Dimitri Oberlin Mfomo

Ringo 07

Manchester United are signing Swiss sensation Dimitri Oberlin Mfomo in the summer – and beating a host of European giants for the teen star, writes Alan Nixon in the Sunday People.

The 16-year-old attacking midfielder is choosing Old Trafford as his current deal at FC Zurich runs out.

Swiss youth sensation Mfomo can move for a low compensation fee and United will offer him an attractive package to join.

United look set for a busy summer with Hoffenheim midfielder Roberto Firmino reportedly being watched.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ted-snap-up-16-year-old-3222610#ixzz2vTQJeLiK
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Our third Swiss signing after Castro Pereira and Janko if this happens.

KM

I saw a player named Next Januzaj in one of the gossip columns last week :rolleyes:

Keenst

Oberlin Mfomo eh? The name resembles Obafemi Martins, I hope we've made sure it's not him in the guise of a 16 year old. The sneaky fecker.

lysglimt

Scout
this is a case of mixed letters

Oberlin Mfomo = Merlin Of Boom

In other words, a hardhitting wizard

And it will be a busy summer because we are also watching Firmino...ehm yes - that is one way of putting it.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
I saw a player named Next Januzaj in one of the gossip columns last week :rolleyes:
It was probably Timo Werner of Stuttgart, 17 year old attacking midfielder/striker. Coincidentally he wears the #44!

Decotron

Manchester United are reportedly close to signing the teenager when his current deal with FC Zurich expires.

While most of the recent headlines surrounding Manchester United’s summer transfer business have focused on the superstar-signings David Moyes has reportedly identified, he is also likely to continue the club’s impressive youth recruitment.

According to the Sunday People, the latest starlet set to move to United is Dmitri Oberlin Mfomo. But who exactly is he?

Here are five facts about the player:

1) Mfomo is a 16-year-old Swiss-born attacking midfielder who currently plays for FC Zurich under-18s. If that club sounds familiar, it is because United signed another starlet, Saidy Janko, from Zurich last summer. Janko has since impressed for United’s under-21 side and is tipped for a big future at the club.

2) Mfomo is close to the end of his current deal, meaning he can leave for a low compensation fee in the summer.

3) While Mfomo is predominantly an attacking midfielder he can also operate either as a second striker or as a loan target man.

4) The teenager has seven caps for Switzerland’s under-15s, for whom he has scored two goals. He also has three caps for his country’s under-16s, and has netted on one occasion.

5) United were one of a number of top clubs who have been monitoring the player, but despite that considerable interest it is being reported that he has chosen Old Trafford as his next destination.

jb8521

He played in the blue stars cup against united last season where we spotted Janko playing for Zurich who won the tournament. He came on as a striker in the final and looked strong and pacey playing 3 years above his age group. Hes the lad making the run and shot at 43:25

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I actually remember watching part of that youtube to get a glimpse of Janko and being more impressed by what now turns out to be Mfomo. His being 3 years underage makes it even more impressive.

jb8521

I actually remember watching part of that youtube to get a glimpse of Janko and being more impressed by what now turns out to be Mfomo. His being 3 years underage makes it even more impressive.
Yeah same here I presumed he was one of their older players but turns out he was the youngest

jb8521

Just had a look on the Zurich website and hes scored 7 in his last 4 games for their under 18 team and plays mostly as a striker

khoazany

He's playing for Switzerland U17s today against Scotland.Already scored 1 in the first half.

Would be nice to have him playing upfront with Rashford behind for the U18s for the next two seasons (I'm not writing off Croskery before anyone jump at it)

Last edited:

khoazany

He's always described as an AM in articles, and yet whenever I hear about him playing it's as a striker.
My friend who watched him in U17s Euro said that he played on the wing for Switzerland but was really dangerous whenever he's been switched to play upfront.

KeaneRoy

he was named as one of the top 10 players of the U17 European Championship in some article I read, any update on if he's signing for united?

jb8521

he was named as one of the top 10 players of the U17 European Championship in some article I read, any update on if he's signing for united?
His contracts up in June well probably find out then. He made his first team debut for Zurich last week

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
FFS, Ed can't even get youngsters to sign for us, the mans a no hoper. Just in case.

Ringo 07

This club has taken a severe beating from Moyes on every level and might be a good while before we can attract the best youngsters in Europe again...no CL football does not help attracting the games brightest young stars

KM

This club has taken a severe beating from Moyes on every level and might be a good while before we can attract the best youngsters in Europe again...no CL football does not help attracting the games brightest young stars
Both of them aren't even remotely related.