Design a Manchester United home shirt

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Let’s do it. Semi serious, let’s try and make an awesome Adidas United top. Maybe we could try and forward the best ones to Adidas via twitter or something

Go

ROFLUTION

I like the idea and would join in, but its a bit bad timing no? We just got a new one. Wait until 4 months in or so instead, and it would be more serious to send to Adidas

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I like the idea and would join in, but its a bit bad timing no? We just got a new one. Wait until 4 months in or so instead, and it would be more serious to send to Adidas
Do them now and build up a thread of ideas? That was my idea at least

In Rainbows

Would love to see a green and gold away shirt with stripes, but with black shorts and black socks.

PeteManic

Would love to see a plain home shirt with white collar and white stripes all the way down the arms.

Web of Bissaka

This is also slick. Again not mine, credit to the designers.
Best here is making the Chevy logo cool and fitting.

This thread is to make redcafe's versions of United home kit if I'm not mistaken, so maybe use these as inspirations/ideas. Every designers does it, using anything including other designer's designs to stimulate ideas.

Spoony

The People's President

This thread is to make redcafe's versions of United home kit if I'm not mistaken, so maybe use these as inspirations/ideas. Every designers does it, using anything including other designer's designs to stimulate ideas.

Not a fan of the thick white armbands. And I know the three strips can't extend all the way down but surely a small section can go above the armband?

MadMike

If Chevrolet would accept an adaptable (to shirt colour), reduced (in size), less garish version of their logo like like the one picture... not one would have any complains with them as a main sponsor. The gigantic silver-gold metallic logo is horrifying to look at and ruins almost every shirt.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Think we’ll see a really nice top next season when we shift Chevrolet

Jericholyte2

I’d essentially have this but with additional white on the other side of the black on the collar and sleeve as well as both sides of the stripes, which I would also have go down the sleeves.

Nick7

I’d essentially have this but with additional white on the other side of the black on the collar and sleeve as well as both sides of the stripes, which I would also have go down the sleeves.
Yeah this but with white Adidas stripes. Basically our 1982-83 jersey. Its perfect.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If Chevrolet would accept an adaptable (to shirt colour), reduced (in size), less garish version of their logo like like the one picture... not one would have any complains with them as a main sponsor. The gigantic silver-gold metallic logo is horrifying to look at and ruins almost every shirt.
They would never agree to that unfortunately... If I'm paying millions of pounds to put my logo on your shirt, it's damn well going to be in full colour and as big as possible.

diarm

Too much red, looks too much like a Pool shirt
Some of our greatest ever shirts have been all red with a dash of white on the shoulders. Two of my favourites in 92/93 and 07/08 probably had more red than this one.

This one is just for you though:

Last edited:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The problem is that the same reason we would want them to do that is the reason they wouldn't. They want their logo to stand out and be as noticeable as possible.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Some of our greatest ever shirts have been all red with a dash of white on the shoulders. Two of my favourites in 92/93 and 07/08 probably had more red than this one.

The white makes the difference. Too much red just makes it feel like Liverpool

diarm

The white makes the difference. Too much red just makes it feel like Liverpool
Fair enough. I have always liked a white collar on a United shirt to be fair.

Did I imagine Haier being announced as our next shirt sponsor or was that only a rumour? I quite liked the idea of a 5 letter Asian brand in white once again.

Spoony

The People's President

Smashed it.

Snuffkin

Any of diams stuff is good, stripes right down to the cuff though

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

I'm the only entrant so far so I've won easy.

Last edited:

AaronRedDevil

Nike > adidas mate
Not in a million years. Adidas has great united jerseys, though the new home jersey is meh. But Especially the away kits, that black and white one was beautiful. Nike hasn’t made a good United one since 2010. Adidas has some style at least. Not some plain top with a tick.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Some kind of homage to the shirt we wore in the '85 FA Cup final. The Hughes/Robson/Whiteside one.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Its impossible with that horrible eyesore of a shirt sponsor. Can't think of a worse one that we've had.

SirAF

Ageist
Not in a million years. Adidas has great united jerseys, though the new home jersey is meh. But Especially the away kits, that black and white one was beautiful. Nike hasn’t made a good United one since 2010. Adidas has some style at least. Not some plain top with a tick.
Yes. The 2010 was the worst Nike shirt in my opinion :lol: