g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Diogo Dalot image 20

Diogo Dalot Portugal flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

NZT-One

Was expecting him to have a more difficult afternoon with Saka but he fared just fine with it. Don't know if I want to call it good, he wasn't awful, thats for sure but he did his job and was sticking out negatively.

Abraxas

Defended well on his wrong side but really struggles to be useful offensively and with his passing on that side as well.

Long Time Red

Shame he sold himself for the last goal but otherwise was excellent today and did far better against Saka than Shaw has done in recent seasons.

saivet

Played well today and dealt with Saka all game. He was a lot more aggressive in defending than Shaw has in recent games against Saka.

criticalanalysis

Arguably our Motm.

I've always said he's got some very good attributes. He's underrated athletically with his height, leg coverage, size and speed along with being fairly nimble, decently technically and a good progressive type of footballing mentality. It's just putting it all together.

If we had a midfield that could hold its own, all of our players including him would find their jobs much easier.

DarkXaero

Did great defensively, but struggled with forward play on his weaker side. Still overall, one of our best performers today, he took Saka out of the game.

Sylar

Handled Saka much much better than Shaw last season

Shame he sold himself for the last goal but otherwise was excellent today and did far better against Saka than Shaw has done in recent seasons.
It made sense, was last minute, if he doesn't dive in and jesus shoots first time he's not getting close. He gambled jesus would strike it when he cut back

Sara125

Had saka in his pocket, contrary to what most of us, myself included, expected when we saw the line up

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Once again looking more comfortable on the left than he regularly does on the right. Great covering at that back post all afternoon.

kundalini

Super performance apart from a terrible left foot pass that got cut-out that wasted a counter-attack after he'd won possession. Defended really well. Had a shot blocked. Headed clear numerous dangerous crosses.

Long Time Red

Handled Saka much much better than Shaw last season

It made sense, was last minute, if he doesn't dive in and jesus shoots first time he's not getting close. He gambled jesus would strike it when he cut back
He should just let him finish with his left foot, you can't allow him to come inside on his right foot from that position.

Game was over so didn't really matter but it was his only real mistake today.

arnie_ni

Man of the match. Not sure what he was doing on rice's goal though. He was on the post and either should have stayed there he pushed put to rice. Instead he slide inside. Was odd. But he played very well

philippexyz

Good game, I was very surprised in how well he handled Saka. Wasn't useful going forward on his wrong(left) side of the pitch, which is understandable. I didn't know he had it in him to play defense against the best RW in the world right now, probably.

criticalanalysis

He should just let him finish with his left foot, you can't allow him to come inside on his right foot from that position.

He should have in hindsight but it also should have allowed Onana to close down the space, which he didn't. That's on Onana imo.

Lebo

Do people watch the same game as I do? They guy wasn’t having a spectacular game but he wasn’t terrible either. He covered LB well for a 3rd choice player there. I’m not sure if people were expecting prime Evra or what.

Funny enough he played better today than Shaw did against Wolves without similar outrage. I honestly think our RB is less of a problem compared to LB.
Well today he did better than Shaw usually does against Saka.

Dominos

This is the Van Dijk method of defending that has seen him just casually watch players score over the last 12 months, because he doesn't want to ever look silly when a player dummies him.

It's one of those impossible situations, if he just lets him score with his left everyone is baffled why he's just allowed him to shoot. If he tries to block then he gets sent to the shops.

I agree the best statistical outcome for us is probably to let him shoot, but I've no doubt people on here would then be questioning why he's made no effort to block.

Dominos

Very good game, I was terrified of Saka going into the match and it's the quietest I've ever seen him.

He defends his back post from crosses very well.

Drizzle

One of the bright spots from today's match. I don't recall a single Dalot blunder moment.
Apart from gifting Havertz an easy chance with a stupidly fluffed clearance in the first half? And messing up an easy through ball to Antony on a counterattack?

To be fair, they were pretty much the only mistakes, but there you go.

Pronewbie

Peep
Apart from gifting Havertz an easy chance with a stupidly fluffed clearance in the first half? And messing up an easy through ball to Antony on a counterattack?

Knew there had to be at least one. My stream died a couple of times. Still he was solid overall.

Irwin99

I keep saying it but i'm disappointed with the Rice goal the more i see it. Yes Evans may or may not be being fouled but Dalot and Maguire both shift to the centre when one of them could have followed the ball and closed Rice down who took a touch before getting a pretty tame shot away. Why do both of them just tuck in? get out and block the shot!

Overall though he had a good defensive game. Passing was a bit iffy at times.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Outstanding performance, shame he's gave that for a the losing team.

Doracle

Man on the match for us today. Barely put a foot wrong. Deserves a lot of credit for how he dealt with Saka.

Adamsk7

Thought he was excellent. Happy to have him as LB until Shaw returns. He has REALLY improved his back post defending, to the point where he’s actually the best of our full backs in that area.

Has to be sharper with his passing though

Eddy_JukeZ

He was excellent defending Saka all game.

Can't really complain about his performance.

DarkXaero

He didn't gift havertz the chance, his clearance header hit martial and fell into the path of havertz. That's not a mistake, unless you have a ridiculous standard of what a mistake looks like.

Devil You Know

Incredible today.

Dalot has his weaknesses in certain situations, but his man-marking can't be questioned.

The next time we're up against a top class right winger, he should get the nod ahead of Shaw and Malacia.