Diouf Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
He scored 1 his brother scored another but he was involved in them all if i'm correct, (google translate be damned!!!!)

Chris H

Video Posting God
I was promised 4 goals a game. Can't pretend I'm not disappointed.

mexos

Academy player
He only scored one goal, two other was scored by Pape Pate Diouf, which is not his brother. His brother is named Mame Mbar Diouf and haven't played for Moldes first team. But I think Mame Biram Diouf got atleast one assist. I've heard he did well today, Molde now plays him in the middle instead of out on the wing, where he has been playing since Manchester United bought him.

He also travelled back from South-Korea after an international on Wednesday, don't know how he did there but impressive to show so good form nonetheless after massive jetlag. I think he got home yesterday or something.

That's todays Mame-news.

Gambit

He only scored one goal, two other was scored by Pape Pate Diouf, which is not his brother. His brother is named Mame Mbar Diouf and haven't played for Moldes first team. But I think Mame Biram Diouf got atleast one assist. I've heard he did well today, Molde now plays him in the middle instead of out on the wing, where he has been playing since Manchester United bought him.

He also travelled back from South-Korea after an international on Wednesday, don't know how he did there but impressive to show so good form nonetheless after massive jetlag. I think he got home yesterday or something.

That's todays Mame-news.
Any mexos news?

Laphroaig

See, play him in the middle, he'll play well and Molde win. They threw away their title hopes by playing him out wide.

Laphroaig

Not anymore. They won 13 successive titles from 1992 to 2004, after that they've only won twice (including this season). Molde were close to them for a while, but ran out of steam. Small squad and loss of form to important players, I suppose.

Gambit

Not anymore. They won 13 successive titles from 1992 to 2004, after that they've only won twice (including this season). Molde were close to them for a while, but ran out of steam. Small squad and loss of form to important players, I suppose.
That and sticking their most prolific striker of the season out on the wing for half of it.

Clique

That and sticking their most prolific striker of the season out on the wing for half of it.
They should rename the thread Diouf Watch by Gambit. But, I'm interested in knowing if anyof our resident caftards have an opinion as to which level he is currently. A lower premier league standard. Mid level team? . From what i know of mame, which is very little admittedly, he seems a very good header of the ball. Infact if i remember correctly all four of his goals during that game were headers. How is his close control, strength etc. etc.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Manchester United | Diouf not affected by move

Diouf not affected by move

Molde striker Mame Biram Diouf insists his impending move to Manchester United has not affected his form.

The 21-year-old was prolific at the start of the Norwegian season but his recent return of four goals in 12 games is considerably worse than his earlier form.

Diouf signed a deal with the Red Devils in the summer but it was arranged that the Senegal international would finish the current campaign in Norway before possibly joining United in January.

However, ever since the transfer was completed Diouf has suffered a dip in form but the frontman is adamant that his big move is not to blame.

"I haven't had any contact with Manchester United after signing for the club," he told Nattavisen.

"I don't wish to have any contact either because it would confuse me. Now it's full focus on Molde and the last games of the season.

"I have to have full focus on Molde as a team and not on myself. I have hardly ever spoken about United with the other players in the dressing room.

"I want as little focus on United before the season ends. I don't focus that much on being the top goal scorer, but it would have been fun if I did."

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
They should rename the thread Diouf Watch by Gambit. But, I'm interested in knowing if anyof our resident caftards have an opinion as to which level he is currently. A lower premier league standard. Mid level team? . From what i know of mame, which is very little admittedly, he seems a very good header of the ball. Infact if i remember correctly all four of his goals during that game were headers. How is his close control, strength etc. etc.
Two with the right boot, one with the left and one header. But you're right, he's fantastic in the air. In fact, he's probably the best header of the ball in the Norwegian league. He's been a bit inconsistent since signing for United (in part due to by being played out of position) but when it clicks for him he's got a lot to offer; pace, power, a very good first touch, quite a bit of passing ability. 8 assists in 27 games suggests he's more than just a goalscorer but whether he can take it to the next level remains to be seen.

mexos

Academy player
Good goal by him just now.

Molde 1-0 Lillestrøm (Diouf '39)

MAME BIRAM DIOUF!

Laphroaig

So, in short. MBD was playing centrally, was top scorer by some margin while Molde were fighting for the trophy. United buy MBD, Jonevret starts playing him consistently out wide, he stops scoring and Molde fall completely out of the race. After they've lost it MDB is moved in centrally again, gets back to scoring regularily while Molde win games again. There is a lesson there, hm. fecking Jonevret blew it.

mexos

Academy player
So, in short. MBD was playing centrally, was top scorer by some margin while Molde were fighting for the trophy. United buy MBD, Jonevret starts playing him consistently out wide, he stops scoring and Molde fall completely out of the race. After they've lost it MDB is moved in centrally again, gets back to scoring regularily while Molde win games again. There is a lesson there, hm. fecking Jonevret blew it.
I think Rosenborg would've won it anyways, but yes, I think Molde would have had more points if Mame was played centrally all through the season.

mexos

Academy player
Mota just came on and he always plays in the centre, which means Mame is probably out right now.

Gambit

I knew that:wenger:

He doesn't suck at the wing, he just doesn't score from there.
At first i thought it may have been done at the request of United as we seem to like getting our forwards to have wing experience, but with the amount of wingers we've got, and the drop in points for Molde, it just seems pointless.

Laphroaig

They've probably played him there because PP Diouf and Mota is even worse on the wing than him. Mexos is right that he's not too bad out wide but he's much more effective in the centre.

They were 2-0 up (now three) when they made the change, so I suppposeit'salright. Except that it hurts MDB's chances tobecome top scorer.

Gambit

They've probably played him there because PP Diouf and Mota is even worse on the wing than him. Mexos is right that he's not too bad out wide but he's much more effective in the centre.

They were 2-0 up (now three) when they made the change, so I suppposeit'salright. Except that it hurts MDB's chances tobecome top scorer.
I'm only guessing they stick him out there to give there other players more centre time as they know Diouf is off soon.

mexos

Academy player
And we're done.

One more game next weekend in the cupfinal and there will be no more Diouf watch.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Decent performance today, brilliantly taken goal (with his left this time). Seems to thrive in scruffy, physical games.

Gambit

With youtube being down, anyone got any links to vids of the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.