Denis Law diagnosed with dementia

Moriarty

As much as I loved Fergies teams the 60s were extra special, probably because I was very young, the travelling involved in getting to the matches, the sheer excitement of being there, the players, the matches themselves....priceless memories.
Yep, all a distant memory now. The final games of the 1964-65 season stand out. We were ahead of Leeds on goal average with two games to go. We beat Arsenal 3-1 but all ears were tuned to the transistor as Leeds were 0-3 down to Birmingham at St. Andrews. Then it was 1-3, then 2-3, the 3-3, and nerves started jangling, because us kids had no idea how goal average worked. Denis scored 4 goals in 2 games; 2 against Liverpool (3-0) and two days later, another brace against the Gunners that gave us the title. Ahead on goal average, we lost our final game 1-2 at Villa but Leeds' season was over. They lost the cup final to Liverpool as well.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
My heart goes out to you my friend. It is hard for those who must stand by helpless. My mother in law spent her last years in a home. She too didn't recognize her daughters. She had forgotten how to eat and, at the end, she was hallucinating. She saw her long-dead relatives in the room and, strange to say, she seemed lucid as she spoke to them. It was pitiful to see.
Thank you very much my friend, nice of you to say that.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Awful news. Denis was my hero as a kid - above even Bobby and George. the goals he scored which no one else could (i took until the mark hughes era to even get close to some of his acrobatic bicycle kicks).

I watched Denis in one of those recent United documentaries a few weeks ago and was a bit worried that his cancer was back - now we know it was something else.

I too have a short experience of a relative with early signs but he died before it completely took hold.

Love to Denis and his family and friends - and huge gratitude for the joy he brought