Diversity of West Brom’s squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens the Red

I was just looking at West Brom’s squad and is anyone else amazed at the lack of diversity in the squad both from a nationality and race perspective. I'm not accusing them of anything but its odd as every other team in the league has a decent mix.

It probably says a lot about their style of play too. In the PL you'd expect to have white players in the squad as genetically they are the most intelligent. Most teams also have French or Spanish players as they produce the best footballers in Europe along with Germany. There are also a lot more South American players in the PL because frankly their players are usually a joy to watch and have the extra skill and flair needed in teams.

I find it quite odd that West Brom wouldn't want some of these qualities in their team. I mean it's served them well so far but looking at them you can't help but feel one of the reasons they are bottom is due to lack of intelligence, heading and passing. Pulis was a fecking dinosaur but even he had a diverse team with the likes of Crouch, Adam and Etherington.

My question to the Caf is do you think this is deliberate from West Brom?

ThatDutchPerson

Supports
FC Groningen
Using my first post here ever to comment on “white players are genetically more intelligent”

Wtf

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
I don't understand this diversity stuff. I don't think any manager, Club owner or director will intentionally sign players based on their ethnicity.

Can we just enjoy football and see footballers for footballers they are without looking at other things?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I don't understand this diversity stuff. I don't think any manager, Club owner or director will intentionally sign players based on their ethnicity.

Can we just enjoy football and see footballers for footballers they are without looking at other things?
Well Wenger famously said that he looked for players of African descent as he considered them more athletic.
Comes down the belief you have in stereotypes

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
White supremacy
:lol:
There are a few dinosaurs still around that believe that white players supply the intelligence and discipline while black players have nothing more to offer than: athleticism, strength and stamina.

Don’t think they’d survive in today’s football

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
All this will be corrected when nobody can sign average foreign players.

Burnley will win the league as they built a solid Brexit foundation.

Eplel

I think 14 out of 27 Brom squad players are not white.

Pronewbie

Peep
I was just looking at West Brom’s squad and is anyone else amazed at the lack of diversity in the squad both from a nationality and race perspective. I'm not accusing them of anything but its odd as every other team in the league has a decent mix.

It probably says a lot about their style of play too. In the PL you'd expect to have white players in the squad as genetically they are the most intelligent. Most teams also have French or Spanish players as they produce the best footballers in Europe along with Germany. There are also a lot more South American players in the PL because frankly their players are usually a joy to watch and have the extra skill and flair needed in teams.

I find it quite odd that West Brom wouldn't want some of these qualities in their team. I mean it's served them well so far but looking at them you can't help but feel one of the reasons they are bottom is due to lack of intelligence, heading and passing. Pulis was a fecking dinosaur but even he had a diverse team with the likes of Crouch, Adam and Etherington.

My question to the Caf is do you think this is deliberate from West Brom?
What am I reading?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I was just looking at Bilbao’s squad and is anyone else amazed at the lack of diversity in the squad? I'm not accusing them of anything but its odd as every other team in the league has a decent mix of other nationalities except fecking Spanish.

It probably says a lot about their style of play too. In the PL you'd expect to see more English players as it's an English country, but not exclusively so. Most teams also have Scottish and Welsh as they produce the best footballers in the world, which is a widely known fact. There are also a lot more Irish players in the PL for some reason despite their country continually underachieving at the national national NATION level.

I find it quite odd that Atletico Bilbao wouldn't want some of these qualities in their team. I mean it's served them well so far as they haven't been relegated in donkey's years but looking at them you can't help but feel one of the reasons they haven't won La Liga since 1984 is because they lack a few Croats and Danes. Manuel Pelligrini probably remembers the late Triassic period but even he has a diverse team at Betis with the likes of Fekir, Sidnei and Aissa Mandi.

My question to the Caf is do you think this is deliberate from Atletico Bilbao?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think I’m due another Caf break. Can’t be getting triggered by online strangers.

CallyRed

If your pissed off with WBA, take a look at Burnley's squad

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
The show's over, locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.