Diogo Jota

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Great signing for depth and versatility. I don't think he has the quality to be a long term replacement for Mane or Salah though.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
He is only 23, plenty of time to develop and can play right across the front line.
I like him a lot as a player but I haven't seen much so far to indicate that he has that elite ceiling Liverpool probably want in a Mane/Salah replacement. But I certainly could be wrong. I do think there is a possibility that the Wolves tactical system has constrained his ability to express his talent somewhat and that he could break out significantly when put into a more attacking setup and surrounded by better players.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Feels like Liverpool played Bayern. Only had to pay €5m up front for Thiago, presumably dragging their heels as funds are apparently very tight, then instantly moved for Jota for an even bigger overall fee.

pacifictheme

what the heck are Wolves doing?! Weird piece of business if it happens
I get the impression wolves have a deal with mendes. He gets them great talent for a good price and if a bigger club comes in they sell for a reasonable amount.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I get the impression wolves have a deal with mendes. He gets them great talent for a good price and if a bigger club comes in they sell for a reasonable amount.
Just an impression? Mendes has a financial interest in the company that owns Wolves.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I like him a lot. I'm surprised he's going for such small money, but Liverpool have got a superb squad player there for their attacking depth. And Thiago. Very impressive.

And it seems they kept things under wraps.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
If as seems Ki-Jana Hoever is going in the opposite direction for circa £10m why wasn't he included in a potential deal for Jota, do the two clubs in question just love doing paperwork?
There'll be a financial incentive for both teams to make it two separate deals.

Davie Moyes

IMO we are now seeing part of Liverpool's well thought out strategy to act as paupers and get players on cheap. Credit to them. Totally opposite to our Ed "we can do things other clubs can only dream of" Woodward.

Whilst they are going to pay the 20m for Thiago spread over the duration of his 4 year contract i.e. 5m a year whilst Utd are being asked to pay nearly all of the fee up front for Sancho. Utd were also forced to pay Maguire and AWB fees big chunk up front too.

bsCallout

Already fed up with this season.

Wanted Jota before we got Ighalo, now the dippers have bagged him and Thiago for what, 40 mil upfront?

Northstand

Impossible. They were on the verge of having to use tax payers money to furlough their staff just a few short months ago.
Absolutely this. Amazing how quickly it’s been largely forgotten that Liverpool tried this on.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Absolutely this. Amazing how quickly it’s been largely forgotten that Liverpool tried this on.
Ultimately no one really cares so bringing it up now means little. At the end of the day they are incredibly well run and it’s sickening.

Josh 76

Probably, I don't think he's that good personally, not really arsed about this one. I'll still stick the thread on ignore after they've signed him though, mind.
Best signing since the PL started.

Acole9

Outstanding
I think he's making a mistake. He's not getting ahead of that front three.

Northstand

Ultimately no one really cares so bringing it up now means little. At the end of the day they are incredibly well run and it’s sickening.
Yeah, you’re right. It’s merely yet more evidence of the moral cess-pit that modern football resides in.

pacifictheme

Just an impression? Mendes has a financial interest in the company that owns Wolves.
Oh yeah of course he does, knew I had that in my head for a reason. So yeah, mendes does the club a favour and then they do the player one.

We really are run by some jokers, would have been a good option for us and we here wasting time on Ighalo.

Last edited:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We really are run by some jokers, would have been a good option for us and we here wasting time Ighalo.
35m is way too much for him. They just got lucky with Thiago but bar that they are actually shopping cheaper options.

cyberman

Good signing. Cant see where he would have fitted in for us but he'll bench Firminho before Christmas.

Saying that, its like 60 games by then

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He was an important player for Wolves last season. £35m seems like a bargain.