Declan Rice | signs for arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Irish Connection

Caicedo a much better option in my opinion, similar price but caicedo is very used to playing around the corner to beat the press, whereas rice tends to pass backwards first.
Caicedo is also more active in the final 3rd with touches and pressing.
I wouldn't be unhappy with rice but think caicedo is a better fit.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Good on him if he moves to Bayern, more English players should cut their teeth abroad, will lead to much better and well rounded players and characters.

glasgow 21

Rice is paper talk and mostly likely leaked from club to appease fans. Reality is there will be no Rice, Kane or Osimhen, sooner everyone gets it the better and wont be disappointed.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Won't leave the prem.

We'll be in for him to the extent that we will ask how much then ask if Mark Noble is available instead.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Caicedo tackles like Fred by bumping in to peoples back & tripping people over. Rice's defensive game is on pure positioning. A youtube video shows this if intrested.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
‘Keeping abreast of the situation’ is that the new ‘keeping tabs on a player’ then? They love rolling out their little phrases during the transfer window. :lol:
AKA updating their twitter feed every few hours to see if Romano has tweeted. Like many of us.

Alfie092

I think I would be happy with a midfield upgrade of Rice and Mount in the squad.

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
Man City now involved.

West Ham are interested in at least three Man City players.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Caicedo is the #1 target for three EPL clubs per the above news.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

While I think Rice is a great player I am not sure Mount and him are what we really need. Assuming Casemiro will keep his place as well as Bruno we need a number 8 with a top notch engine and passing qualities similar to Eriksen. I doubt Rice or Mount would join us without believing that they have a place in the starting line-up.

InfiniteBoredom

Him going to Bayern would be best for us imo, his skillset isn’t what we need but it would complement our competitors well by virtue of them having better ball players while lacking defensively

Red Star One

Did Bayern get Gulf oil money all of a sudden?
Their net spend in the last 4 years is pretty much the same as ours in the single transfer window last summer. They have the money and always had it, I think they just refused to try to match oligarch clubs but are slowly getting off this high horse after seeing that such arrogance almost cost them the league.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
His price probably gone up 100m for winning this.

Rockets Redglare

I’d be gutted if we wasted our money on him, I just don’t see anything special in his game at all.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
He will be a good signing for us but it will serve him better to accept a move to Bayern if the opportunity arises.

Rolaholic

Prefer Caicedo but he’s a solid player and an upgrade on Fred/McTom
For the money and profile Caicedo is definitely the most interesting prospect but I fear the Gunners have already made too many inroads for us to swoop in at the 11th hour

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Struggle to see how he is worth anything close to what West Ham want.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
It’s a ridiculous price tag, almost makes me relieved we’ve not got the budget this year. Runs around like a headless chicken which is fine at West Ham, but he’d fail at United, he’s just too limited of an actual footballer

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It’s a ridiculous price tag, almost makes me relieved we’ve not got the budget this year. Runs around like a headless chicken which is fine at West Ham, but he’d fail at United, he’s just too limited of an actual footballer
I'm just surprised so many people are interested at that price. He was terrible on the ball tonight.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I'm just surprised so many people are interested at that price. He was terrible on the ball tonight.
He’s 50M, tops. I feel the 90M is West Ham’s way of saying “hands off”, just it doesn’t seem to have dissuaded the suitors. What’s more crazy is that non of us, Arsenal or Bayern really can afford it

jesperjaap

Rice is paper talk and mostly likely leaked from club to appease fans. Reality is there will be no Rice, Kane or Osimhen, sooner everyone gets it the better and wont be disappointed.
I agree, but dont think its a bad thing. All excellent players, but unless we have a budget this summer of £400m, they are all too expensive

SAFMUTD

I don't know how the lie about him being worth 100M+ has been alive for so long. 100M for a midfielder you expect worldclass talent or at least worldclass potential, he has neither. He's a 50M player, 60M tops.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He does a fine job as 6 if that's all that is asked.

Not really any good at the other stuff against high level midfields despite everyone at West Ham claiming he is though so that's where he'd get exposed in later stages of CL etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.