Dive Watch 2019/20

Hughie77

The only ones who gets a card, seem to be players not in the spotlight of international status! Kane blatant dive he new it to, no yellow?
James been booked twice, on both he was caught! Grealish booked for a pass then went down!! Strange how the both players last season played in the Championship. Have refs got an agenda? I just think they bottle it against the so called bigger players.

Br1_ovi

Supports
F.C. Barcelona
That's not a dive. He puts his body in front of the defender protecting the ball and he is hit by the defender. He was looking for it, but that can be a penalty...

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I thought Arsenal we’re lucky to get away with the Kane one IMO. Clumsy from the defender.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
The only ones who gets a card, seem to be players not in the spotlight of international status! Kane blatant dive he new it to, no yellow?
James been booked twice, on both he was caught! Grealish booked for a pass then went down!! Strange how the both players last season played in the Championship. Have refs got an agenda? I just think they bottle it against the so called bigger players.
I have no doubt that certain refs are influenced by which player has gone down. Maddison & Grealish obviously have a "Rep" now. On the other hand Kane is the golden haired child of English football and is allowed to get away on the borderline calls.

Negative Red

That's not a dive. He puts his body in front of the defender protecting the ball and he is hit by the defender. He was looking for it, but that can be a penalty...
I can't tell if you're joking or not. He's protecting the ball so it goes out for a goal kick? He's clearly sticked his arse out, waiting for minimal contact from the defenders momentum and jumped forward in embarrassing style. He dives regularly and will continue to do so, as he is usually rewarded with a free-kick from referees who must have never played the game at any level before.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
So Caley’s Josh Keatings received a second yellow card for this in the Challenge Cup Semi Final and will miss the final. The club appealed but the panel rejected it.

Crazy decision.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Mad. The ref was literally right over it. How can they deny that appeal? He doesn’t touch the ball and body checks him over?

Reducation

I noticed something unusual on MOTD yesterday. De Bruyne was flying down the left wing, a fella tried tackling him, was a split second late, and De Bruyne hurdled the tackle and continued into the penalty area. It was great to see such a rare occurrence. It added to the entertainment. It's hugely refreshing - exhilarating, even - to see a player not dive after the slightest contact.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Jamie Vardy tried to pull off the same one as the Kane dive in the OP to get Kabak sent off yesterday. Despicable player he is. Leicester literally dived their way to 3 penalties away at City earlier this season, where between he and Maddison, initiated the contact all the time. Might have been two of the three, but I’m pretty sure it was all 3 of them.

Refs have lost interest in carding players, and I feel they are particularly reluctant to card the English players for diving. They are happy to wave away the penalty claims, but there seems to be a mental block which stops them from calling it for the cheating that it is.