Dean Henderson | Nottingham Forest loan watch

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
penalties is the best you can come up with? I mean if that's the bench mark, tell me how many DDG saved in the Europa final. for that matter tell me how many he even went the right way for... there is rather a lot more to goalkeeping than penalties
You've missed the point here.

We were told Henderson's major strengths are 'modern GK' (whatever the hell that means) and saving pens where he's admittedly good in a league scenario. De Gea was also slated for not saving pens and this was a stick used to beat him with after the Europa final.

Then we had a season where De Gea saved pens in the PL and Henderson could not do better in a shootout than De Gea's supposed dire performance in the EL final. So for all his 'ability' Henderson just failed to take his chances.

Don't get me wrong, I'd happily swap De Gea but we already have a big problem with Maguire, Rashford and Bruno. I'd never given De Gea this contract but since we're here, I think it's better to focus on the outfield for now because DdG ain't going nowhere with his stupid wages

Crapper John

Supports
Arsenal
You've missed the point here.

We were told Henderson's major strengths are 'modern GK' (whatever the hell that means) and saving pens where he's admittedly good in a league scenario. De Gea was also slated for not saving pens and this was a stick used to beat him with after the Europa final.

Then we had a season where De Gea saved pens in the PL and Henderson could not do better in a shootout than De Gea's supposed dire performance in the EL final. So for all his 'ability' Henderson just failed to take his chances.

Don't get me wrong, I'd happily swap De Gea but we already have a big problem with Maguire, Rashford and Bruno. I'd never given De Gea this contract but since we're here, I think it's better to focus on the outfield for now because DdG ain't going nowhere with his stupid wages
Better hope he stays fit then.

RedOrange

Let's be honest here, Henderson could play like Manuel Neuer and some fans would still pile in here to insist he's terrible because they're emotionally attached to De Gea. We get it, you don't like him, but it's very clear to everyone who isn't an idiot that he's good enough to play for a mid-table PL club at the very least.

He was told he'd get minutes last year, got almost none whatsoever and his career stagnated for an entire year. Him not trusting the club and demanding to go on loan so it wouldn't happen again this season is totally understandable. It doesn't make him a bad goalkeeper ffs.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Strange that a lot of people here seem to want him to fail.

Shouldn't we all want him to succeed on loan so that we may get a decent fee for him in the end?

caid

Strange that a lot of people here seem to want him to fail.

Shouldn't we all want him to succeed on loan so that we may get a decent fee for him in the end?
I want and expect him to succeed, hes a decent goalkeeper so he should. I just dont want him playing for us again, i feel like i've seen what he has to offer and its not good enough for us primarily. His press annoyed me but i'd get over it if he was a serious talent.

caid

"Severed ties". Were still paying the motherfecker, wish he'd sever that tie.
What kind of dirt does this guy have on journalists to get this much attention?

Abhinav

I hope he has a great season with Forest so that we can sell him for £40m+. Don’t think he showed enough when he was given a run of games at United. IMO, he is well rounded but doesn’t have any obvious spike that makes him stand out.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
I believe Forest are picking up all of his wages.

anurag

I can't help but laugh at "his character and leadership have shone through in severing ties with Manchester United".
'Severing ties' or whatever that interview was meant to be is exactly the opposite of what a true leader would do.
Why does this piece read like an article he paid for? Maybe he was owed by journalists for the leaks he shared with them last season.

caid

I can't help but laugh at "his character and leadership have shone through in severing ties with Manchester United".
'Severing ties' or whatever that interview was meant to be is exactly the opposite of what a true leader would do.
Why does this piece read like an article he paid for? Maybe he was owed by journalists for the leaks he shared with them last season.
Well we are 'criminal' leaving him on the bench last season. The wanker.
There is something about his media that really boils my piss.

Abraxas

Why are people so sensitive about this guy? What is it about his comments that rile people so much?

I'd rather hear annoyance from a guy over not playing any football after being assured he would than having players as meek as a mouse and content to sit around doing nothing, with zero personality and drive to be a United player.

The comments were a little OTT, perhaps slightly misjudged, at least in their delivery but essentially nothing that special to me. I really don't get it. There must be something more. Is it because there is a rumour he was one of the leaks from the dressing room?

caid

Why are people so sensitive about this guy? What is it about his comments that rile people so much?

I'd rather hear annoyance from a guy over not playing any football after being assured he would than having players as meek as a mouse and content to sit around doing nothing, with zero personality and drive to be a United player.

The comments were a little OTT, perhaps slightly misjudged, at least in their delivery but essentially nothing that special to me. I really don't get it. There must be something more. Is it because there is a rumour he was one of the leaks from the dressing room?
I dont know to be honest, it definitely pisses me off more than it should.
I dont want to hear anything whatsoever from players as a rule, I sure as shit dont want to hear anything negative. The only other example of a player publicly criticising the club who loaned them out i can think of is Lukaku at Chelsea and hes not exactly a paragon of professionalism. Players publicly criticising former clubs comes off as classless in general.
Its hard to carry off being arrogant if you dont have the goods to back it up. Everything i read or hear about the guy just makes me think hes a knob with an overinflated opinion of himself.
The comments were completely misjudged, why burn bridges?

lex talionis

I hope Henderson regrets having described his status as backup keeper for Manchester United as "criminal". Maybe he lost his head in the heat of an interview, or maybe he really believes it. I hope it's the former.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
When fans say shit about United it’s all nice and gravy.

When players do then they are supposed to be evil:rolleyes:

city-puma

I hope Henderson regrets having described his status as backup keeper for Manchester United as "criminal". Maybe he lost his head in the heat of an interview, or maybe he really believes it. I hope it's the former.
I think you have comprehension issue reading that. No one can help u.

Don't Kill Bill

The issues with Henderson all stem from Utd's inability to make a decision on how good our young players are. We seem to want to keep them and not play them which is really stupid.

Hope he plays well at Forrest and we get a bundle for him at the end of the season.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Such an interesting thing that our fans hated so much on our own players due to us not being good enough, that when we see one of our own players getting rated by others we think it's a conspiracy. I don't get it, it's beyond weird. Not only was he our own academy product with huge potential but he gained interest by big clubs and was brought back from loan by us with promises we didn't keep, and after his value dropped we sent him out on loan again after spending a year or more on the bench. Fair enough in speculating that he wouldn't be good enough for a team close to winning the league, but he is good enough to be given a chance at the club.

68cob

The press are just desperate for him to be a success outside United and be a future england hero.