Did he really play for them?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Probably been mentioned already, but this came to mind first:

Still clearly remember watching his debut on Football Italia and being disappointed at how shite he was.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Mauricio Pellegrino, a member of once famous Valencia backline alongside Angloma, Djukic and Carboni under Hector Cuper actually spent 1998/99 season on loan at Barcelona. Looking at their squad from that season I remember every player except some youth products who probably didn't even feature, especially baffling considering I made quite an effort to watch them due to Figo-Rivaldo wing pairing. It's not like he signed on and didn't feature either. According to wiki he played 23 games during that season.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
Sylvinho played for Arsenal, Barcelona (his final game was against Manchester United), joined and retired at Manchester City.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Maicon at Man City is as recent one I'd forgotten about..
He kept Bale quiet when they played Spurs too. Got a bit of redemption back after the last time they played.

Redcy

I didn't even know that Sven Goran Eriksson was the manager of that great Lazio side in 1992

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bosnich at Chelsea.

Also forget Jerome Boateng played a season at Man. City, think he was right back there when Zabaleta wasn't available.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Bosnich at Chelsea.

Also forget Jerome Boateng played a season at Man. City, think he was right back there when Zabaleta wasn't available.
I think Bosnich played a handful of games for Chelsea, but then injured himself taking a goal kick (highlighting how out of shape he was), then Cudicini game in, immediately looked impressive and that was that. And of course he failed a drug test and was sacked a year later.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Bosnich at Chelsea.

Nah Richards and Zaba were right back for the majority of the season, Boateng got injured I think by a trolly on an aircraft and just never really got going, though he did play a couple of times at right back.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I didn't even know that Sven Goran Eriksson was the manager of that great Lazio side in 1992
Weird, I think the opposite. If there was a manager I instantly associate with Lazio it would be Sven.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Everyone has played for Milan.
How the mighty have fallen.
You're not joking, I think it must have been mandatory that every player must spend 6 months at Milan at some point.

Here's a full XI of surprising Milan players, even though I already named about 12 on the last page. There's loads!

Pepe Reina

Matteo Darmian...what?

Leonardo Bonucci

Roberto Ayala

Philippe Senderos

Fabricio Coloccini

Michael Essien

Kevin Prince Boateng

Gerard Deulofeu

Gonzalo Higuain

Fernando Torres

That's without even mentioning the likes of Balotelli, Aubameyang, Ronaldinho, Bojan or Adel Taraabt. What the hell were they thinking?

Redcy

I didnt know taraabt went to spurs initially, I remember him only at QPR.

Trezeguet17

For me it is the same with Real Madrid.

Panucci
Cambiasso
Anelka
Ze Roberto
Cassano
Essien
Adebayor
Faubert :D
Gravesen
Walter Samuel
Metzelder
Altintop
Sahin
Dudek
Fabinho
Geremi
Emerson
[Irrelevant point]
Eto'o
Garay
Filipe Luis

Josh 76

For me it is the same with Real Madrid.

Panucci
Cambiasso
Anelka
Ze Roberto
Cassano
Essien
Adebayor
Faubert :D
Gravesen
Walter Samuel
Metzelder
Altintop
Sahin
Dudek
Fabinho
Geremi
Emerson
[Irrelevant point]
Eto'o
Garay
Filipe Luis
Eto?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Played a few games for them. If I recall correctly, Madrid had too many non EU players so sold him to Mallorca.

Also this thread can just be called 'Players who surprisingly played for Milan"

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Pires playing for us completely skipped my mind until now, was way past his best.

204Red

I'd completely forgotten about Alan Smith at Newcastle (that's where he went after he left United)... so I looked it up

Better part of 5 seasons there... 94 total appearances, ZERO goals. I'll bet there are a lot of Geordies who'd like to forget about him as well.