5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Not at all, Dalot was one of the better players today, people are just overreacting like always. The second goal was 90% Diallo's fault for losing his man.
I would've posted the same reaction to his performance had we drawn 1-1. His touch and his passing, in the second half especially, was atrocious.

criticalanalysis

Judging from the comments i take it the bad Dalot turned up today?
Was probably our best outfield player in the first half alongside Garnacho. Second half was doing alright until the last 20 mins where he played some poor passes or had some poor touches. As for the goal, I thought he could have done a bit better but I'm not surprised he was a bit half hearted. He's our Kyle Walker constantly bailing our midfield/backline with high intensity last man sprints covering the counter threat and then also our only right wing penetration as well as being one of two midfielders, who can actually control a ball under pressure.

Not a great game but the amount of work/positions and things he covers is not sustainable to do at a high or even consistent level especially with the shit on a stick football we play. I even mentioned it in my previous comment in this thread last week.

lilcurt

Not his best game but feel he is one of the only players who puts a solid shift in, usually being consistently good.

Red-17

Isn't the whole point of playing with inverted fullbacks to help you control possession and prevent counter attacks? We seem to lose all of the benefits of playing with an overlapping fullback and get none of the benefits.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I heard in the 1st half he was ok but that 2nd half showing was a fecking disaster.

NZT-One

Judging from the comments i take it the bad Dalot turned up today?
Wasn't worse than the rest of the team. Simple reminder that his peaks may as well be outliers even though some of his fans think they are the new normal

Mike Smalling

Dalot seems to be a scapegoat for many people. He's been decent lately, even if he's not a top class right back. Not one of our major problems, in my opinion.

criticalanalysis

Wasn't worse than the rest of the team. Simple reminder that his peaks may as well be outliers even though some of his fans think they are the new normal
Or it could be one of our best outfield players this season had a below par game, in once again an extremely poorly coached team where he has about 3-4 different roles (see my previous post), which I would argue no else comes close to performing comparatively speaking in the team?

You've not posted in here the past two weeks and straight after a loss, you're here to 'contextualise' his form. I know we have a reasonable back and forth with your rating of Dalot but at this point, you really should caveat every single post of yours in this thread with 'I do not rate Dalot'. You've already said as much tbh!

Slevs

likes to play with penises
So is everyone over the customary 3-4 good games he had in 3 months, as is the usual with him.

Can we go back to normal and say this guy's average performances/skills/IQ are below the standard required for a top club?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think he's consistently one of our top 5 performers. And he's one of our top 5 youngest players every week.

He also plays far better with a right winner in front of him (like Garnacho), and when tasked with pretty much running the whole wing on his own, he'll struggle more. But either way, not concerned about him. There's many positions that need addressing (both starter and depth) before we get to him.

NZT-One

Or it could be one of our best outfield players this season had a below par game, in once again an extremely poorly coached team where he has about 3-4 different roles (see my previous post), which I would argue no else comes close to performing comparatively speaking in the team?

You've not posted in here the past two weeks and straight after a loss, you're here to 'contextualise' his form. I know we have a reasonable back and forth with your rating of Dalot but at this point, you really should caveat every single post of yours in this thread with 'I do not rate Dalot'. You've already said as much tbh!
Mate, I tried to be as balanced in my post as possible. No issue with the bolded part, I just doubt that it means anything at all. Performances and results are well below the expectations. Being the best of a subpar bunch, I agree, it is something. But it isn't something, that should be put too much meaning on. I haven't posted in here because there was nothing to note. He was alright. Had a few good scenes a few bad ones. This is what I say in this thread from the beginning.

Lets face it, it wasn't like he was the sole shining light out there today in a sea of sorrow. All it was, was a slightly below average performance. I don't think, he was much worse than in any of the prior weeks. That is why I have my standpoint - I do not see the world class potential. If you do, that is good. We can talk about it but don't go into my supposed posting behaviour. It feels like you are setting yourself up for some "agenda" attack against me and that isn't of any use for anybody. There is no need to get defensive - I haven't attacked him.

criticalanalysis

Mate, I tried to be as balanced in my post as possible. No issue with the bolded part, I just doubt that it means anything at all. Performances and results are well below the expectations. Being the best of a subpar bunch, I agree, it is something. But it isn't something, that should be put too much meaning on. I haven't posted in here because there was nothing to note. He was alright. Had a few good scenes a few bad ones. This is what I say in this thread from the beginning.

Lets face it, it wasn't like he was the sole shining light out there today in a sea of sorrow. All it was, was a slightly below average performance. I don't think, he was much worse than in any of the prior weeks. That is why I have my standpoint - I do not see the world class potential. If you do, that is good. We can talk about it but don't go into my supposed posting behaviour. It feels like you are setting yourself up for some "agenda" attack against me and that isn't of any use for anybody. There is no need to get defensive - I haven't attacked him.
That's fine, not my intention. The whole 'best of a subpar bunch' criticism is valid in isolation and make senses considering the many false dawns of our players in the past 10 years but perhaps a bit too easy of a blanket cover to use to evaluate the performances. I think we're never going to agree that I think he does have 'world class' (I'll use this because you have but again it's bit much) potential and is performing in spite of this shower of shit. Let's leave it at that.

Andersons Dietician

Been mention a few times over the last few seasons that we are a moments team and he is a bit of a moment player. He has moments where you’re like ok he actually is quite good then others where you’re like ummm ok maybe he is not that great after all. Today just seemed like he had one of those days where he had more bad moments than good.

padzilla

Hipster
I think he was very poor today but he's been one of our better players this season.
That said, we aren't going to challenge at the top if he is a regular starter.

SirScholes

He’s a poor defender that’s decent at going forward
Gets caught ball watching every attack

NZT-One

That's fine, not my intention. The whole 'best of a subpar bunch' criticism is valid in isolation and make senses considering the many false dawns of our players in the past 10 years but perhaps a bit too easy of a blanket cover to use to evaluate the performances. I think we're never going to agree that I think he does have 'world class' (I'll use this because you have but again it's bit much) potential and is performing in spite of this shower of shit. Let's leave it at that.
I agree. Just for the record, I don't want to come across as overly unfair and I also already admitted to have some bias towards him. It really doesn't help that players I have been suspicious about in the last years, namely Bruno, Rashford and Shaw show stuff this season, that make me feel right on them...
I think, Dalots physical attributes have improved a lot from last to this season. This is definitely something, that is already a strength of his and I think, it will be become a significant strength in a short time. I also think that his technical level is really good. Definitely sufficient to play Manchester United rightback. Currently, I have some issues with his decision making which is something, that certainly can improve with more experience. So the basics for him to become a really good player are there, don't want to take that away from him. What I miss is the spark. The spark that players like Alba, Cancelo or Davies have. I would want all Manchester United players to have that but obviously, this is big ask and I know that. I certainly don't consider him an urgent point on the sporting directors list and with Shaws trajectory, Dalot is probably more safe than him. But in my view we really need an attacking weapon on the fullback position. I actually don't care whether left or right.

jesperjaap

Is Bissaka injured or something, why is this guy regularly starting over him?

People saying he is getting harsh criticism is maybe fair, people saying he has bene one of our better players I disagree with. He is average defensively and overall average going forward, at least Bissaka is a very good player in most aspects defensively. We really should be looking at signing an excitign attackig right back this summer as DAlot people keep callign one, he isnt, he is to right back what Lindelof is to centre back, very average

criticalanalysis

I agree. Just for the record, I don't want to come across as overly unfair and I also already admitted to have some bias towards him. It really doesn't help that players I have been suspicious about in the last years, namely Bruno, Rashford and Shaw show stuff this season, that make me feel right on them...
I think, Dalots physical attributes have improved a lot from last to this season. This is definitely something, that is already a strength of his and I think, it will be become a significant strength in a short time. I also think that his technical level is really good. Definitely sufficient to play Manchester United rightback. Currently, I have some issues with his decision making which is something, that certainly can improve with more experience. So the basics for him to become a really good player are there, don't want to take that away from him. What I miss is the spark. The spark that players like Alba, Cancelo or Davies have. I would want all Manchester United players to have that but obviously, this is big ask and I know that. I certainly don't consider him an urgent point on the sporting directors list and with Shaws trajectory, Dalot is probably more safe than him. But in my view we really need an attacking weapon on the fullback position. I actually don't care whether left or right.
It's fine, I get it. We all have PTSD watching Utd over the years and we all each manifest that in many different ways. Some call every player shit, some deride the manager when we don't challenge the title after one season, some give a massive leash to the manager or players because if we don't, the alternative is just basically becoming bitter about our performance, which again is totally warranted. Heck some even in this same thread think Dalot is the Lindelof equivalent at right back and/or rate AWB higher.

As for the players in bolded, I agree and understand. My simple but more nuanced take on it, is that all of those players have actually shown really good sustained performances and growth in their individual and team play. However, because we are so poorly coached year and year on, a good player (as I would call them during their peaks and the same as I would of Dalot right now) can only perform in such a dysfunctional set up. I don't excuse the performances of Bruno, Rashford and Shaw of these past two seasons but their decline was so predictable with the way we play. I've already noted several times that Dalot really puts his body on the line and performs many roles at a high intensity and good technical level; it's so predictable I even said this last week I was worried about his stamina. Now I'm not saying he played below par today solely because of fatigue but it's a definite factor imo because we give up so much of the ball and play ping pong football. Some, like yourself, I suspect would simply pass this off a player, whose form has dropped and their earlier good form was an anomaly but I think that's overly harsh. Bruno, Shaw and Rashford's peak form imo was largely in spite of Ole's shite tactics and simple coaching and 'carried' the team to results. Same can be said of Rashford's goal last season. Same can be said of Dalot becoming a one man right wing at times this season.

As for Cancelo, not sure if you've seen my post but I mentioned him in this thread:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/diogo-dalot-2023-24-performances.478047/page-33#post-31634727

Irwin99

People saying he is getting harsh criticism is maybe fair, people saying he has bene one of our better players I disagree with. He is average defensively and overall average going forward, at least Bissaka is a very good player in most aspects defensively. We really should be looking at signing an excitign attackig right back this summer as DAlot people keep callign one, he isnt, he is to right back what Lindelof is to centre back, very average
He's had a far better season than AwB who hasn't put any form together and has been injured a fair bit it seems. The first half of last season Dalot played better than AwB too.

Edit- just looked it up and AwB has only made 17 appearances this season according to the player performance thread. Didn't think it was that low.

Ekeke

I think he had a fairly good game including his shot off the post until the final 15 or so minutes where he made some poor choices and errors. In that last period he was a problem and his defending on the winning goal wasnt good enough. Let himself down

jesperjaap

He's had a far better season than AwB who hasn't put any form together and has been injured a fair bit it seems. The first half of last season Dalot played better than AwB too.

Edit- just looked it up and AwB has only made 17 appearances this season according to the player performance thread. Didn't think it was that low.
Disagree, think Bissaka was looking good this season and improving going forward. For me both have weaknesses and are not good enough to be the regular first choice right back. The reason I would keep Bissaka as bar his positioning he is very good defensively, one of the best one v one defenders, so he serves a purpose.

Bissaka has played as many good games as Dalot this season, think its a case of people forgetting as he hasnt played for a while.

This is the problem with both of them and several other players too. Generally they have been so poor to average at best in there careers hee, that they string together 4/5 decent appearances and we are just talking decent, not exceptional and suddenly they are good enough.

I am a fan of Bissaka but neither are good enough to be the first choice, but I would be playing Bissaka over Dalot any day of the weak and lookig nto replace him this summer with a proper attacking full back, something I keep seeing him labelled as when he really isnt

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I think he had a fairly good game including his shot off the post until the final 15 or so minutes where he made some poor choices and errors. In that last period he was a problem and his defending on the winning goal wasnt good enough. Let himself down
Agree. It's like he's got difficult controlling himself when he's fatigued. He was overhitting more and more passes and taking heavy touches in the last 15-20 minutes.

led_scholes

He starts because he is just far better than AWB, even defensively. He has improved a lot and now is arguably one of the better RB in the league. AWB is not even in the top 5 English RB.

Gar&Nachos

For me Dalot has improved but plays a big part of our defensive problems.

Players get away with him with so much ease on the left opposing wing & I believe it's part of the reason we let so many shots against us during in 90 minutes.

He has made some great last minute challenges (things that wan bissaka does all the time) but has also improved some crossing ability.

For me however, I see way too many late goals that come in from Dalot's lack of spacial awareness where people get behind him & where he is there just ball watching and the ball goes past him and leads to a goal - usually as Dalot acts plays like the last defender on the goal line with Onana whilst the ball has reached an unmarked opposition.

I prefer Wan Bissaka. His attacking ability is not as great but neither is Dalot's, just a few bit better with accuracy and power of crossing & shooting but Wan Bissaka makes last minute tackles, blocks off the opposition LW, has improved his back post heading (let in 5+ goals last season but has dropped to 1 or at max 2 this season), makes goal line clearances whilst having an unorthodox dribbling ability that looks like he can't dribble but still gets away from high intensity pressing by dribbling or passing at the right time. Wan Bissaka's biggest weakness is when he gets forward to play attacking that he jogs back to defend like he knows he isn't getting back in time so doesn't even try.

I'd prefer getting a world class attacking RB to take over from Dalot & keeping Wan Bissaka as an alternative option. Though it's arguably not as important as the LB. I think Dalot's arguably better at LB than RB in some of the performances I've seen.

I think Wan Bissaka & Kobbie Mainoo could act well together because of their ability to avoid the press creating a triangle between Mainoo, Wan Bissaka & Garanacho.

Nottingham Forest 0:1 Man Utd

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
PotM.

Solid defensively, created two clearcut chances for McTominay, very composed on the ball etc.

One thing he could improve along with the rest of our fullbacks is keeping up with the defensive line. Too often a bit deeper when the others are trying to play the oppo player offside.

Pronewbie

Peep
Didn't watch the Fulham match but other than that, it's 3 matches on the trot where I didn't notice a single major brain-fart moment. If he can keep this up he'll be our steady eddie.

jem

I kind of think he is our best player these days (well Martinez is, but he's hardly been available this season.)

Bobski

Great match, showed real quality on the ball, defended well, might be the best game he has had for the club, clear MOTM for me.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
MOTM for me. Only really put a foot wrong with some dodgy positioning towards the end where he was behind the rest of the defensive line for no apparent reason, but got away with it.

Very tidy and assured with and without the ball on either side of the pitch otherwise.