Diogo Jota

Feed Me

I'm hungry
So when is this lad going to get linked away from Wolves?

Instrumental in their promotion season, took half a season to get to grips with the PL but has been brilliant since the team went to two up front and he got paired with Jimenez – one of the most potent pairings around at the moment.

He's lightning quick, got a fantastic engine and seems to be one of these modern flexible forwards that can operate across the frontline and spring the press. He also seems to be something of a bastard on the pitch in the Hererra mould.

Robbie Boy

He started the season really poor but he’s been very good the last few months. Himself and Jimenez have really formed a good partnership.

hn4manunited

You can tell that team missed him when he was out for the last couple games.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He is more suited to counterattacking football. Struggled to adjust coming from the Championship but improved with Jimenez on the second half of the season. He is well there imo.

ROFLUTION

He is more suited to counterattacking football. Struggled to adjust coming from the Championship but improved with Jimenez on the second half of the season. He is well there imo.
Thats about it for me too. A level like United, Spurs or Liverpool would still be too much I think.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wonder if Atletico Madrid have a buy back clause?

Ekeke

I think he's one of those players who posters dont want to see succeed because he doesn't look flashy enough, but he's quite aggressive and determined so can easily improve a lot over time and prove a lot of people wrong. Those kinds of players are great to have in your squad

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Wonder if Atletico Madrid have a buy back clause?
No, they signed him and Jonny on loan with option to buy, already activated that clause with no buy back option.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, I agree.

Parallels with Mahrez a bit, I think. A player who is obviously talented enough to (probably) make the step up, but is at his best in a side lower down who will afford him the luxury of going through sticky patches as players like him would naturally do.

I think he works a fair bit harder than Mahrez ever did, but the comparison works all the same.

passing-wind

He should be a real priority, we need to give Martial competition on the left, would take him or Zaha for that position.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I really like him, and together with a lot of those Wolves players he has that little bit of edge to him. Like everything he does has a purpose, and he knows that so he just does whats in front of him. It works for him and you have to love his direct style and relentless pressing.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yeah, I agree.

Parallels with Mahrez a bit, I think. A player who is obviously talented enough to (probably) make the step up, but is at his best in a side lower down who will afford him the luxury of going through sticky patches as players like him would naturally do.

I think he works a fair bit harder than Mahrez ever did, but the comparison works all the same.
That system there takes the best of his qualities. At a top club he would have less space to exploit imo, anyway they won’t sell him.

meamth

This guy is crazy good. He is not the biggest of guys but he holds the ball so well and most of the times he can escape difficult situations with his immenss technical ability.

We used to have players like him playing for us up front, but now we're stuck with Lukaku, Rashford who prefers to use their "pace" to shake off opponents. Poor stuff.

I'd have Jota here, he is the right player for us if we want to play beautiful football.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
This guy is crazy good. He is not the biggest of guys but he holds the ball so well and most of the times he can escape difficult situations with his immenss technical ability.

We used to have players like him playing for us up front, but now we're stuck with Lukaku, Rashford who prefers to use their "pace" to shake off opponents. Poor stuff.

I'd have Jota here, he is the right player for us if we want to play beautiful football.
Rashford is 1 year younger and with much more international experience. And the same can be said about Lukaku.

Chekhov

Supports
A wife and three kids
He and Jimenez both improved immeasurably once they were paired up top together. They've developed a great partnership.

In any case, yes, Diogo's is a fantastic player now. Unbelievably dangerous.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He's only 22. It's only bias that will stop people admitting that he's better than Martial and Rashford.

Blind

I think he'd look good in any system, just a really technically sound, quick, creative player with loads of energy which is exactly what the current United team needs.

Mahrez was mentioned above but he's a one trick pony and isn't as quick as Jota. It's a very good trick, but given that Jota's only 22, I can see him developing into a more rounded and better player.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Wolves are backed by billionaire's, I'm not quite sure where the notion that their players are going to be poached is coming from.

Wolves will be making a massive push in the coming window to break into the top six.

Robbie Boy

Wolves are backed by billionaire's, I'm not quite sure where the notion that their players are going to be poached is coming from.

Wolves will be making a massive push in the coming window to break into the top six.
Especially given he only signed permanently for this season. No chance he’s moving anywhere anytime soon.

Robbie Boy

He's only 22. It's only bias that will stop people admitting that he's better than Martial and Rashford.
Wait, what? You’re literally the first person to make that comparison. Anyhow, the Martial and Rashford threads are utterly toxic and negative. Seems like no one really rates them...

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
His ability to draw and win fouls from opposition players is Hazard-like also. And there is no higher compliment than that. He gets so many players booked too.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Wait, what? You’re literally the first person to make that comparison. Anyhow, the Martial and Rashford threads are utterly toxic and negative. Seems like no one really rates them...
They're toxic and negative for good reason. We are extremely mediocre now which is why such average talents are celebrated.

Jota, aside from his ability, absolutely demolishes Martial when it comes to work rate and desire, while his consistency is miles ahead of Rashford.

Irrational.

Agreed with the consensus on here. He's a young, hungry player that has flown under the radar but he's excellent.

It's amazing how many Wolves players would get into our team.

From their current squad I'd take Coady, Doherty, Moutinho, Neves, Jota and Jimenez. All of them would be an upgrade on our current options.

Just goes to show how much we've regressed :(

Feed Me

I'm hungry

It will still take a number of years for Wolves to breaks into the elite bracket and it may never happen. Footballers like Jota are playing in the here and now.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Agreed with the consensus on here. He's a young, hungry player that has flown under the radar but he's excellent.

It's amazing how many Wolves players would get into our team.

From their current squad I'd take Coady, Doherty, Moutinho, Neves, Jota and Jimenez. All of them would be an upgrade on our current options.

Just goes to show how much we've regressed :(
I watch a lot of Wolves and many of the players you mention are very good but a number of them are very much systems players – such as Coady and Doherty.

Two other extremely underrated players are Jonny (Spanish left wing back) and Boly at left centre half.

He will be a star, but I think Neves has had a mixed season and been outshone by Moutinho; no shame as the latter is a legend.

They also have a young like called Morgan Gibbs White who has a touch of the Fabregas about him.

Well run club and their manager looks absolutely outstanding.

Patchbeard

Looked rubbish at first in the PL, disappointing as I thought I was being clever in fantasy football. Different player now though, plays and looks like a much more experienced player. Surely he'll be called up for Portugal soon?

Robbie Boy

They're toxic and negative for good reason. We are extremely mediocre now which is why such average talents are celebrated.

Jota, aside from his ability, absolutely demolishes Martial when it comes to work rate and desire, while his consistency is miles ahead of Rashford.
But who’s disagreeing with you is my point? Both threads are toxic as both have massively underperformed. The club needs a massive clearout and I think 99.9999% are in full agreement.

Robbie Boy

Oh, fair enough.
You would be hard pushed to find many that would say they would have preferred Rashford or Martial over Jota this season. But the problem is that Wolves play as a cohesive unit with actual team unity. Throw Jota into our shsmbolic setup and he would probably struggle too. He’s definitely the right profile of player for us going forward but I don’t see him as attainable just now.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
You would be hard pushed to find many that would say they would have preferred Rashford or Martial over Jota this season. But the problem is that Wolves play as a cohesive unit with actual team unity. Throw Jota into our shsmbolic setup and he would probably struggle too. He’s definitely the right profile of player for us going forward but I don’t see him as attainable just now.
I take your point. We are like a graveyard for basically every new footballer that walks through the door.

Jota looks every inch the sort of player that Liverpool will end up signing and then he'll be the new Mane.

Chelsea should be keeping tabs on him for when Hazard fecks off.

Bonjers

Supports
Wolves
He was carrying a knock at the start of the season, but he's so important he carried on regardless.

After a little break and good performances for the Portugal u21's, he's been absolutely outstanding since December. He's more valuable than anybody else in our squad and continues to stress how much he loves the club.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He was carrying a knock at the start of the season, but he's so important he carried on regardless.

After a little break and good performances for the Portugal u21's, he's been absolutely outstanding since December. He's more valuable than anybody else in our squad and continues to stress how much he loves the club.
You tweaked your system as well at some stage, right?

I seem to recall Wolves playing a CF with two inside forwards.

At some point that changed to a pairing of Jota and Jimenez and that pair hasn’t looked back.

There aren’t many genuine strike pairings around anymore but these two have been putting teams to the sword on their own at times – sensational link play.

Bonjers

Supports
Wolves
You tweaked your system as well at some stage, right?

I seem to recall Wolves playing a CF with two inside forwards.

At some point that changed to a pairing of Jota and Jimenez and that pair hasn’t looked back.

There aren’t many genuine strike pairings around anymore but these two have been putting teams to the sword on their own at times – sensational link play.
Yes, we're very much 3-5-2 now rather than 3-4-3 where he was on the left of a front 3.

I'd say the knock he was carrying was the main reason for the somewhat below par start to the campaign for Diogo, but no doubt the formation switch is what has overall pushed us on significantly. His partnership with Raul is phenomenal.