Do Legends walk alone? | Now available in audiobook

LuckyScout78

Today im writing a short article and post about Legends. And special football legends and legends which are in sport and team world. Not like invidual sport like Boxing, Tennis, Golf or more.
So i will ask myself. Does football legend walks alone?

I think and believe the answer is No. The greatest legends and world class players never walk alone. First. Football is a team sport. To achieve and win the biggest trophies in football. A team need more than one best players in the line up.

To find example of that legends didnt and dont walk alone.
We go back to the time of George Best, Bobby Charlton and Denis Law. To they are 3 not one. And of course more in the golden era. But the most outstanding and well known, football legends

Then we switch to the Brazil golden generation:
With Pele, Garrincha and more.

To the 90s with Eric Cantona and the class of 92.

Brazil second golden generation with Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho

Frances golden generation : Zidane, Makele, Viera, Desailly

Later with Spain tik taka golden generation: Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol and Ramos

Then with C.Ronaldo, Scholes, Giggs, Rooney and more

So at theirs peak. We dont see they are playing like what we are calling. A one man team. But before we call a legend was playing like a one man team. Or he won the biggest trophies alone. Like World cup or the top 4 league. We have to analize all the XI level. There maybe world class defend or midfield players playing beside them. Withouh having the same well known at repuation like the outstanding world class player and legend.

Again. At theirs peak. I dont think and believe. There are not at least one, 2 or more legends playing beside them. Its definition of : " Legends dont walk alone". So in this case. The Liverpool song is right on point. You never walk alone. Definitely not football legends.

And so if they are not walking a lone. There is a good sign for the club, fans and the owner. They are in the good time and golden era. The level of XI and squad are really high.

Lately and this season. A football legends like C.Ronaldo has return back to United. One of the greatest of all time. To see if he is not his peak. We have to analyze and rate the level of his teammates. To see if he is walking alone.
Then i would start with United players. Those who i think are closest to the top level in theirs each positions.
After Ronaldo. I think Bruno is closest to the top level. Only on a consistent level. Then i think we have Rashford. The guts are always on top. And his consistent level is really high too.
In central midfield. I m satisfy and believe McTominay is doing a really conistent job as a player that break down opponents attack and the player that do the dirty job and make United hard to play against role.

So i definitely believe Ronaldo is not walking alone this time neither. We can see. Ronaldo didnt arrive back under LVG or Mourinho, where United were at a sinking ship period. The United ship is more steady now after the arriving or Bruno.
And legend at theirs peak. When they come and arrive. They dont walk a lone. They attract other great players or a great teams shall be on place when he is arriving. It is like when me and a norwegian king are visiting the White house. The different with me and the king team and followers. There are two different worlds. Same as football legends and one of the GOAT arriving Old Trafford. Everything will change. The level of the team and everything relate to it.
And Bruno, Rashford and McTom still havent won anything. Rashford did with LVG, The fa cup. The point is. United others players are on the way up, theirs peak, hungry and want the biggest trophy. And with the arriving with a football legend Ronaldo. I think the biggest trophies are on their way.
If not, if Ronaldo end up playing in USA. There would be different. But at United. I think and believe they have others really great players in the future too. The 3 i mentioned. Plus Greenwood and Sancho. So its really high quality of Ronaldo teammates. And maybe in the future. We can call United others players for legends too.

Sum up and conclusion: Legends dont walk alone. Special at theirs peak. He will surround of really good and high quality teammates. The closest to a one man team is Diego Maradonna. But to be honest. I dont know much about Maradonna Argentina or Napoli teammates. But even in boxing or tennis. You need really really good coaches and guidances. In formel one. You need a whole crew and team behind you. So yeah. Like old peoples have said. You dont win anything alone. Special in teamsport. So yeah. I think and believe the greatest legends dont walk alone. For Ronaldo back to United this time too. And maybe other great football players....are on theirs way to Old Trafford too. Legends attract legends ;)

p.s I did get inspired by Ronaldo coming back this time. The inspiration of this post;) Ronaldo dont walk alone ;)

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Generally end of legs walk in twos

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Legends can absolutely walk alone. There have been numerous instances of one outstanding talent carrying an average team. Lebron James & Diego Maradona come to mind.

Also, it costs nothing not to be a dick. English clearly isn’t his first language. Leave it out.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
In tone of the thread, De Gea walked alone without a defense for a lot of seasons, but thanks to that became one of the best, even while his form is sometimes questionable.

RedDevil@84

"One man team" is something that the Messi fanboys created. Hoping this will make the thread alive

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wake up babe new LuckyScout78 thread

Classical Mechanic

Aren't there posters on here that are doing masters in AI? I'm convinced LuckyScout is some sort of machine learning bot that is harvesting posts from football forums and learning to construct threads on football topics.

Last edited:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
"I walk a lonely road, the only one that I have ever known"

That tune's gonna be in my head all night long now.

Thanks OP.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Legends walk together
Bellends walk alone
Bellend Legends sometimes walk together, sometimes alone

I dont know how it is so hard to understand.

AaronRedDevil

It's ok OP. I know how annoying it is when you write out a full on essay and no one talks about. I feel you're pain :lol:

Oranges038

Did Frances have Zidane, Makele, Viera, Desailly as children or lovers? Was there something golden involved?

Either way, Frances must be some woman.