Denzel Dumfries

BoulderDevil

Playing scared in the biggest game of his career. Not a major upgrade on what we have already

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Saw someone on twitter say he'd frustrate the hell out of us if we signed him and watching him tonight I'd believe it.

Is there any particular reason not to prefer someone like Frimpong if we were to sign a RB?

Idxomer

We have been linked with him for 2 years now. I don't think we are really in for him, he isn't even a fullback.

He's like a poor striker playing a wing-back.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I thought he was alright to be honest, he covers the wing well and stretches teams. He lacked some options at points, but combined with the midfielders well. Lacked the final pass and hesitance to cross was poor tonight, but can't be too hard on him in a massive game against a far superior opponent.

captaincantona

really not at all someone we should be looking at. Weak in the challenge and very suspect positionally. Also offered very little going forward despite seemingly being given licence to be more advanced.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
This guy is nothing special, bit like most people in Inter's team. Do not want.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Rumours starting to float about a move to England again. I would love it if United signed him. You just can't appreciate how great Denzel is until he plays for you. He has no technique, no dribbling skill, hardly looks like a footballer when he first touches a ball and somehow he ends up with 2 assists and a goal after 90 minutes.

Also think his constant overlapping would give Antony a much needed 3rd (okay let's be fair, 2nd) dimension.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Rumours starting to float about a move to England again. I would love it if United signed him. You just can't appreciate how great Denzel is until he plays for you. He has no technique, no dribbling skill, hardly looks like a footballer when he first touches a ball and somehow he ends up with 2 assists and a goal after 90 minutes.

Also think his constant overlapping would give Antony a much needed 3rd (okay let's be fair, 2nd) dimension.
1st.

daba

From an age profile perspective I prefer Frimpong, who would offer the same attacking threat and also counts as homegrown if I’m not mistaken.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’m honestly always impressed by him when I watch Inter. He turns up in so many attacking options and bags a goal or an assist. He isn’t the most gifted but he’s a machine down the right

I’d also take Dimarco from Inter too

Mainoldo

No more Dutch/Ten Hag players. He will leave us like Barca in the 00’s.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
No more Dutch/Ten Hag players. He will leave us like Barca in the 00’s.
The best club side ever by the turn of the next decade?

I'd probably settle for that, to be fair.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

I'm 99% sure Van Gaal himself is convinced that it was entirely because of him that the Pep tiki-taka side came to be.

Mainoldo

No more Dutch/Ten Hag players. He will leave us like Barca in the 00’s

You might want to do your research of the Rizigier and Zenden years.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I'm 99% sure Van Gaal himself is convinced that it was entirely because of him that the Pep tiki-taka side came to be.
I'd probably be disappointed if he didn't believe this. :lol:

You might want to do your research of the Rizigier and Zenden years.
Of course, I know how shite they were for a while there, it's just a little bit of a funny example of eternal doom and gloom considering what they became pretty soon afterwards.

davidmichael

I think he may have meant the Barca of the late 90’s to the early turn of the millennium that went all in on Dutch players like the de Boer’s, Kluivert, Overmars, Van Bommel, Cocu, Zenden, Reiziger, Davids and Bogarde who all struggled to live up to expectations.

It was the Ronaldinho signing that turned things as they’d struggled for years before until Rijkaard came in and I think were trophyless for 4-5 seasons, I’ve always said that I believed it was Ronaldinho and Rijkaard who saved the club and laid the solid foundation for Guardiola as Rijkaard inherited a mess and struggled initially but turned it around to win the CL within a couple of years.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I think he may have meant the Barca of the late 90’s to the early turn of the millennium that went all in on Dutch players like the de Boer’s, Kluivert, Overmars, Van Bommel, Cocu, Zenden, Reiziger, Davids and Bogarde who all struggled to live up to expectations.

It was the Ronaldinho signing that turned things as they’d struggled for years before until Rijkaard came in and I think were trophyless for 4-5 seasons, I’ve always said that I believed it was Ronaldinho and Rijkaard who saved the club and laid the solid foundation for Guardiola as Rijkaard inherited a mess and struggled initially but turned it around to win the CL within a couple of years.
I'm pretty sure Van Bommel was about a decade later than the rest, around 2008 or something?

davidmichael

I'm pretty sure Van Bommel was about a decade later than the rest, around 2008 or something?
You may well be right, I had it in my head he was around the same time or the year after Ronaldinho but never worked out. I remember him being linked with United a lot before signing for Barca but I never rated him really.

city-puma

Watched a few Netherland games. I don’t understand a single bit why people here rates him so high! Same as I don’t understand one bit why Antony caused so much and why we chased Mount. That kind of opinions is always labeled ridiculous here.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Watched a few Netherland games. I don’t understand a single bit why people here rates him so high! Same as I don’t understand one bit why Antony caused so much and why we chased Mount. That kind of opinions is always labeled ridiculous here.
You must not have watched the right games then. He's probably our most important player in the last 2 year period. Though, granted, his lows are very low at times :wenger:

city-puma

You must not have watched the right games then. He's probably our most important player in the last 2 year period. Though, granted, his lows are very low at times :wenger:
Probably, euro and World Cup games only. And also some inter milan games.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Probably, euro and World Cup games only. And also some inter milan games.
But Denzel was fantastic in our last Euro's (think he was our top scorer in the 2021 tournament) and almost single handedly beat USA in Qatar :wenger:

He was wank (can I say wank?) in the CL final last year though, I can imagine that sticks out a bit,

city-puma

But Denzel was fantastic in our last Euro's (think he was our top scorer in the 2021 tournament) and almost single handedly beat USA in Qatar :wenger:

He was wank (can I say wank?) in the CL final last year though, I can imagine that sticks out a bit,
Probably due to LVG’s tactics. I always found his side the no-go zone. He stayed and moved along the byline like linear actuator up and down. All attacks on that side start and stop in five seconds no matter which side start the move.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
By far far far the best performer in our National side for about 3 years now already.. Rarely see him for Inter though

joedirt87

By far far far the best performer in our National side for about 3 years now already.. Rarely see him for Inter though
So the perfect signing for Erik. Dutch/Eredivisie experience, good at the international level, and available from Inter for a highly inflated price. I don't mind this kind of player profile as he can give you some flexibility as a RM or RB and frankly every player is potentially an upgrade over Antony right now, the price is just prohibitive.

Ekeke

This makes no sense, I thought we wanted Dumfries? Why would we reject that? I smell the shit of a bull.
No idea if this is legit, but posters have wanted to believe every rumour we've been interested in right wing backs with a 3 man defence, or right midfielders in a packed midfield for at least a couple of years and theres never been anything concrete and we havent signed any in all that time. Not even a young one for the future or a crap one who just wasnt good enough. We've also done a bunch of loans in that time and never one of those.

If this was legit the reason would be that AWB is a right back and we play a system with a rightback. Dumfries is a wingback or right midfielder and a weaker rightback than AWB.

So yeah still waiting for Lamptey, Dumfries and Frimpong to turn up as they were the assured replacements people had decided we were signing. Meanwhile we dont even play the same systems that have their position in them

OleGunnar20

Unless he's a striker with R & V in his initials then I really need a break from these Dutch fellas.