Denzel Dumfries

I've only ever seen him a few times. But how manytimes do you see AWB or Dalot put in a cross or a cutback? Hardly ever. A big reason why we can't score to save our life. Perhaps this dude can create chances on his own. To me, the dodgy defending would be worth the chance creation .

So we should go for Ricky van Wolfswinkel then? He is Dutch, bang average, and in his thirties so seems to fit the criteria our club has been aiming for.
I remember him being Shite at Norwich two decades or so back. So yeah, ideal.

I've only ever seen him a few times. But how manytimes do you see AWB or Dalot put in a cross or a cutback? Hardly ever. A big reason why we can't score to save our life. Perhaps this dude can create chances on his own. To me, the dodgy defending would be worth the chance creation .

Dumfries once described himself as having 'hard feet'. He is big, strong, works really hard and will never stop trying to improve himself. However on the ball he isnt the best and he just lacks that talent. His crossing isnt actually that good. I think you could compare him to Valencia as right back. Valencia was pretty good as a right back but he wasnt exactly Beckham or Trent like in his crossing.

Also i think Dumfries works better as a wing back in a 5 defender system than as a right back in a 4 defender system.

The Athletic saying United have had preliminary talks with Dumfires as an alternative to Mazraoui.

I would fecking love Dumfries at United. He'd give you some much needed spirit. And his first touch will make you remember Lukaku as if he were Bergkamp.

The Athletic saying United have had preliminary talks with Dumfires as an alternative to Mazraoui.

I would fecking love Dumfries at United. He'd give you some much needed spirit. And his first touch will make you remember Lukaku as if he were Bergkamp.
Cheers but Weghorst gave us enough spirit to last a lifetime.

Dumfries is considered a wing back but I don't think he looked great for Netherlands going forward. Not an accomplished footballer in that sense.
He's big, he runs around a bit, he gets in the box and nicks a few goals.

He's basically Scott McTominay at right back.

Dumfries is considered a wing back but I don't think he looked great for Netherlands going forward. Not an accomplished footballer in that sense.
He was admittedly not that good this last tournament, but the 2 tournaments before he was our best player.

To my uncultured eye he looked okay in the Euros. I’d be happy to have him to rotate with Dalot. There again, I’m also happy to have AWB to rotate with Dalot :lol:

That was a week old and from Nico Schira who's notoriously shite. Not that I think this'll happen mind and hope it doesn't.
Ah ok, thanks for clarifying!
Schira is shite, but it was Gazzetta Dello Sport he was pinching off there, and they still seem convinced Dumfries will renew. They're also pretty reliable, as Italian media goes anyway.

It would stack up with what Ornstein says as well. Agents having talks about potential moves for clients while negotiating a bumper contract is common practice.

Hmpf, you lot don't deserve Denzel.
Good footballer but so unlikeable. Serial diver, cares more about getting a free kick by faking a head injury than defending. I'd like to keep that type of footballer at a minimum at the club I watch every week.

Good footballer but so unlikeable. Serial diver, cares more about getting a free kick by faking a head injury than defending. I'd like to keep that type of footballer at a minimum at the club I watch every week.
True. But to be fair, he's super likeable when he plays for a team you like. Very brave and courageous, also a bit of a master of the dark arts.

Technically he's probably the most limited player that played for the Dutch NT over the last 6 years. But he's genuinely had a Roy Keane-esque influence for the Netherlands; proper warrior mentality. Stepped up so many times at vital moments, making tackles and blocks no other player would make, delivered a lot attackingly as well despite having zero technique.

Good to see we've moved on from the scouting network of 'Dutch or Ajax'.

What does Dumfries offer that DAlot doesnt? Also his weaknesses are similar to me. Both good at carrying the ball, both lacking defensively, both can be sloppy onthe ball, both are deent and little more.

Bissaka is a far better option as he offers something different....If we are going to sign an attackcing fullback, at least go for one that actually offers an exciting attaking threat.

Bar Vanderson the full backs leftand rightwe are getting linked with are giving me little enthusiam at all

What does Dumfries offer that DAlot doesnt? Also his weaknesses are similar to me. Both good at carrying the ball, both lacking defensively, both can be sloppy onthe ball, both are deent and little more.

Bissaka is a far better option as he offers something different....If we are going to sign an attackcing fullback, at least go for one that actually offers an exciting attaking threat.

Bar Vanderson the full backs leftand rightwe are getting linked with are giving me little enthusiam at all
I think the trouble with having a backup who is completing different to our starting RB is that if the starting RB gets injured then we have to completely alter our patterns of play on the right hand side. Whereas if we sign Dumfries to replace Wan-Bissaka then our two RBs can be interchangeable without it having a significant impact on our tactical approach.

Not that excited by Dumfries, and if we’re signing a full back surely a left back makes more sense