Film Disney investor day

Bojan11

The Walt Disney Company will webcast its Investor Day 2020 on December 10, 2020. The event, focused on the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services, is scheduled to begin at approximately 4:30 p.m. ET / 1:30 p.m. PT. The Investor Day is expected to last approximately four hours.

To watch the webcast, please return here up to one hour prior to the presentation to t
est and optimize your connection.
https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney-investor-day-2020/

LOS ANGELES — A significant expansion of the “Star Wars” universe. Tom Hanks as Geppetto in a live-action “Pinocchio,” and Yara Shahidi as Tinker Bell in a live-action “Peter Pan & Wendy.” Footage from new Marvel projects. A star-studded prequel to “The Lion King.”

On Thursday, as part of a four-hour investor presentation focused on streaming, the Walt Disney Company will discuss a Death Star-size trove of coming content — all of the above and more, said three people with knowledge of the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private planning.

Some big-budget Disney movies will continue to have exclusive runs in theaters. (The “Lion King” project, directed by Barry Jenkins and focused on Mufasa’s back story, is a good bet.) Others will debut online. (That is where “Pinocchio” is headed.) All will ultimately serve one goal, which is strengthening Disney+, the company’s flagship streaming service.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/09/business/media/disney-plus-new-movies.html

Starts at 9.30 PM UK time.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Looks like they’re not following WB (HBO Max) lead by including the films with the base subscription. Not sure if they keep the £30/$30 price for the film.

Bojan11

10 marvel and Star Wars series.

Disney plus is going to be amazing in a few years if half of those are any good as the mandalorian.

Tiber

excited to hear about their Latin America STAR plan

Tiber

Looks like they’re not following WB (HBO Max) lead by including the films with the base subscription. Not sure if they keep the £30/$30 price for the film.
Crazy price. I hope every movie starts to come to streaming ASAP, feck cinemas and their £4 coke. But £30 is beyond absurd

Oldyella

They are slowly absorbing all other media, but I'm a sucker for all their stuff, so complaining would be hypocritical.

ha_rooney

I take it this is coming to UK too.
Think so, also means the price is going up. Seen a tweet say it’ll be €8.99 but not sure if that’s per month or for this Star add on. Looks like this is how they’ll add the Fox/Hulu stuff to non-US market.

ha_rooney

They’re going big on new originals & FX stuff. Hopefully all this is on the Star thing for non-US viewers.

ha_rooney

The Star Wars news was amazing... if they’re saving MCU until the end :eek::drool:

ha_rooney

Marvel segment was very cool. Cannot wait for Secret Invasion & Fantastic 4 announced! Confirmed they won’t recast T’Challa for Black Panther 2.

They’ve got so much stuff planned for Disney+ which is exciting, but a lot of it isn’t out until 2022.

Sylar

Marvel have announced a lot of good shit
Heck Disney as a whole

This is awesome as im a sucker for most of this

ha_rooney

Hopefully they clarify if the Star+ content will mean a price increase & what that increase will be... also actually confirm that UK will be getting it too.

Green_Red

10 marvel and Star Wars series.

Disney plus is going to be amazing in a few years if half of those are any good as the mandalorian.
You thought Mandalorian was good? Mandalorian represents everything bad that I expected Disney would do to Star Wars. Its like some cheap b rated TV show. It took 5 episodes into the second series before we even seen a Jedi ffs.

Tiber

Excited by the idea of a Buzz Lightyear (the space ranger, not the toy) movie, somewhat less excited by the idea of Chris Evans doing the voice

I liked the Star Command animated series when I was a kid

Last edited:

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
You thought Mandalorian was good? Mandalorian represents everything bad that I expected Disney would do to Star Wars. Its like some cheap b rated TV show. It took 5 episodes into the second series before we even seen a Jedi ffs.
Mandalorian is ace. The more they keep the jedi out of it the happier I am.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Neither Superhero stuff nor Star Wars interests me. I have Disney only for the premier league here in India.

decorativeed

I don't think people who rate the Mandalorian highly are in the minority. It's been quite the opposite. I'm not totally enamoured with it, as it can be a bit slow at times with some uninteresting episodes, but I don't know how anyone could criticise the production values. I can't think of too many shows that look better.

Also, given the timeline of that universe , it makes sense that there aren't Jedis on every street corner, doesn't it? I don't want to have dozens of them in the series.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I wish there was an app which showed content from Netflix / Amazon / Disney. I always forget we have the other ones, and end up picking something from Netflix
I think the new google chromecast with google TV does something similar to this? Your 'home screen' just collates the things you watch from various services you've signed into on there. And learns more the more you watch.

I'm not sure if it has Disney plus though sadly, you may end up having to just cast that one directly sadly.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
I think the new google chromecast with google TV does something similar to this? Your 'home screen' just collates the things you watch from various services you've signed into on there. And learns more the more you watch.

I'm not sure if it has Disney plus though sadly, you may end up having to just cast that one directly sadly.
I'll have a look. I was thinking more like saying I fancy a comedy film tonight. And instead of looking on them all, it brings up a list of the films across those platforms. Maybe I should try and build it.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
So I reckon they're building up to secret wars on the big screen and Doom. Doom will probably the next big bad.

Theme park :drool: