Diouf joins Ole's squad

oskarutd

Diouf joins Ole's squad

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has named Mame Biram Diouf, Gabriel Obertan and Danny Welbeck in a strong squad to face Sunderland Reserves on Thursday evening.

The Reds' second string are finally back in action after gap of over five weeks between games, and the trip to face last season's champions provides a welcome return to competitive football for Solskjaer and Warren Joyce's charges.

Senegalese striker Diouf, fresh from scoring his maiden senior goal last weekend, partners Welbeck upfront. French winger Obertan is likely to start on the left of a four man midfield, also comprised of Matty James, Corry Evans and Oliver Norwood.

Goalkeeper Ben Amos presides over a strong back four of David Gray, Ritchie de Laet, Oliver Gill and Joe Dudgeon. A substitutes' bench bursting with talent features Ron-Robert Zieler, Scott Moffatt, Cameron Stewart, Sam Hewson and Kiko Macheda.

Thursday's game, at the Eppleton Colliery Welfare Ground, kicks off at 19:00GMT. MUTV's live coverage begins at 18:30GMT.

United: Amos; Gray, De Laet, Gill, Dudgeon; Norwood, C Evans, James, Obertan; Welbeck, Diouf.
Subs: Zieler, Moffatt, Stewart, Hewson, Macheda.

source:manutd.com

Boothy

DIOUFFFF

Good to see him get some action, although I expected him to make an appearance on saturday, probably not now

Decotron

Excellent. Id say there will be a full programme of reserve games coming up after the cold snap. hopefully MUTV will get cameras to all the matches.

Delighted to see Kiko on the bench. He will get games in the first team once he's fit again. We could of done with him of late.

twitter thread suggester
Well this should to be fun. Expect streams near kickoff on the usual sites.

prateik

no rio , no vidic , no hargreaves ..
if the one doesnt score 4 tonight , i might kill myself

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I'd be interested to see the progress james, Evans and Norwood are making.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Surely we're looking to send a few midfielders out on loan? With Rodrigo back (and Pogba and Tunnicliffe knocking on Ole's door) there just doesn't seem to be enough games to go around for such a large pool of CMs. There should be no lack of interest in the likes of Evans and Hewson from League One or possibly even The Championship.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
good to see Macheda back on bench

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Good to see Kiko back on the team sheet, but disappointed that Hargreaves has not made the bench. Really thought he might get a few minutes.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
With the O'Shea news I guess we need to pay particular attention to De Laet, and maybe even Dudgeon and Gray.

CallyRed

Will definitely watch this one!

Will be interesting to see Diouf and Obertan link up, as well as Welbeck as the front three.

Virtuoso

Looking forward to this, an exciting attacking line-up and great to see Macheda on the bench. Hope he regains match fitness soon because we can really do with him as another option for the first team.

datura

Surely we're looking to send a few midfielders out on loan? With Rodrigo back (and Pogba and Tunnicliffe knocking on Ole's door) there just doesn't seem to be enough games to go around for such a large pool of CMs. There should be no lack of interest in the likes of Evans and Hewson from League One or possibly even The Championship.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Evans on loan. Hewson would probably be available for a permanent transfer I'd imagine.

Does anyone know if Eikrem is injured?

Shimo

If someone who is watching the game could keep this thread updated, would much appreciate it.

Tevez's Mum

Kia Joorabchian's Ho!
Good to see him getting some action, might be needing him more over the next few weeks if Berba struggles for fitness, and Fergie still refuses to play Owen and Roo together.

prateik

gray back from plymouth

the one has a terrific leap :drool:

obertan .. tricks , no cross

datura

Sunderland unlucky not to take the lead, a cross eluding all their players across the 6 yard box, then Amos makes an excellent save from Weir diving to his right to tip it around the post.

datura

1-0 Diouf

Fantastic clipped finish over the keeper.

He picked up the ball from a long crossfield punt and took it past the defender and beat the onrushing keeper extremely calmly. V impressive.

jb8521

Ball over the top controlled into his stride by Diouf and lobs the keeper from an angle to make it 1-0