Depressing Statistics

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Depressing Stats

Let's get this thread running, I'm sure we have a million of these... I'll start:

Memphis Depay is the only United player to score a first-half Premier League goal at Old Trafford this season - That was in September.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
We have less points at this point of the season than Moyes did.

Ixion

The stat about number of home games in a row without a first half goal must be a club record by now. Like 12 or something? Incredible. It's about 6 entire games worth of time without a goal at home.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
We've spent a zillion dollars and our biggest accomplishment is the fact Borthwick-Jackson officially has the longest name ever for a Manchester United player.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We're 14th in the league in shots per game, 15th in shots on target per game. 10th for goals scored. Tied in 18th/19th with Swansea for goals scored at home.
Depressing Stats

Let's get this thread running, I'm sure we have a million of these... I'll start:

Memphis Depay is the only United player to score a first-half Premier League goal at Old Trafford this season - That was in September.
Also that goal was in like the 47th minute, last few seconds of injury time to the first half...

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I bet we've probably substituted a full back more often under LVG then we did under Sir Alex!

Fitchett

Moyes had a higher win rate than Busby? !*?/&%*?!

Although good to see Mangnall's win rate, as my great uncle, Jack Fitchett, played in his teams :-)

Reactions: golden_blunder

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We scored 107 pts in 61 games, that's 1.75 points per game. Which means that on average Van gaal is a 66pts per season manager.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
If we hadn't beaten Liverpool last week, van Gaal would have been officially worse than Moyes!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
We're 14th in the league in shots per game, 15th in shots on target per game. 10th for goals scored. Tied in 18th/19th with Swansea for goals scored at home.
Now now, you're being to feckin' kind.

Only two teams in the entire football league have scored less goals at home then us. They are Dagenham and Redbridge (9) and Aston Villa (8)

So we are actually joint 90th/85th ... alongside:

Bradford City 12 goals in 11 games
Preston North End 12 goals in 14 games
Leeds United 12 goals in 13 games
Blackburn Rovers 12 goals in 13 games
Manchester Untied 12 goals in 11 games
Swansea City 12 goals in 12 games

Clearly its a West Yorkshire/Lancashire thing.... and Swansea.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
28 goals in 23 games. On course to score only 46 goals.
That roughly just over 1 goal per game.
What amazes me is that even though we have such a poor goal scoring record, fans predict that we will score 4 or more goals in some predictions, which leaves me scratching my head how they have arrived at this prediction.

Why bother shooting if you don't KNOW you'll score.

Logic.
Indeed.
Best to not shoot at all and just keep possession ;)

sunama

Baghdad Bob
We scored 107 pts in 61 games, that's 1.75 points per game. Which means that on average Van gaal is a 66pts per season manager.
That' roughly 4th - 7th place. And that's the reason why I want LVG gone - there is no way he can finish higher than 4th in the EPL.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
28 goals in 23 games.
15 of those were scored in 5 games.
Means we have scored 13 goals in the other 18.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Only WBA have created fewer goalscoring chances than us in the league and I'm not sure whether that's still the case after yesterday's games.