Depressing Statistics

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Are we surprised? He got rid of 3 strikers in one summer and he is paying the price for it now.

Some needs to tell him that goals win games/points not possession.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Our points total at the moment is the lowest we've had in the Prem.
After 23 games.
Lvg.......................Moyes
37 pts...................40 pts
28 goals................38 goals

Mindhunter

I blame Fergie. He amassed these records over 26 years to make his successors look bad.

Every game we hear stuff like "First time since 1985.......".

redshaw

Our points total at the moment is the lowest we've had in the Prem.
After 23 games.
Lvg.......................Moyes
37 pts...................40 pts
28 goals................38 goals
Lvg 2014.............Lvg 2015
43 pts.................37 pts
39 goals..............28 goals

SAF 2012............SAF 2013
54 pts.................57 pts
60 goals..............56 goals

What I notice looking at the top 10 of each year after 23 games to 2012 is it's really the top two positions who have fallen off points wise from previous years. This stage in past seasons, 30 odd points puts you firmly in the 5th to 8th zone.

Last year we had 43 points sitting in third and stayed in that zone. Going back to 2012 and 2013 normal leagues, 43 points still puts you firmly in the top 4 as well. Like I say the top two have fallen off but the rest follow a similar pattern and right now were in that 5th to 8th zone going back to 2012.

Spurs this year are in that top 4 zone we were in last year 43 points and 42 points, it looks like Kane is the difference.

The only hope is that our points have come crashing down in the last two months so maybe we can snap out of this strange run. We can play and get points like a top 4 side.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Now now, you're being to feckin' kind.

Only two teams in the entire football league have scored less goals at home then us. They are Dagenham and Redbridge (9) and Aston Villa (8)

So we are actually joint 90th/85th ... alongside:

Bradford City 12 goals in 11 games
Preston North End 12 goals in 14 games
Leeds United 12 goals in 13 games
Blackburn Rovers 12 goals in 13 games
Manchester Untied 12 goals in 11 games
Swansea City 12 goals in 12 games

Clearly its a West Yorkshire/Lancashire thing.... and Swansea.
This is nuts :lol::houllier:

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
we are in the thrird season since Fergie retired, close to £300,000,000 spent and our team still needs a total overhaul.

The Hacker

We are just so dull, shit, devoid of ideas that's stats can't really put those things into perspective enough

It's actually stats that have put us in this position - LVG like so many clueless corporate bosses only look at the percentages, not what makes em work.

I'm so fed up with it I can't be arsed to post my frustrations much!

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
In the last 7 game weeks (this one included), 1 of Arsenal or Man City have not taken maximum points 6 times. In those 6 set of matches, we have lost 3 times and drawn twice. Completely ballsed up our chances (CHANCES!) to capitalise or close the gap.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I blame Fergie. He amassed these records over 26 years to make his successors look bad.
Every game we hear stuff like "First time since 1985.......".
Dude, I realise that you are searching for ways to defend LVG, but Fergie does not manage the other 85 odd league teams (see below).

Now now, you're being to feckin' kind.

Only two teams in the entire football league have scored less goals at home then us. They are Dagenham and Redbridge (9) and Aston Villa (8)

roykeane19

Are we surprised? He got rid of 3 strikers in one summer and he is paying the price for it now.

Some needs to tell him that goals win games/points not possession.
We were still shit even when we had them, its more his effect, every player just drops down to a whole new level of shitness in his made up philosophy

mu77

64 points from last 38 games under him. and that includes the last 15 games from last year and the 23 this. a full seasons worth of matches.

chicha14

I felt depressed before opening this page, should have never come into this thread.

fook sakes!

He has a worse win rate than Moyes, that says it all.

Godfather

We are 17th (!) when it comes to chances created. With 182 in total. Compare this to Man City that are first with 312.

thepolice123

Only WBA have created fewer goalscoring chances than us in the league and I'm not sure whether that's still the case after yesterday's games.
Can't believe we have the equal amount of league goals as Sunderland and even fewer goalscoring chances.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Bradford City have a home game on Tuesday night... so if they manage to score a goal, that'll be another team who have scored more home goals then us this season.

NessunDorma

- Our average home attendance is a measly 15'000 higher than our closest rivals.

- We've still got rather a lot of money.

- We win the possession.

Potential is definitely there.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Finally! A bit of welcome good news!

Bradford didn't score in their home game tonight... so they're still also on 12 home goals along with us.

Baby steps.