Dejan Lovren

Ban

I tend to be subjective regarding Croatian players but he's shite and he's a thief along with his pal Modrić.

Triple.Threat

World class defender. Please Mr. Klopp tie him down to a very long-term contract.

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool
Best CB in the league?
Surely you mean from the bottom! :D

Why we paid 20 million for him is beyond my understanding! Surely there are better defenders out there, SURELY... Sakho had his share of howlers, but at least he had a beast mode as well. As long as we have Lovren and Moreno playing at the same time, we are guaranteed to ship 1-2 goals a game.

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool
Lazy amateur with lack of positional awareness. There's been so much negativity after his contract extension, and it's well justified.
Get him to U23 or out of the game completely for a season. Let him rot. We did it to Moreno and look what happened, he's now playing each time like it's his last, runs, tackles, covers for others.

Oh my, how am I pissed about him, same sh*t over and over again from him.

Bobski

When people start talking about how certain defenders at Utd are West Brown/Stoke/Brighton level they should make sure to remember Lovren today.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Does this a few times every season, which is why he can’t be relied on long term.

Today reminded me of the horror show he had at Spurs earlier in the season.

The Bloody-Nine

Those two fouls on Fellaini were comical. Why hasn't Klopp binned him yet? He's been given plenty of reasons to.

dogwithabone

Absolute donkey.

Never have rated him and he wouldn’t make our bench. Smalling, Jones, Bailly and Rojo are all better centre backs.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If you talk shit at least back it up with a good performance. Instead showed his true colours and played like a donkey

el3mel

10/10 performance today. Hopefully he stays as a starter there as long as possible.

buck3y3nut

Supports
Liverpool
I really hope Lovren gets sold in the summer. He cannot be relied upon. What an absolute comical performance today.

Utdstar01

So I asked this question earlier but I didn't get an answer. Is it possible to yellow card Lovren twice for those two slide tackles irrespective of play not being called to a halt?

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
:lol::lol::lol:

Joke of a player, I have sympathy for his off field struggles.On the pitch however he's a third choice that's been made a mainstay .

breakout67

Supports
Man City
So I asked this question earlier but I didn't get an answer. Is it possible to yellow card Lovren twice for those two slide tackles irrespective of play not being called to a halt?
It probably is 'possible' because the 1st tackle was so bad, that Fellaini was hacked down and had to get up and make another run. So it can be interpreted as a different phase of play. But refs will just give one yellow.

He also elbowed McTominay in the back of the neck nowhere near the ball which was at least a yellow card.

Utdstar01

It probably is 'possible' because the 1st tackle was so bad, that Fellaini was hacked down and had to get up and make another run. So it can be interpreted as a different phase of play. But refs will just give one yellow.

He also elbowed McTominay in the back of the neck nowhere near the ball which was at least a yellow card.
Cheers bud. Be good to clear the air on this as I wasn't sure whether that's possible or not.

Did the referee even deem the first one as a foul? It didn't appear so at the time.
No even though it blatantly was. I'm just wondering whether the situation is possible.

Utdstar01

Agreed, it was the worse of the two. Seemed to go right under Fellaini whilst getting none of the ball.
I have no idea what either were tbh. I thought Fellaini did something to piss Lovren off to warrant that sort of challenge but there was nothing. Complete disregard to winning the ball that's for sure.