Dive Watch 2019/20

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Citizen Promaster Diver looks sexy and affordable, but I prefer dive watch by Harry Edward Kane MBE vs Arsenal 1/9/2019, (credit to @GifLord)

What dive watch are you wearing?

Last edited:

M Bison

Supports
York City
I couldn’t understand that dive yesterday, he was 1 v 1 against sokratis and should have gone at him and tried to get a shot off.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Alli did one as well late on that was excused with "losing his balance".

Commentators will go above and beyond to excuse English players doing it.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Thought that was a cracking dive personally... had me fooled on first viewing.
There's rumor that there was a cracking dive watch produced by Harry Kane before this edition. Have you seen one? Does the watch have a classic or modern look?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Wait, this isn't the Daniel James performance thread?
Those Daniel James' are not a true dive watch. They were wrongly labeled as 100m waterproof by those stupid testers.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Alli did one as well late on that was excused with "losing his balance".

Commentators will go above and beyond to excuse English players doing it.
Any clip on this? Never seen this Alli's watch before. He had some cracking last year editions though.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I mentioned this Kane dive in another thread. He’s a pro at throwing his leg or body in front of a defender at full tilt and then getting bundled over.

Don’t think he got booked for this dive though did he?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I mentioned this Kane dive in another thread. He’s a pro at throwing his leg or body in front of a defender at full tilt and then getting bundled over.

Don’t think he got booked for this dive though did he?
He didn't get booked. I thought "simulation" was an automatic booking? Guess not.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
At least the pundits at the bottom of page said he was looking for it. Jose hit the nail on the head saying you’re never sure these days with VAR, I also think Kane knows this and plays on it, it wasn’t a no contact dive, he does his stupid get in from of a player and stop so there is contact dive. I could see it given sometimes.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I actually love how he is now the top scorer in the North London derbies and about 7 of the goals are from dodgy dives and penalties.

Blueman

Supports
Man City
It's all judgement. Let the ref decide, and let him be called a Judge.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Was shocking he wasn’t booked.

British players are the main culprits of diving in the PL at the moment from what I see. This foreigner thing is a bit of a myth. Foreign players do tend to do other things like roll around and exaggerate contact, but in terms of diving, the English are the worst. Kane has done that before, Alli, Young, Vardy is a serial offender and the king of all - Andrew Johnson at Palace a number of years ago was literally at it weekly.

Rossa

Bad attempt at sarcasm but Where did you get that pearl of wisdom? Gerrard was a master at this art, as was Ashley Young to name but two. Plenty of others as well.
Gerrard diving? No way. Wasn't he the one who complained about foreign players diving and that Liverpool players would never do such a thing, and he would have a go at them if ever they did that. That of course was prior to the CL final against Milan.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Interpretation of rules are surely one of the biggest issues with it.
You will never solve it, it’s part of the game, and quite frankly I enjoy the debate around it. I do wish Kane and Dele would cut it out but gamesmanship, diving and “professional fouls” are part of the games.

AlwaysRed66

It was like that dive/fall against Newcastle when I was being told on here it was a 100% penalty, even though it wasn't.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
You will never solve it, it’s part of the game, and quite frankly I enjoy the debate around it. I do wish Kane and Dele would cut it out but gamesmanship, diving and “professional fouls” are part of the games.
All those things are crap and lead to less quality football in my opinion. Especially professional fouls.