5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

CasaStreets

Jose was right about him and his potential. If the team doesn’t progress in the next 12-18 months, Madrid will be tapping him to replace Dani Carvajal.
Yep, now one of the best right backs in Europe

Once again he was dominant on his flank and popped up all over the pitch.

Player of the season

Idxomer

He was bought for 20m and looked overpriced for a long period and now he feels like a bargain.

Flying high

He's been threatening to put in a performance like that for a while.

1 or 2 mistakes, but as a whole that was a magnificent performance.

Ollie Derbyshire

He’s totally turned my opinion of him around, he’s been excellent this year, possibly our player of the season. Long may it continue!

Irwin99

I'd give him our POTY at this point. Someone else said it but he's the one player in the defence (that collectively played pretty well, despite the 3 goals) who is capable of playing comfortably from the back. You don't really fear him being pressed.

At 25 he could be a first team player for years to come. Never thought i'd say that a few years ago :lol:

Gordon S

Is he as much of a midfielder as fullback now? Our own Lahm.
Looks good in there

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I thought he was absolutely immense today. Easily an 8/9 out of ten. His press resistance, his passing, his defensive covering was all absolutely top top class. I think most importantly of all, he’s got the attitude of a Man Utd player. Doesn’t let his head drop, celebrates little victories through the game. I think he just gets it. I hope to god we give him the team platform to get the reputation he deserves because make no mistake that’s as good a performance from a fullback as you’ll see this season.

Oranges038

He was excellent today, brilliant at dropping in and getting the ball deep, defended well, got forward well. Probably one of his best games.

eire-red

Excellent again. He has the physicality, technique, mentality and is now adding that consistency and decision making in his game.

chris123

He looks really excellent inverting into midfield, and looks completely comfortable receiving the ball when the defence is under pressure. Going to be a really valuable player for us going forwards.

Dan_F

I’ll die on this hill. It’s incredibly hard for defenders and midfielders to play consistently well for top Premier League teams at young ages. As a forward, people forget about your mistakes quickly as more chances will come. As a defender especially, you’re far more exposed.

He’s making a lot of people look a bit silly now. I remember having a discussion on here about Malacia, with someone saying that players over 23 aren’t really going to improve from that level.

Resonance

Thought he was very good today, kept popping up in midfield and giving us different passing options. He has improved and become a more rounded player under EtH.

AndyMUFC

He's been so good this season. His ability on the ball when he inverts into midfield is so good, it was basically him and Mainoo in centre midfield at the times in the first half in particular.

Could be quite useful if we're going to persist with trying to fit Mount/McTominay and Bruno in ahead of one midfielder, and I'd not be opposed to seeing him tried in midfield altogether like a Lahm.

TempusFugit

Said it a few months ago and I'll say it again: we would have to be very stupid to sell Dalot and "improve" on the RB position. Believe me there aren't many around who are better than him. If Dalot keeps improving he'll undoubtedly be world-class. He's strong, quick, good at dribbling and has the passing range of a top CM. We'll soon realize how smart we were to tie him up on a new contract because he'll start getting alot of attention soon.

Stadjer

Seems like only a very short time that some didnt even want to keep him as a squad player or rotation option for left back and right back. Dalot has been excellent this season.

Paddymcc

My MOTM and I've criticised him a lot

He looked very good pushing into no6

eire-red

Media would be waxing lyrical about that performance if it was TAA or Reece James.

Dalot goes under the radar because he's not as involved in the attacking third. He's more of a Zanetti or a Lahm type RB that is very important to the team but doesn't get the recognition outside of his own team and fans.

arthurka

ETH must get credit for allowing him to play constantly on the right for a while now. Dalot looks like a player.

MrBest

120 mins of consistency, made one mistake from what I remember. Only 24, feels like he has been here forever, progressing very well. Cemented right back in my opinion.

criticalanalysis

ETH must get credit for allowing him to play constantly on the right for a while now. Dalot looks like a player.
Yes. Ever since Shaw got injured, people have been saying he should play on the left in place of Lindelof, AWB, Amrabat etc. He's clearly got the quality to play there but it's largely nonsensical because he's our only consistent player playing in his best position and pretty much putting 6.5-8/10 performances regularly.

It's not the issue that Dalot can't play there, it's the fact that displacing him from that position gains nothing because someone else without the same quality will still have to be play on the RB. It's a double whammy.

Last edited:

Mike Smalling

He's really, really good at playing out from the back and defending one vs. one now. I'd still like to see him improve his crossing and decision making in the final third, but he's become a very good right back. Also really fit and always available. It's one position I feel we don't have to worry about next year.

He’s turning into a top right back. Was always comfortable on the ball but he was taking it off Onana in the first phase of possession and evading pressure with shoulder drops multiple times.

Some brilliant turns and passes tonight. Especially in the first 40 mins.

Defensively he’s come on leaps and bounds. Also he’s never injured, supreme fitness.

Will eat some humble pie, after he got destroyed by Danjuma in the CL 3 years ago I wrote him off completely.

And agreed, he’s probably been our player of the season. Hopefully he wins the award, but I can see Garnacho winning the fan vote.