Foot: Right
Player Agent: Proeleven S.A.
Squad Number: #20
Contract until: Jun 30, 2028
Contract Option: Club Option 1 Year
Date of last contract extension: May 31, 2023
Outfitter: Nike​

IHateTheEightyEights

As usual, no comments when he plays and his fanboys can't pretend he was amazing.

Not good at anything. Get rid.

SAFMUTD

He's not only not improved but he's regressed so much since the world cup, can't defend toothless in attack. We should sell him right now before he becomes deadwood. It's clear he doesn't have the quality nor the commitment to make it here.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We progress the ball up the right flank a lot better when he is on the pitch compared to Wan bissaka

lostcauz

We progress the ball up the right flank a lot better when he is on the pitch compared to Wan bissaka
I think it’s difficult to compare them when Real had made so many changes by the time Dalot came on, we had more control and possession second half.

bosnian_red

I think it’s difficult to compare them when Real had made so many changes by the time Dalot came on, we had more control and possession second half.
They had Valverde, Kroos, camavinga in midfield. It's fair to give credit. Part of it is Antony actually holding width and receiving naturally on his left while Bruno can't play out there in games like today, but a big part is also how and where dalot moves and his passing vision. It's the clear thing he has over Wan Bissaka and while Wan Bissaka has improved plenty, he's still pretty horrific at actually progressing the ball.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
AWB progressed the ball way better than Dalot in this game. Dalot is more conservative in his movement and doesn't open up his body as easily as AWB which leads to him taking an extra second on the ball which slows down the attacking progression. Passes was sloppier too by Dalot when comparing them in this game. Not sure how you came away with that conclusion.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I was surprised he got a new contract. Maybe because he has value as an asset more so than a player for our very best starting 11.

I see more uses in awb even as our 2nd RB & feel like we can get a better attacking RB over Dalot.

This isnt about/after todays game.

Last edited:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Where was Dalot for the 2nd goal? Willaims was at the RB side of the defence when he was a LB.

Defensive positioning for the Wrexham and the RM games has been poor. The goals were all unchallenged -- with the exception of that offside goal.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I was surprised he got a new contract. Maybe because he has value as an asset more so than a player for our very best starting 11.

I see more uses in awb even as our 2nd RB & feel like we can get a better attacking RB over Dalot.

This isnt about/after todays game.
Why is that surprising? He seems to be a decent backup RB/LB. Not unexpected he got a new contract since we have bigger issues to worry about and will not fix all positions in one summer.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Where was Dalot for the 2nd goal? Willaims was at the RB side of the defence when he was a LB.

Defensive positioning for the Wrexham and the RM games has been poor. The goals were all unchallenged -- with the exception of that offside goal.
That was on Martinez. He switched off completely.

But yeah, if we need a scape goat for a preseason match we can blame it on Dalot.

bosnian_red

Excellent first half from him. He provides so much in possession, if he could find some consistency and rhythm again like the first half of last season, he could be a big plus for us.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Excellent first half from him. He provides so much in possession, if he could find some consistency and rhythm again like the first half of last season, he could be a big plus for us.
Agreed, nothing he could do about the goals and generally had a good half going forward.

Fantastic finish also.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Fingers crossed he wins that RB position to start the season. I'm willing to leave with him being suspect defensively than let AWB completely collapse that ride side when it comes to any semblance of build up play or just playing any decent football.

Dalot on this tour has mainly played with the kids and reserves yet he's been integral to the good football we'd played. His time on the time was fruitful when it came to playing good football and building up play. Our right side didn't just die and we actually started some build ups from there. Fingers crossed he regains his first half of last season form. Would be good to have an entire backline goalkeeper and all back 4 good footballers with no one to target when opposing teams want to press.

mavradal

Agreed, his attacking movement is too much of an advantage compared to Wan Bissaka and his defense is not worse either. Hopefully his performance in his last match will be enough to convince Ten Hag into making him a starter which should provide him enough minutes to improve his form.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Two games, two silly mistakes by our RB's.

We will have to upgrade on them quickly. Coming January or Summer.

criticalanalysis

Mistakes aside, if the plan is to have Martinez and Casemiro dictating play, then we need Dalot's willingness to play with the ball, take players on to invite the press etc. Shaw on the other end was terrible.

I hope he finds the form that he did at the beginning of last year. Need it massively because we have no other players capable of dictating or help progress play at the back. Bruno and Mount are literally 20-30 yards away from the play when we start from the back.

Xaviboy

Think someone like Pavard be excellent for us at RB, especially with the inverted full back system we play, pushing inside. Much better on ball then both Dalot and AWB.

Jacob

Never really liked him, not even at his best. AWB doesn't sit right either. Would love a new RB.

TsuWave

The idea of Dalot as a player is much better than the reality of Dalot

El Jefe

A mistake from him and not even half a page of posts. The AWB agenda couldn't be clearer from a large section of people on here.

Eddy_JukeZ

Unconvinced by him and AWB honestly as a long-term starter.

I suspect we'll be looking for a first choice RB next summer.

Said this in AWB's thread after the Dortmund game, but Dalot has some brain-fart passes in him at times just like AWB.

-Supreme-

About time we concede from one of these sloppy passes that I’m happy we’ve done it in a meaningless game. These mistakes will be punished even more this season when we’re expected to play a much higher line, we have got to stop these lazy passes that happen so regularly even from our most experienced players.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
A mistake from him and not even half a page of posts. The AWB agenda couldn't be clearer from a large section of people on here.
Wan-Bissaka is clearly ahead of him. It infuriates me when people say Dalot can attack because he's not capable of that either, he's just pure mediocre.

philippexyz

Dalot is actually 8th most priced right back at the Transfermarkt website(tied for 6th actually) and i have no idea why. Probably one of the most overrated footballers in the world right now.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He was awful in that first half and a really poor mistake for their goal. He was significantly better in the second half though, so at least he showed abit of character to bounce back.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Wan-Bissaka is clearly ahead of him. It infuriates me when people say Dalot can attack because he's not capable of that either, he's just pure mediocre.
Hmm, I wonder how clear it is in ETH's mind.

Even though I have a preference for Dalot generally I'd still start the season with AWB. But yesterday was effectively our strongest available eleven and it was Dalot who got the nod. I wouldn't exactly be suprised to see him picked ahead of AWB for GW1.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Hmm, I wonder how clear it is in ETH's mind.

Even though I have a preference for Dalot generally I'd still start the season with AWB. But yesterday was effectively our strongest available eleven and it was Dalot who got the nod. I wouldn't exactly be suprised to see him picked ahead of AWB for GW1.
Hmm, This is just pure bias from a fan that doesn’t rate AWB.

Dalot fecked up yesterday and showed that his 4 month piece of form is just a purple patch whilst AWB is a more consistent player across a whole season even if he can offer less in the attacking side of a team.

It’s quite cool how you see and guard Mount but just don’t do so with AWB - just a bit of bias making it sound like truthful opinion.