Die Hard

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Watched the original Alien last night, the atmosphere between Alien 1 and 2 is so different. Don't get me wrong, 2 is an amazing action film, but for the horror aspect, Alien 1 wins hands down.

MUFCgal

The first Die Hard is an awesome film, definitely one of my favourite films ever.

The second one is good, third is brilliant and the 4th was decent.

Alex

The first Die Hard is an awesome film, definitely one of my favourite films ever.

The second one is good, third is brilliant and the 4th was decent.
That's a fair assessment other than the 4th being poor

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The Die Hard films are in order of greatness as well as chronology. The first is the best, then Die Harder, then Vengeance. 4.0 is just awful.

MG

The Die Hard films are in order of greatness as well as chronology. The first is the best, then Die Harder, then Vengeance. 4.0 is just awful.
I prefer Vengeance to Die Harder.

4.0 was the weakest, but I don't think it was as bad as a lot of people said, I still loved it. I love Bruce Willis. He could star in anything, especially as John McClane, and I'd love it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I prefer Vengeance to Die Harder.

4.0 was the weakest, but I don't think it was as bad as a lot of people said, I still loved it. I love Bruce Willis. He could star in anything, especially as John McClane, and I'd love it.
Vengeance never felt like a proper Die Hard film to me, but I still quite enjoyed it so I can't complain too much. 1&2 were similar films, they felt like two parts of a franchise; Vengeance could have been any characters and the link to Hans was extremely weak, it felt like they just threw that in to another script so that they could make it a Die Hard movie for the name and money.

MG

Vengeance never felt like a proper Die Hard film to me, but I still quite enjoyed it so I can't complain too much. 1&2 were similar films, they felt like two parts of a franchise; Vengeance could have been any characters and the link to Hans was extremely weak, it felt like they just threw that in to another script so that they could make it a Die Hard movie for the name and money.
Yeah, 1 and 2 were very similar and Vengeance was a different sort of movie... but Vengeance was a bit more unique and McClane was under more pressure, his personal life had fallen apart, his wife had left him, he was resorting to alcohol, he's not perfect, and I love him for not being your typical American adventure hero. It just had more to it than 2, where McClane is back together with his wife in a silly American happy story.

Plus, Vengeance had Samuel L. Jackson and we all know how amazing he is.

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
Vengeance is the shiznit, my favourite for sure. Only real debate is Rickman vs Irons, and you have to give it to Rickman. Still, Irons' performance is far more German and so he squares up nicely as a villain. Rickman > * though. Just because.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Out of all the motherfecking terrorist in the world, I killed one with a shoe size smaller than my daughter.

That alone is worthy :P

It's good, back then, we want pump adrenaline action movie, and the good thing about die hard is that it got a sense of realism (not anyway), the McClane is just a normal ordinary cop doing extraordinary things, while getting bruised all over along the way.

Bear Attack

To be honest, I thoroughly enjoyed all of them. Die Hard isn't the type of film where you judge the acting or cinematography but merely by its entertainment value. If I am tired from work and I go home to relax, it's fecking A to see Die Hard playing. Classic action movie with some very funny sequences. Great Christmas action movie; one of the best.

Eriku

"come to the coast, we'll get together, have a few drinks, have a few laughs..."

One of my fave moments is when he tries that trick with his feet... Also sets him up for some bad odds with his bare feet.

If Elvis reckons the acting screws this up, how the feck can he rate an Arnie film higher?

You're a funny chap Elvis, but a bit spasticated at times.

dmode

Die Hard III is my favourite, Lt. John McClane will remain as a hero in the minds of a lot of people for ages.

Member 39557

That's it. I'm going Christmas movie crazy over the next few days. Die Hard is no 1 on the list!

Lynott

It's definitely not as good as I remembered it to be. In fact it's pretty shit.
For me it was the best action movie until the Bourne's. Still in my top 5 though.

Brilliant film and Rickman was excellent.

Lance Uppercut

Can I ask you a question? What sets off the metal detectors first, the lead in your ass or the shit in your brain?