag is swapping Pasveer the way he has been performing..

Mindhunter

I call bullshit.

Henderson wouldnt swap the United bench for the Ajax bench... There is no way Ten Hag is swapping Pasveer the way he has been performing..
It isn't without precedence. Adnan Januzaj tried it with Dortmund but it didn't work out for him either.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I call bullshit.

He's a confident lad, perhaps a bit too confident. There was an interview with him early last season where he was saying "100%" that he'd be number 1 for United and England. He probably backs himself to have a chance anywhere, rightly or wrongly.

I haven't watched Ajax much this season, but wouldn't any Ajax keeper be expected to be good with the ball? I don't think that would suit Henderson, on the off-chance he did make it into the side. He's not terrible with the ball, but he's not close to what you'd consider to be a modern keeper either.

Oranges038

On what merit?
Look at at all the team stats and his individual stats for last season when he played. That and he's a more rounded keeper who doesn't stick to his line waiting for his one redeeming quality to make him look good.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Has more longevity than DDG. Truth of the matter is that DDG and Man utd wasted their best years together and although we both deserved more success its time for the next keeper to come in who can serve us longer.

mu4c_20le

Seems like a good move, even if he won't be a starter. He's behind Heaton at the moment.

0le

Look at at all the team stats and his individual stats for last season when he played. That and he's a more rounded keeper who doesn't stick to his line waiting for his one redeeming quality to make him look good.
You mean that one redeeming quality that saw him be part of our last title winning team?

NewYorkRed

The one redeeming quality is a pretty big one. Some would even say the most important one.

As for stats, I’ll be honest I haven’t looked at them, but Dean has not looked great when he’s played. People will have differing opinions of course, but I’d bet just about anything that neither RR nor the next coach we get will bench DDG or replace him. He’s simply far too good a shot stopper.

His distribution is also, while not as good as others, not that bad- people in the forum go at him far too harshly for that imo. He doesn’t get off his line all too often I’ll give you that, but lets see if that changes now that we have a manager who will agressively press high up the pitch and then see where we’re at.

edcunited1878

Small sample size doesn't erase the fact that DDG is the best keeper at the club, still.

Dean was unfortunate to pick up an injury that forced him to withdraw from the Euros then contracted Covid. But he was not the number 1 going into the season and has not gotten the chance to play by merit.

Showcasing your skills for Sheffield United is nothing like Manchester United. Henderson needs to be patient and still needs to improve a clear level or two.

hobbers

Because he doesn't have a redeeming quality to wait for, he's a mediocre shot stopper who's not even close to good enough for a club of this level.

Oranges038

You mean that one redeeming quality that saw him be part of our last title winning team?
Seriously? That was 8 years ago, he's been making some saves but he has been dreadful for the past 3 season.

Tom Cleverly played a lot of games in that team - should he still be playing for Utd because of that?

Oranges038

Small sample size doesn't erase the fact that DDG is the best keeper at the club, still.

Dean was unfortunate to pick up an injury that forced him to withdraw from the Euros then contracted Covid. But he was not the number 1 going into the season and has not gotten the chance to play by merit.

Showcasing your skills for Sheffield United is nothing like Manchester United. Henderson needs to be patient and still needs to improve a clear level or two.

He was going to be until he got sick and it would have been on merit.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The one redeeming quality is a pretty big one. Some would even say the most important one.
De Gea did start the season back in very good shot stopping form, but there's been a few times over the last month that that seems to have been dropping away again. He's let in a few goals that he probably should have done better for.

People tend to forget DDG actually did the same thing last season. For the first two months of the season everyone was saying 'DDG is back!' and it seemed that he'd gotten over all the mistakes and poor performances that he'd been guilty of over the previous two seasons. Then he fell away and proceeded to have probably his worst season of all.

It wasn't just Sheffield United. Henderson comfortably outperformed De Gea for us last season and had overtaken him as #1 for the final few months. He most likely would have started this season as #1 if not for the terrible timing of him getting Covid (and it seemed to be a bad case), and then DDG did enough in the first couple of months to reclaim that spot. Like I mentioned above though, there have been signs of DDG's form starting to slide yet again so we'll see what happens.

SambaBoy

I can't see Henderson wanting to go out on loan anymore. I think he will demand a move as I also can't see him ousting DDG this season or next.

If Henderson wanted to be our future no1, he'd probably have to go out on loan for another season and half or sit on the bench playing the odd game in that period. He's had a taste of first team football in the PL with Sheffield United and also with us, so I can't see him being happy with a sub role. If an attractive team came in for him and promised him the no1 spot, I'd think he would ask to leave.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Should’ve been sold for maximum value if he wasn’t ever going to be made permanent number 1. At the peak of his hype, before he signed a new deal with us, we could’ve easily fetched 30m or so for him. Maybe even a bit more given the English tax. It’s the type of sale Chelsea would have made.

Don't see what good a loan does at this point.

edcunited1878

De Gea did start the season back in very good shot stopping form, but there's been a few times over the last month that that seems to have been dropping away again. He's let in a few goals that he probably should have done better for.

People tend to forget DDG actually did the same thing last season. For the first two months of the season everyone was saying 'DDG is back!' and it seemed that he'd gotten over all the mistakes and poor performances that he'd been guilty of over the previous two seasons. Then he fell away and proceeded to have probably his worst season of all.

It wasn't just Sheffield United. Henderson comfortably outperformed De Gea for us last season and had overtaken him as #1 for the final few months. He most likely would have started this season as #1 if not for the terrible timing of him getting Covid (and it seemed to be a bad case), and then DDG did enough in the first couple of months to reclaim that spot. Like I mentioned above though, there have been signs of DDG's form starting to slide yet again so we'll see what happens.
Comfortably outperformed is an overstatement. David did have issues, but rebounded from them and then kicked on. Dean and David were going into a battle to see who was going to be first choice. But David also didn't wilt or hide to the challenge and he's gotten into top form again this season. David didn't just do "enough", let's be honest. He's been a top performer this season, along with Ronaldo and Lindelof.

Henderson needs to go away for the 2nd half of the year and try to reclaim his position in the England team for the World Cup. David's the number 1 and Heaton is 2b. Give Henderson the opportunity to play his way into the England squad, then make a decision going into next summer. Who will be the number 1 at United after the World Cup, knowing Henderson can be on a six month loan. David is going to the World Cup, but not as a starter for Spain (assuming they've qualified).

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Van der Sar mentioned on Dutch tv today Ajax has no interest in Dean Henderson whatsoever..

skc_18

Comfortably outperformed is an overstatement. David did have issues, but rebounded from them and then kicked on. Dean and David were going into a battle to see who was going to be first choice. But David also didn't wilt or hide to the challenge and he's gotten into top form again this season. David didn't just do "enough", let's be honest. He's been a top performer this season, along with Ronaldo and Lindelof.

Henderson needs to go away for the 2nd half of the year and try to reclaim his position in the England team for the World Cup. David's the number 1 and Heaton is 2b. Give Henderson the opportunity to play his way into the England squad, then make a decision going into next summer. Who will be the number 1 at United after the World Cup, knowing Henderson can be on a six month loan. David is going to the World Cup, but not as a starter for Spain (assuming they've qualified).
Good Post. I think De gea has been really good this season and it is not right to drop him to Hendo. And Hendo was also not available for good part. De gea is on bumper contract so unless he is in bad form Hendo wont replace him. His contract is till 2023 so I think we will wait this season and decide whether to sell him next season or let him go on Free in 2023.I dont think we will extend De gea contract in 2023 because of his wages and also his age.

But worst part is we wont be able to judge whether Hendo is good , if we dont give him a full season. I hope Hendo goes on loan 2nd half of season or we give him chance to entire 2nd half. Both De gea and Hendo seems to have atleast 1 goal-fault errors in their games but it would be good to give Hendo atleast half season before deciding on a new keeper.

skc_18

Van der Sar mentioned on Dutch tv today Ajax has no interest in Dean Henderson whatsoever..
Newcastle then ? :)
They need good players everywhere and I think we can give our deadwood to them. Hendo can go on loan though.