Diego Costa has had his contract terminated at Atletico Madrid

Robbie Boy

They tried shifting him in the summer with no takers. He's been poor and injury prone for a good while now.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s not that old is he? Like 32-33? Wouldn’t be a bad signing for Arsenal imo. He’s actually got a bit of grit & fight in him, something they sorely lack.

I would have taken him as backup striker if we didn’t get Cavani.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Would be a bad move for Arsenal.
Would he be? They've lacked an edge for a long while now. I think he'd do well for them. But they'll likely continue their trend of a record red cards under a new manager.

RUCK4444

He a shite sight worse than Auba (even if he’s out of form right now.)

Watch Arsenal spunk big wages on him and leave bigger holes in the squad.

Pep's Suit

Atleti signed him back for 60M and he scored only 12 goals in 61 Liga games and 1 in 11 in CL in those three years. That amount of money they wasted on strikers / attacking midfielders is absolutely unbelievable.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Horrible player who offers nothing but a lack of discipline.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's scored 9 league goals since September 2018 if I've counted it up right.

Fearsome striker in his day but if he couldn't score much at Atletico Madrid where he's adored I don't see him doing it anywhere else major.

Didn't he want to go to China in his final Chelsea season? That could be an option.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He's scored 9 league goals since September 2018 if I've counted it up right.

Fearsome striker in his day but if he couldn't score much at Atletico Madrid where he's adored I don't see him doing it anywhere else major.

Didn't he want to go to China in his final Chelsea season? That could be an option.
Chinese league is cutting down on ridiculous wages.

Brophs

The One and Only
Just what Arsenal need: an ageing striker on a big contract who doesn’t score goals anymore.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Chinese league is cutting down on ridiculous wages.
Maybe MLS and Inter Miami or Atlanta who like the hispanic players.

Interesting he hasn't hung around to try to get another title winners medal as he was still involved farily regularly in the team so suggests he's got something lined up and whoever it is would have no chance of paying a significant transfer fee.

Zoo

Maybe Wolves depending on what’s going on with Jimenez. Can’t see Costa messing around with Nuno either.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Maybe Wolves depending on what’s going on with Jimenez. Can’t see Costa messing around with Nuno either.
He'll get a much better side than Wolves (not to mention he'll want more money than they could offer).

He'll join his mates Luiz and Willian at Arsenal I reckon.

Acole9

Outstanding
He was meant to be going in January anyway. They're just speeding the process up.

Robbie Boy

We got £54 million for a player who wanted out whose form fell off a cliff. We're usually on the other end of those deals.

Also, this is how I usually deal with Costa stuff....

Oh good deal on your end. I more meant it looked like he would seamlessly slot back in at Atletico and hit the ground running.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Since rejoining Atletico in 2017, he has 19 goals in 81 matches. Don’t think there’s ‘still a player in there’ at this point.

stu_1992

He'll get a much better side than Wolves (not to mention he'll want more money than they could offer).

He'll join his mates Luiz and Willian at Arsenal I reckon.
Arsenal much better than Wolves? Not sure about that. In terms of club prestige obviously, but more likely to do something at Wolves than Arsenal presently.

Zen

They signed him from us less than 2 years ago for £54 million as well. Not a great deal for them.
A lot of the financials are now so out of whack that selling unwanted players is hard, or basically next to impossible, it's actually pretty respectable of Costa to be willing to terminate it from his side. Man Utd would be begging for numerous players to do that, though maybe not since the talks of are they want to extend Lingard for ... reasons?

By all accounts RM basically paid Everton to take James off them, and Spurs are paying next to nothing of Bales wages. Man Utd suffered similar with Sanchez.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s done. He’s nowhere near the player he was and I always doubted his age due to how frigging old he looked at 21 :lol:

duffer

Scout
A lot of the financials are now so out of whack that selling unwanted players is hard, or basically next to impossible, it's actually pretty respectable of Costa to be willing to terminate it from his side. Man Utd would be begging for numerous players to do that, though maybe not since the talks of are they want to extend Lingard for ... reasons?

By all accounts RM basically paid Everton to take James off them, and Spurs are paying next to nothing of Bales wages. Man Utd suffered similar with Sanchez.
He only had 6 months left on his contract and will get a big fat signing on fee wherever he goes. He's going to benefit from this financially in a big way.

Tarrou

hope he comes back to the Prem

we haven't had a troll like that since.. well the last time he was here

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
He only had 6 months left on his contract and will get a big fat signing on fee wherever he goes. He's going to benefit from this financially in a big way.
Exactly, nothing to commend there

duffer

Scout
Arsenal much better than Wolves? Not sure about that. In terms of club prestige obviously, but more likely to do something at Wolves than Arsenal presently.
Wolves are not going to do anything as a club that Costa would care about. Top 4 or a cup at best.

And yeah, I was talking about Arsenal being a bigger club, not a better side currently.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Might do for Chelsea given how their style of play seems to mean they can only score from crosses at the moment. Him and Giroud might be the answer!

Okey

I think Wolves makes more sense too, even if an initial short term deal. Strong Portuguese speaking culture in place. Glaring hole for him to fill. He'll probably destroy any semblance of harmony the Arsenal squad have left if he rocks up there.

GazTheLegend

Surprised this isn't in the transfer forum.

Only a matter of time before we're linked. Horrible bastard but we've had a few of those play for us.