Diogo Dalot (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Supreme-

What's the benefit to Man Utd for loaning him out. He only comes back next season back into the team or he really shines and the club wants him?
Or he wastes another season here and not getting any game time? We're already struggling to sell him this summer and I don't think sitting on the bench (if he even makes it) for another year will help...

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What's the benefit to Man Utd for loaning him out. He only comes back next season back into the team or he really shines and the club wants him?
We couldn’t offload him properly. This was the only way the club managed to get rid for at least a season.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He can play for sure and think this would be a good curve for him. There is obviously a player somewhere.

1 year is too much in football and anything can happen.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Another young player who's pissed away a couple of key years of his development at United.

Should be a warning to any young player considering this club.
His injury record did that for him, nothing to do with United.

arthurka

We are a joke probably the only player we should be able to get rid off with ease.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Had big hopes for him, remember the home game against Fulham where he was swinging in some beautiful crosses and I thought we'd found our new Rb for the next 10 years... then the injuries came.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Had big hopes for him, remember the home game against Fulham where he was swinging in some beautiful crosses and I thought we'd found our new Rb for the next 10 years... then the injuries came.
Didn't he play LB in that game? :lol:

Carl S Bridge

I join your minority. Injuries didn't do him any favours as it's hard to show improvement and impress if you can't even play, but I don't think Solskjaer ever fancied him anyway.
Probably cause he's awful. Against Brighton on Wednesday he just let people stroll past him.....

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
30 million Euros for Dalot and 27 million euros for Andreas. No wonder we could not sell them outright.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Who do Milan have as fullbacks?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

We valued an average fullback at €30m? No wonder so many of our players are overpaid. The people signing the cheques have no grasp of value in football.

Castia

Didn’t live up to his potential but I’d still have him over Forsu-Mensah. If AWB got injured we’re left with TFM or Williams? not exactly reassuring.

ti vu

We valued an average fullback at €30m? No wonder so many of our players are overpaid. The people signing the cheques have no grasp of value in football.
Same shite as when we got 10 mil offer for Darmian. Decided to play hardball, and kept him for a season with little use to sell him under tree fiddy. At least Dalot is young, and a loan may help with his valuation.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Didn’t live up to his potential but I’d still have him over Forsu-Mensah. If AWB got injured id be a little worried about our options at RB.
I think the idea is to get Telles, move Williams to RB cover, offload TFM if possible and potentially get Laird involved in the first team setup.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Didn’t live up to his potential but I’d still have him over Forsu-Mensah. If AWB got injured we’re left with TFM or Williams? not exactly reassuring.
hopefully Ole shows balls and sticks laird in there asap.

Dalot needs a full seasons football either way. He won’t be worth any less next year whatever he does in Italy so everyone wins especially if his value goes up. I think he’ll turn out to be a good player with more experience. Too much too soon moving here and terrible luck with injuries since.

crossy1686

career ending
30 million Euros for Dalot and 27 million euros for Andreas. No wonder we could not sell them outright.
That's fecking insane prices for what they are. No bids for any of our deadwood and two loans with no obligation to buy on them. These are two players that have won nothing yet we're trying to sell them for premium prices. Take €10m and just get them off the books. You can't win all your bets, just cut your losses.

WPMUFC

we value Dalot at 30 million and by reports we bid 9 million for Telles and seemingly have no desire to cooperate. Judge and Woodward going full "rattles out of the pram" this window

crossy1686

career ending
we value Dalot at 30 million and by reports we bid 9 million for Telles and seemingly have no desire to cooperate. Judge and Woodward going full "rattles out of the pram" this window
It just looks like they've gone full metal jacket. Turning into the most difficult people to negotiate in the whole of Europe.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It just looks like they've gone full metal jacket. Turning into the most difficult people to negotiate in the whole of Europe.
it was their stated objective to lose their reputation for being taken for a ride, so this is the fall out of that.

crossy1686

career ending
it was their stated objective to lose their reputation for being taken for a ride, so this is the fall out of that.
But you can be tough negotiators without being completely unreasonable. Walking into meetings and telling people at what price they're going to sell their best players to us is just fecking bizarre. So we get 3 seasons of this now before they feel like they don't have a soft rep anymore? Absolute shit.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
But you can be tough negotiators without being completely unreasonable. Walking into meetings and telling people at what price they're going to sell their best players to us is just fecking bizarre. So we get 3 seasons of this now before they feel like they don't have a soft rep anymore? Absolute shit.
I agree with you. But we are dealing with ex bankers who’ve never needed to learn people skills during their formative career years.
And we have enough anecdotal evidence to confirm that Woodward and Judge don’t adjust their style to accommodate footballing people.
So this is their version of becoming tougher negotiators and the corporate face of our club for foreseeable future.

MattofManchester

If he stays fit, he could do well.

Bet some of the people writing off a 21 year old will be the same people talking about how they saw his potential in a season's time.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I still think he has some decent potential. Maybe a change of scene will do him good.

Mickson

If he stays fit, he could do well.

Bet some of the people writing off a 21 year old will be the same people talking about how they saw his potential in a season's time.
Just because you are 21, it doesn't make you have potential automatically. Dalot will never be good enough for United, that's why Ole is trying to sell him.

Judas

Open to offers
I think it'll do him the world of good. He's got something there, but a change of scenery and club for a bit might just get him going again. Still have doubts over him long term, but who knows.

MattofManchester

Just because you are 21, it doesn't make you have potential automatically. Dalot will never be good enough for United, that's why Ole is trying to sell him.
Yes, because the entire Porto coaching staff who thought of him as one of their best academy prospects were all wrong, but oh so great and holy Ole is always right.

But I won't argue, we'll come back to this in a season.

acrebo

One of the young players I’m most disappointed hasn’t made it here (yet, possibly...).

When he first turned up he reminded me of a young Ronaldo, in the way he plays with the ball. I was utterly convinced he’d be moved into a wing position as he’s certainly not a defensive fullback.

There’s something about him that I still think can come through - hence I think a loan at a good club in a competitive league will do him really well.

Mickson

Yes, because the entire Porto coaching staff who thought of him as one of their best academy prospects were all wrong, but oh so great and holy Ole is always right.

But I won't argue, we'll come back to this in a season.
I understand your point, but I trust my judgment too and I say that he will never be good enough for United. Hope I'm wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.