5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

NotQuiteManc

He’s not very quick thinking is he! Gets into some positions going forwards but his end product is worse than AWB.
I think he is more careless than anything. The "switch" is off more often than not, resulting in this type of scenario and loose passes.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
And this was what, his 4th or 5th time covering at LB? I think many of you made your judgment a long time ago.
It doesn't matter if he plays left or right, he's never been good enough.

miked99

Was I the only person that saw that fantastic sliding interception just after half time that saved a certain goal? Without that we would not have won this game.

redIndianDevil

Absolutely useless player. For the life of me I don’t understand why we chose to extend his contract. He does absolutely nothing, is not intelligent, not quick enough. Made the most brainless fouls, in dangerous areas.

Every teams seem to find intelligent fullbacks on the cheap. Why do we persist with such average players.

Sylar

That freekick where he was sleeping on Bruno's passs sums him up. He was sleeping after asking for the ball, in a position where he was left alone.

Why is he there if he's not expecting the ball to come to him? Crazy :lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not very good. His new contract surprised me because he has admirers on the continent.

GMoore23

Not going to be too harsh on him today. First start of the season and playing on the wrong side to boot. He had plenty of good games for us last season and is a decent rotation RB.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
We badly need a left footed Center half that can play left back too. I worry about our defensive solidity.

At this point I would also consider signing another CB, preferably left footed. And moving Martínez to left back as he’ll spend most of his time inverting into defensive midfield anyway.

That way we can revert to a proper back three during games when we need to, and when he steps into midfield you have Martínez and Casemiro shielding the defence, which is a fearsome proposition.

Just another thought at giving us versatility and in the biggest games more ruggedness.

Idxomer

Was I the only person that saw that fantastic sliding interception just after half time that saved a certain goal? Without that we would not have won this game.
I remember it because it was the moment I expected Onana to come sweep and he didn't.

Definitely his best action in the game.

Ollie Derbyshire

Probably the next one to be upgraded if he doesn't improve this season.
We need more from both Dalot and AWB, but I’d sell Dalot, keep AWB and buy an upgrade if possible on both.

Our team lacks creativity from right back for an elite side.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Worst outfielder today. Offered whoever was on the left flank no support. Changed my mind about needing a new LB in temporarily.

Long Time Red

I'm not his biggest fan but it was his first start of the season today.

Deserves a few games before we should be overly critical.

Hopefully he'll be better against Saka next Sunday.

criticalanalysis

Does some good then does some bad. I like his intentions and what he tries because at least it's somewhat progressive and you can see the thinking behind it.

He's a ball playing full back, who doesn't have a mature or experienced game yet. I hope continues to get games because he has an interesting profile.

Will be very interesting to see how he performs against Saka..

Lebo

Do people watch the same game as I do? They guy wasn’t having a spectacular game but he wasn’t terrible either. He covered LB well for a 3rd choice player there. I’m not sure if people were expecting prime Evra or what.

Funny enough he played better today than Shaw did against Wolves without similar outrage. I honestly think our RB is less of a problem compared to LB.

caid

Do people watch the same game as I do? They guy wasn’t having a spectacular game but he wasn’t terrible either. He covered LB well for a 3rd choice player there. I’m not sure if people were expecting prime Evra or what.

Funny enough he played better today than Shaw did against Wolves without similar outrage. I honestly think our RB is less of a problem compared to LB.
Thought the same. I like him. Thought he had a few good clearing headers too.
Random article that seemed to rate his performance when i went looking for stats - https://onefootball.com/en/news/man...ng-comeback-win-vs-nottingham-forest-38106974

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's been here 5 years, we've had enough time to judge him.
Joined at 18. Got injured for more than a year including the recovery. 3 different managers and a loan spell in that time.

Lots of different variables. What I like about him is his resolve. During his bad injury, before he left for Milan, he was determined to make it here and there was no negativity from him. It's so easy in his position to go into a mental slump. He never did and had his best season under EtH. So did AWB.

I really don't get at times what people expect from full backs. It's the players that run the most in the modern game, have to be quick and are most frequently left exposed 1v1 against the most difficult opponent on the opposition side. Yet they're also expected by fans on here to be as creative as the wingers?

Teja

I thought he was pretty good today - more natural than Shaw in that inverted LB role. He was playing literal #10 several times. Defensively was alright as well? I think he was caught out once or twice.

Howl

That’s actually impressive so where is this hate coming from?
Biased opinions. People also don't seem to understand Ten Hag clearly instructed him to play as an auxiliary midfielder rather than a wingback, so they are upset that he wasn't overlapping constantly. He came into the midfield really well, always provided an option for a pass, and was generally good defensively. I'm also not sure what there was to complain about.

Robaldo

Incredible. The one player in our team playing out of position today and some people are singling him out for criticism despite him being pretty good...

city-puma

He needs to play as many games as possible to run onto a great form. People need to be patient.

mu4c_20le

Incredible. The one player in our team playing out of position today and some people are singling him out for criticism despite him being pretty good...
Umm he was poor on both goals and MEN gave him a 4, second lowest behind Martial..

Robaldo

Umm he was poor on both goals and MEN gave him a 4, second lowest behind Martial..
"He was poor on both goals": watch the first goal and tell me what Diogo Dalot, who was in the Forest box, was supposed to do about Awoniyi running past three United players (none of whom were Diogo Dalot) before scoring.

I am genuinely very excited for the rationale that you are about to give because it will have to be spectacular.

Second goal; he's given a free kick away, fine. But even then it's not a blatant mistake.

caid

I'm a pretty big critic of Dalot but thought he was ok yesterday. Whether ok is good enough is the question.
Not to overtake city. Clearly we cant spend 100m+ on fullbacks anytime particularly soon though so ...
I like the intention with Dalot, I dont think it'd take much to push him up to a very good level. And generally the attitude has been in the right place, which feels a bit shaky in the wider squad.
I think i've stopped caring about city a bit. If its a question of is he good enough as a back up full back vs. what Arsenal have, or what liverpool dont have then he's good enough.
I'm not looking for or expecting a Reece James season from the guy. A good run of form for a couple of months when needed and a better, more consistent low level the rest of the time.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
EtH would prefer to sign/loan out of form Cucurella than rely on Dalot. Kind of tell how high (or low, in this case) EtH rates Dalot as LB.

Can't blame EtH after he watched Dalot against Forest.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We gave this clown a new contract.

Ekeke

Great performance. It was all in defending and none in attack, but he had lots to do and did it all well. He maybe gets a bit overlooked for his defending because of AWB's strength in that area, but since he came back from Milan he's always been up for lots of ball winning and competing for the ball. He has still made mistakes defensively in that time but that happens at every club from the fullbacks. Today he didnt make them and is the main player who deserved to be on the winning side and wasnt

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
He can held his head high. Played out of his natural position and closed down his flank.

Hopefully Reguilon is fit soon so he can be an option for the right.

Sanchez7

Very good today, Probably contained Saka better than Shaw has managed in recent times.

He really does have all the ingredients to become a top player and is just missing that final push. Hopefully he can kick on.

Telsim

MotM for me.

Defensive colossus outside of his natural position.

Leaves much to be desired going forward.

Based Adnan

MOTM for us though that's not saying much

Dealt with Saka well with all of Arsenals threat coming down our right