Gaming Death Stranding (Out Now on PS4, PC Summer 2020)

Volumiza

Natural mincer
Just picked this up. 2 hours in and I really like it. There’s something very peaceful and absorbing about the walking through the landscape, especially when some of the soundtrack kicks in.

Got my attention that’s for sure. The lighting and the colour palette make it look incredible.

Irwin99

I really loved this game. Definitely in my top 5 PS4 games despite a few faults here and there (Kojima you need an editor!)

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Just picked this up. 2 hours in and I really like it. There’s something very peaceful and absorbing about the walking through the landscape, especially when some of the soundtrack kicks in.

Got my attention that’s for sure. The lighting and the colour palette make it look incredible.
The pacing is a fundamental aspect of this game which just perfectly hits the spot for me in both combat moments and just peacefully exploring the terrain while delivering pizza's. :D
I really loved this game. Definitely in my top 5 PS4 games despite a few faults here and there (Kojima you need an editor!)
I would go further and say this is comfortably my favourite game not only on the PS4 but ever.
I just wished the story lasted longer.

b82REZ

I just stopped playing this, and honestly I don't know why.

I had just got the zip wire blueprint and I havent turned it back on since

Volumiza

Natural mincer
I just stopped playing this, and honestly I don't know why.
I have a few games I’ve done that with and I’m trying to get them done before ps5 comes out.

Horizon Zero Dawn
RDR2
Resi 7

Death stranding though, at this early point I’m really enjoying the experience and it sucked me in straight away. Really absorbing.

b82REZ

I have a few games I’ve done that with and I’m trying to get them done before ps5 comes out.

Horizon Zero Dawn
RDR2
Resi 7

Death stranding though, at this early point I’m really enjoying the experience and it sucked me in straight away. Really absorbing.
Are you sure we aren't the same person? I dropped all three of those games as well.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Got this on sale on PS store. It's basically fetch quest after fetch quest across a dreary empty landscape but there's something addictive about it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time
Got this on sale on PS store. It's basically fetch quest after fetch quest across a dreary empty landscape but there's something addictive about it.
Absolutely loved this game. It's not for everyone due to the nature of the gameplay but was completely for me. The tension, he slow burn, the feeling of being alone and at odds with nature which was desolate but also calming at the same time.

Irwin99

I absolutely loved this game and getting the best scores and working out the best routes to get that S rank was insanely addictive.

Volumiza

Natural mincer
Yeah, I got it a few months back, started it and really liked it. I keep meaning to go back to it but keep getting snagged by other stuff.

I did find walking accross the landscape accompanied by that great soundtrack almost hypnotic.

Sweet Square

I'm not Kojima biggest fan(Although MSGV is a ton of fun)but I'm half through Death Stranding and it's basically the equivalent of Tarkovsky Stalker. Its genuinely incredible piece of art. Also jesus Low Roar are a brilliant band.

Disclaimer - A lot of my gameplay time I've been zoned out on diazepam which has really intensified the whole experience.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time

I'm not Kojima biggest fan(Although MSGV is a ton of fun)but I'm half through Death Stranding and it's basically the equivalent of Tarkovsky Stalker. Its genuinely incredible piece of art. Also jesus Low Roar are a brilliant band.

Disclaimer - A lot of my gameplay time I've been zoned out on diazepam which has really intensified the whole experience.
No, it really is terrific. There are weaknesses which I won't touch upon since you're still playing, but all in all, this was a unique gaming experience which had me invested the whole way through. The gameplay mechanics really worked for me, and the world building was also excellent.

Irwin99

I bought Low Roar's album 'Once in a long long while' after completing this game. A very good album.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I spent the whole game wondering when Chvrches song would start playing in game and it was only a credit song, for feck sake. Can't even use it to customise structures.