Djuricic on trail...

lysglimt

Scout
http://www.blic.rs/sport.php?id=73853

Filip Djuricic is said to be a huge talent, and several clubs are chasing him already.
If i understand this correctly

1) he left Red Star Belgrade to join Olympiakos

2) Red Star got him back after threatening to sue the Greek team for poaching him

3) The let him go to Ranicki Obrenovac on loan

4) And now Ajax and United are fighting madly to sign him...

Is that about right ?

Alex

How the feck are we supposed to read that, most of us dont speak gibberish

lysglimt

Scout
How the feck are we supposed to read that, most of us dont speak gibberish
I am not very good at serbian but I think it says - Djuricic might be the 4th serbian player at United.

He turns 17 january 30th and then it says something about what I wrote before - joining Olympiakos and going to Radnicki after retuning frm Olympiakos.

I COULD be right :)

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
He should have been in Manchester this morning and watching the match. Looks like Vujacic is beginning to establish a Serbian colony at United.

tyrone red

It looks like Budimir Vujacic, Manchester United scout for Balkan is working 24 hours a day. Vujacic earned his credits for the transfer of Nemanja Vidic from Spartak, and only month ago we have announced that he is bringing two new Serbs to the Old Trafford, Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic. Only couple of weeks after their signing, Vujacic brought new Serbian kid for the United trial. I am sure that you have watched Sunday game against Chelsea and that you noticed Jose Mourinho in the stands. I am also sure that you have not noticed the kid that was sitting in front of him. That was Filip Djuricic, Serbian U17 playmaker.
Filip was under the spotlight for the first time, 2 years ago, when Serbian press announced that Olympiakos stoled two kids from Red Star Belgrade. Ilija Ivic, former Red Star and Olympiakos star, was at the moment Olympiakos director and as he was more then aware of their qualities, he took Djuricic, his teammate Aleksandar Kovacevic, and their parents to Athens. Red Star decided to sue Greeks, and at the end kids had to return to Belgrade. To make it more weird, even Ilija Ivic in the meantime left Olympiakos and started his role as director in Red Star Belgrade. While Aleksandar Kovacevic decided to continue his career with Red Star, Djuricic decided to leave the club and not to play for them anymore (it looks more like his father decided that, as he was not satisfied with the way club treated his son before). He returned to his hometown club Radnicki Obrenovac (suburban part of Belgrade) and is playing for their youth side, and also is the key player for current Serbian U17 setup.

Couple of weeks ago, we could see his name once again in the press. This time, Dutch press started the rumour that Djuricic is on the verge of signing the deal with Ajax, wellknown for their scouting network and excellent Academy. His manager told that the deal is not done yet, but that they are close to make the deal, while Djuricic also told the Serbian press that he would be more then happy to move to Amsterdam. It looks like Vujacic is trying to steal him in the last moment, as he did with Vidic (who was very close to sign for Fiorentina). Djuricic came to Old Trafford and will have one week trial there, similar one Ljajic had 2 months ago. We would not be surprised to see him signing for United Academy team, and Ferguson will have enough time to see his potential.

I did notice him there yesterday but did not know who he was.

http://www.soccerpie.com/premier_league/filip-djuricic-another-serb-spoted-at-old-trafford/

Epic

I am sure that you have watched Sunday game against Chelsea and that you noticed Jose Mourinho in the stands. I am also sure that you have not noticed the kid that was sitting in front of him. That was Filip Djuricic, Serbian U17 playmaker.
Looked like Fernando Torres to me.

davisjw

Interestingly enough when I saw Jose, Djuricic stuck out to me..

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Looked like Fernando Torres to me.
Me and my friends watched on and were wondering who he was... Had not thought that it could have been a player that was on trial.. But we definitely thought that he looked a bit like Bojan (But we knew it wasn't him)

twitter thread suggester

Interesting how he changes jacket. Something dodgy about him.

jb8521

Extremely highly rated in Serbia along with Ljajic and Aleksic

Ekeke

New news

Filip Djuricic, the captain of the Serbia U-17 team and Radnicki midfielder, was a special guest at Old Trafford on Sunday for United’s match against Chelsea, while only a day later he attended two practice sessions under the charge of Sir Alex Ferguson.

The former Red Star player, who spent a year in Olympiacos Athens, and then joined Serbian lower-league side Radnicki Obrenovac, has put in some promising performances at the age of 17, which have caught the eye of Budimir Vujacic, a Manchester United scout for the Eastern Europe. Vujacic has recommended Djuricic to the coaching staff of the reigning Champions League winners and enabled the midfielder to spend seven days at the

Theatre of Dreams and prove his merit. Jovica Radonjic, Filip Djuricic’s agent, conveys the first impressions from England.
- “Filip is at Manchester United together with Budimir Vujacic and is impressed with what he experienced during the game against Chelsea. He was first presented at the club, and then he watched the match in the VIP box, in the company of the likes of Jose Mourinho and Fabio Capello. For a boy of his age it’s an incredible thing; he is mentally very strong, mature and has a strong character. He is also aware of how much more effort and hard work lies ahead of him,” says Radonjic.

What is Djuricic’s itinerary in Manchester?
- “He had two training sessions on Monday, while today [Tuesday] he should undergo tests and remain at Old Trafford until 18 January. If he pleases Ferguson, then in late January or early February I will travel to Manchester in order to negotiate the terms of his deal so that the contract can be signed.”
Is Filip still a Radnicki Obrenovac player?
- “Yes, he has no connections with Red Star any more, except that he remains an ardent fan.”

In case he lands a deal with Manchester United, Djuricic will most certainly be sent on a one-year loan just like Adem Ljajic, another recent 17-year-old United signing from Serbia.
- “Let’s first wait until Filip passes all the tests and then we can discuss the details. It’s no secret, however, that one of the possible options is that he could return to Radnicki for a year, which I would insist on. Another scenario would be that United send him away to one of their affiliate clubs. Another realistic option would be Belgium, given the fact 17-year-olds are allowed to play top-league football there. So his options are relatively open; only one thing is for sure – he cannot join another Serbian club.”

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Sounds like there's a real possibility of him signing based on that last article. Very cool.

Virtuoso

Serb warns of Old Trafford invasion

Filip Djuricic has warned of a Serbian invasion at Manchester United after joining the Premier League champions on trial.

The Radnicki Obfrenovac youngster saw the 3-0 win over Chelsea on Sunday and is training under the watchful gaze of reserve team coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (pictured).

With Nemanja Vidic, Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic already signed up, United are harvesting their Balkan contacts impressively.

"Every day, there are more of us here at United," the 16-year-old playmaker told Kurir.

"If we will do well, definitely more Serbs will come to United. Serbian will soon be the official language here!

"Manchester United do not call a player without a reason. People in the club told me not to talk with the press about my stay in Manchester and especially not to mention the conversations."

Djuricic enjoyed watching the win at Old Trafford at the weekend and picked out two individuals from the United side.

"I was surprised to see Jose Mourinho in front of me," he exclaimed. "At half time, I saw Fabio Capello, Marcel Desailly and many others who I recently watched on TV.

"I was amazed by Ryan Giggs and Cristiano Ronaldo.

"I came here with Mr [Budimir] Vujacic [United's scout] and saw Tosic and Vidic. I trained with the second team."

The teenager's father has confirmed that his son is working under Solskjaer with his stint in Manchester due to last until January 18.

"I know Filip will keep his feet on the ground," he said to Sport Serbia. "He will train one or two times per day and yesterday he trained under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer."

If United to decide to push ahead with a deal, they would loan him back to Radnicki or even out to feeder club Royal Antwerp.
http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/1/13/Prem-Serbian-on-United-trial/gnid-35247/

Virtuoso

Cool, we've got some great attacking talent in the youth teams and he'd be a good addition by the sounds of things :)

Macheda
Welbeck
Ljajlejkejeiclick or whatever his name is
Petrucci
Ra'vel
Djuricic is we get him

And more.
If even only 1 or 2 of those become top draw players, we'll be saving ourselves from spending a bundle. I have to say though, I do expect quite a few of them to have very good careers, hopefully at United too.

Adem Ljajic seems amazing from what I've read and the little I've seen - he'll definitely be one to follow the progress of at Partizan, only 17 years of age too.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
In another forum, some Serbian fans who follow their country's youth football claims that Ljajic is the best of the '91 generation (and probably of all under 18's), and Djuricic is the best of the '92. Good times