Diablo 3 - Rise of the Necromancer

Ainu

I've not played in a while, but if Diablo 3 launched in its current state back in 2012 instead of how it did, it'd be at near all-time great status by now.
I bought and finished it straight after release and it was a real shit fest. But I have to say they've done more than enough to make up for that since. I revisited it after getting the expansion and was pleasantly surprised. And still they keep fixing and adding stuff. They've been exemplary with their support.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I bought and finished it straight after release and it was a real shit fest. But I have to say they've done more than enough to make up for that since. I revisited it after getting the expansion and was pleasantly surprised. And still they keep fixing and adding stuff. They've been exemplary with their support.
The first time I opened up a portal into the Vault I was like "omfg this is glorious!!!".

But then I came across a Rift which was filled with my little ponies and teddy bears.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I've been playing computer games since the early 80s, but the Diablo games are my favourite. I played Diablo which was OK, D2 which was brilliant and now D3 which started off slow but has morphed into a really great game. I'm currently playing a Crusader but have played all the characters to some extent at one time or another. Initially, I mostly played a Monk, but I've had three characters at Rift lvl 55 or better - Monk, Barb and now Crusader. I just started playing with my son, but he's a lightweight and only plays occasionally. We started Season 5 together and he pretty much chucked in the towel at Paragon 40 and I'm close to 600 now. What I've started doing is playing T10 and entering his character into the game at the entrance and leaving him there to get the experience, then once I've cleared the rift, go back to his character screen and pick up the loot. I've got him up to Paragon 190 doing this with pretty good gear but I still can't get him to come back. Kids today!

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I've been playing computer games since the early 80s, but the Diablo games are my favourite. I played Diablo which was OK, D2 which was brilliant and now D3 which started off slow but has morphed into a really great game. I'm currently playing a Crusader but have played all the characters to some extent at one time or another. Initially, I mostly played a Monk, but I've had three characters at Rift lvl 55 or better - Monk, Barb and now Crusader. I just started playing with my son, but he's a lightweight and only plays occasionally. We started Season 5 together and he pretty much chucked in the towel at Paragon 40 and I'm close to 600 now. What I've started doing is playing T10 and entering his character into the game at the entrance and leaving him there to get the experience, then once I've cleared the rift, go back to his character screen and pick up the loot. I've got him up to Paragon 190 doing this with pretty good gear but I still can't get him to come back. Kids today!
:lol:

I pretty much have all the unique items now but don't have enough of the ingredients to extract them properly and despite sprinting and jumping everywhere it still takes ages to farm properly.

I also don't really know which sets to go for so I have like 3 pages now full of set items. I also completely misread how you upgrade the yellow bordered items so I have loads of the maxed out gems.

Also me and my dad used to play Diablo2 co-op. That amount of anger we used to hurl at the computer when you'd die and drop all your gear on the floor and spend the next 2 hours trying to get it back.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
That amount of anger we used to hurl at the computer when you'd die and drop all your gear on the floor and spend the next 2 hours trying to get it back.
I played D2 to a pretty high level twice. The first time I managed to build myself two sets of gear in which I could go almost anywhere without bothering what was out there as far as monsters were concerned. However, during a session, not paying too much attention I died and lost the gear, so of course I put on the second set and went to get my stuff. To cut a long story short, I screwed up and died again, so now I had two really good sets laying on the ground. I then tried to cobble together a third set from what I had left over to try and get the first two sets back and of course I died a third time. In desperation, I then tried to just run past everything in pretty crappy gear hoping to get lucky. I died again, and again, and again, and again.............

At that point, totally pissed off, I deleted the game. It probably took me a couple of years before I came back to it again and started over.

Last edited:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin

Danillaco

But come on... Q3 of 2017.

I know it will be some new zones and a class, but the game need serious changes and balance for quite sometime. I didn't play the last two seasons, because it was more of the same. Tiresome, lots of people abandoned it. In Brazil is crazy hard to get a public decent game because of the lack of people.

Not to mention Story mode is completely dead.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
New character. Comes with certain goodies like flaming wings, portrait frame and ofc new videos on Priests of Rathma.

But then it's always fun to play necromancer. Would be better if they had created some new levels.
Is it an add on where you've got to buy the new stuff or is it something you can download from within the game?